Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Jello effect" video

Typically Jello is caused by high frequency vibration. It is aggravated by very high shutter speeds that accompany very high frame rates in such conditions where small vibrations are present. Also a Rolling shutter plays a role in causing this phenomenon but since we have hundreds of examples of video from the H Plus without jello, I wouldn't focus on that.

Keeping in mind that there are countless hours of video from H Pluses and C23s without any hint of this, my gut says this is caused by factors that are caused by this particular C23 and its gimbal. However, to go through the paces to eliminate the 'usual' suspects of jello I would start to eliminate the possibilities one at a time. I would first check to see if I had a severely out-of-balance propeller or two; make sure to eliminate or reduce the primary cause of vibration. From there I might use an ND filter to get the shutter speed closer to ideal - twice the frame rate which; ideally should be that of the video standard that I was editing in, whether it is Pal or NTSC.

In other words - when you are shooting at high frame rates and are using a very high shutter speed, and then you couple that; with a slight vibration that has a harmonic variance of just a certain value - you can get jello.

However, if none of that makes a difference, I would say there is a problem with the gimbal

Reactions: AH-1G
The camera was replaced during the last repair. It is unlikely that the new camera has the same defect. It is more logical to assume that the drone itself has a defect.

If the camera has been really replaced, work on the balancing of the propellers and check anyway your dampers

The camera and gimbal were replaced as a single unit. Of course, you can stick a new number on the body, and say that this is a new camera, but I don't want to think it's that bad.

It would be nice if you live close by someone in your area that also has a H+, and put his camera on your H+ and see the outcome

It would be nice if you live close by someone in your area that also has a H+, and put his camera on your H+ and see the outcome
Yes, it would be nice, but in this wilderness, I seem to be the only owner of the Typhoon H Plus.

I once again lifted the drone into the air and flew in completely windless weather. The video file of this flight you can download here:

158C23HD - Google Drive

I hope this gives you more information.

I was only able to open 1 out of 3. The video I was able review was you taking off from you patio.
Here's what I noticed.
1st, while moving forward while camera facing forward at 0º no issues. Beside your video, not sure if it's a You Tube issue?
Once you slightly tilted down the camera, you then had that wobble affect, but when going backwards and the down for a landing the wobble affect wasn't there??????
I do believe you have a problem, can't really make a clear judgement without really seeing the video before it goes through YouTube.
What video settings do you have it set on?
Try 1080 at 4k and see what results you get.

I was only able to open 1 out of 3. The video I was able review was you taking off from you patio.
Here's what I noticed.
1st, while moving forward while camera facing forward at 0º no issues. Beside your video, not sure if it's a You Tube issue?
Once you slightly tilted down the camera, you then had that wobble affect, but when going backwards and the down for a landing the wobble affect wasn't there??????
I do believe you have a problem, can't really make a clear judgement without really seeing the video before it goes through YouTube.
What video settings do you have it set on?
Try 1080 at 4k and see what results you get.
It is the original file from the camera - 4K/60fps.
You can download it (YUN0001.MP4) but it's pretty big - about 3GB.
You all correctly described, simply when viewing 4K it is better visible.

It is the original file from the camera - 4K/60fps.
You can download it (YUN0001.MP4) but it's pretty big - about 3GB.
You all correctly described, simply when viewing 4K it is better visible.
Do 4k at 30 frames. What will be the results?
Google wouldn't allow me to download that.

Do 4k at 30 frames. What will be the results?
Google wouldn't allow me to download that.

I made four videos in different modes.

159C23HD - Google Drive

YUN_0001 - 4K(4096x2160)/29.97
YUN_0002 - 2.7K(2720x1536)/29.97
YUN_0003 - Full HD (1920x1080)/29.97
YUN_0004 - 4K(4096x2160)/59.94

Ok saw them,
I was wanting you to record videos while flying. set your camera to 30fps at 4k and another video set at 1080 at 4k.
I'm wondering if 60fps second is your issue? or your Pc can't handle it?
what does it look like on your ST monitor, even though it will display at 720?

Ok saw them,
I was wanting you to record videos while flying. set your camera to 30fps at 4k and another video set at 1080 at 4k.
I'm wondering if 60fps second is your issue? or your Pc can't handle it?
what does it look like on your ST monitor, even though it will display at 720?

I have a fairly powerful workstation and it plays video without delays and skipping frames and as you can see from these examples, the problem is not related to frame rate.

google was giving me a warning about a virus, that's why I couldn't download.
I decided to by pass it.
If in English Google writes the same as in Spanish, It only warns that the file was not checked because of the large size.

When I finished shooting these 4 videos, this is what happened when I landed:

The drone lowered only one chassis. I had to switch the toggle switch up and down again to get the second chassis down.

Could it be the cause of the vibrations?

Last edited:
Did you ever crash or have a hard landing?
Those gears can be adjusted to work properly unless something has been damaged inside.
Your issue with the camera is your are shooting at 60fps.
Don't shoot at 60fps.! Period!
Show us a video at 30fps. Then we can discus this more in detail !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio