Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jello or prop noise?

Reaction score
Just watched Simon Newton's review. Did anyone else notice some "jello" in his footage. It was either that or a bad prop shadow effect. (Example: lower left of the screen at around 20:34). The yellow flowers also seem to have a lot of "noise". He does mention that the transcoding for youtube might have introduced issues.

Just watched Simon Newton's review. Did anyone else notice some "jello" in his footage. It was either that or a bad prop shadow effect. (Example: lower left of the screen at around 20:34). The yellow flowers also seem to have a lot of "noise". He does mention that the transcoding for youtube might have introduced issues.

Youtube's transcoding engine is probably not digesting the source video very well. I'm sure the original video files look much better and without the jerky framerate.

Simon replied regarding this:

Some flickering was prop shadow caused by sunlight through the rotor disc - you can often see it in footage heading into sun on my Phantom 3 and when I reviewed 3DR Solo. The other artefacts are because I filmed this in 1080p30 but rendered into 1080p25 because that's what my DSLR was set to for the other shots. As stated in the video, proper camera tests to come and I'm hoping to find some way of hosting clips that come direct off the camera SD card so there's no YT compression, etc.

Reactions: HarveyC

That is classic prop shadow. Simon and I commented on it on his Youtube site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval