Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just arrived and already drunk

I did that last year, sold my Hplus, bought a Dji M2P. Worst thing I did in all my drone experience. Will never purchase or support Dji in any way.
It is good to see a Yuneec experience with a DJI product.

Too many people jump into a brand loyalty thing. If they were practical they would establish the kind of work they wanted to do and buy the tools that best suited the job. Good research would take them to a model that did the job best regardless of brand.
As usual I do agree with you Pat up to a point. What does the Dodge truck offer that the Ford does not and visa-versa?

It is good to see a Yuneec experience with a DJI product.

I had the original H, which was probably their best overall package. Flew that for close to two years. Then got the H Plus for the huge camera improvements. I just had a couple issues with it that were not camera related. Will get the H3 or the new Autel once they are shaken out. I like the fact they are bringing cruise control back to the H3; on the 480H that was a great feature.

As usual I do agree with you Pat up to a point. What does the Dodge truck offer that the Ford does not and visa-versa?

Well... since I have two Ford trucks and one Dodge mini van, in my case both trucks have provided a few 100k miles of problem free ownership. The mini van? Never again as the one I have loves mechanics more than the owner.

Well... since I have two Ford trucks and one Dodge mini van, in my case both trucks have provided a few 100k miles of problem free ownership. The mini van? Never again as the one I have loves mechanics more than the owner.
I have had 2 Chryslers mini vans in the past and I have 2 now. The ones I have now I've had to put mufflers and 1 battery and both have over 150,000 miles.

I've had 4 Ford trucks and they were constantly giving me issues. Everyone has different experiences. For me they're stuff I drive and I don't care what they are.

Probably not going to invest into Yugo's though!

Good bird but if people think Yuneec batteries are expensive the Inspire 2 ups the ante as it requires 2 per flight.

Were those with or without camera? The 2 normally sells sans camera and you buy that separately.

The battery design of the H3 is one of the things putting me off purchase. I have more than enough batteries that fit my Typhoon H and H520 and balk at the thought of buying an H3 with yet another set of batteries (at 180 Euros each). Nor is there an after-market charging lead available yet, though it is early days.H3 battery Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Exactly, this is the kind of battery that breaks future purchases. I have a stock of 8 batteries / 6 H520 and 2 H +. I would not run to look for another bird which has the same batteries but with a different catch. Cable puzzle, additional or third-party charger.
I would look for a other 520 or an H + ................ or the future Evo 2 if it comes out one day.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The battery design of the H3 is one of the things putting me off purchase. I have more than enough batteries that fit my Typhoon H and H520 and balk at the thought of buying an H3 with yet another set of batteries (at 180 Euros each). Nor is there an after-market charging lead available yet, though it is early days.View attachment 20077
The latch system appears to be the same as in the H480, H Plus, and H520. The difference is in the power connector to the aircraft. How stupid is that? They just locked out use of batteries that their current users have, and introduce another proprietary battery design.

I decided to see what Leica has to say about their partnership with Yuneec so I scoured their website and found no mention at all about the ION L1 camera or Yuneec. I get the feeling they may not be very proud of their collaboration on this project.

How about folks send a message to Leica and express their current opinion, maybe they'll ruffle Yuneec's feathers a bit??

Reactions: Mike Irish
I doubt that would gain any traction. Leica likely entered non disclosure and non compete agreements with Yuneec as part of their “manufacturing” agreement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval