Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just another compas problem!

Reaction score
Hi!
No matter how hard I try, no matter how low the kp index is, I always fail and get the solid white led light when attempting to calibrate the q500 4k. Ive noticed when calibrating the led lights are blinking red and green fast as the should. But I get a quick white light every now and then. Is this normal?
Ive tried different locations and always open fields, with no metal, power lines or concrete near.
Any tips?!

Reactions: yfz404
Hi!
No matter how hard I try, no matter how low the kp index is, I always fail and get the solid white led light when attempting to calibrate the q500 4k. Ive noticed when calibrating the led lights are blinking red and green fast as the should. But I get a quick white light every now and then. Is this normal?
Ive tried different locations and always open fields, with no metal, power lines or concrete near.
Any tips?!
I'm not sure I understand the lights you refer to, but, the status light on the rear of the Q will be Green in Smart mode, Blue (purple) in Angle mode and both will have a white flash every few seconds after you have GPS lock. If the Q needs a compass calibration, the status light will flash orange and you may also see a warning on the ST10. The Q500 rarely needs a compass calibration.

Reactions: Jafo
I'm not sure I understand the lights you refer to, but, the status light on the rear of the Q will be Green in Smart mode, Blue (purple) in Angle mode and both will have a white flash every few seconds after you have GPS lock. If the Q needs a compass calibration, the status light will flash orange and you may also see a warning on the ST10. The Q500 rarely needs a compass calibration.

Im sorry for not being clear enough :), but yes, I refered to the status light. When you enter calibration that light goes blinkin green and red. But I noticed that when I turn the q500 like you should starting from nose pointing mag north, the status light goes green and red fast and white every now and then.

Try again using this video as a guide. You only have 30 seconds to complete the calibration. It is easier with the camera and props removed.
Watch starting at min 2:42.

Try again using this video as a guide. You only have 30 seconds to complete the calibration. It is easier with the camera and props removed.
Watch starting at min 2:42.

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it right. I will post an update!

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it right. I will post an update!

So, I tried and tried, with no luck at all.
Still get calibration failed and no reboot.
Im still wondering what the white status light that comes every two second during the calibration process means ? Cant remember I've seen it before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss