Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just fell from the sky ...

And just for clarity - The history Notes on the controller are not the telemetry, this is just a way to access the notes from previous flights - much of which will flash on the screen in real time - such as when you switch flight mode, magnetic interference and so forth. Some of the notes don't make sense. Here is an example of the history notes from a session in which I took off and landed twice. You will notice that there is only one note between the take-offs and landings - (top of pic 1, bottom of pic 2 it says) NOT DISARMING: Not in manual mode or landed yet - also note that immediately upon motor start there is a Avionics Power Low warning - I believe this is normal and I only see it just before motor start. I can tell you is this is what a normal flight looks like in the History Notes.

Notes1.jpg Notes2.jpg

Thanks for sharing Ty, figured you knew the answer.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I believe the History is embedded in the binary Sensor.txt files.
Yes, it is among a lot of other messages in the sensor files. Those messages looking just like MAV link messages with some differences. ARDU Pilot MissionPlanner can decode most of the messages but there is no time sync visible. Only the time since boot time is there in some messages. Date, UTC or something like that, I cannot see.

br HE

This happened to me in June 2017, the H being just 3 months old at the time. Yuneec UK were fantastic, and I had a replacement (under warranty) in my hands within 24 hours. In my case they said that they'd identified a fault on the mainboard, but would not elaborate on that.

Reactions: h-elsner
Hi everyone,

After some analysis Yuneec Germany decided to replace my H+ under warranty. Appreciated of course.

Since I am in a Russia the logistics is not as swift as in US or Europe, but I am supposed to receive the new one early next week.

So far I have no feedback regarding the root cause, but I will try to get some info.

Looking forward to next week)))!

Reactions: h-elsner
Great news per!!! Hope the replacement works flawlessly.

Hi again everyone,

Closing my post on this issue. I got my replacement bird this week. I appreciate the customer service from Yuneec Germany, but even more the support from Peter at Yuneec Russia! Serious approach and good service.

Regarding root cause for the crash I did not get much from Yuneec, except that the crash was related to some kind of power outage. This is more or less the same conclusion as some of you guys out there came to.

Again, I am happy for the professional and non-biased support!

So glad you received a just and fair resolution. We wish there were more folks like “Peter in Russia” working for Yuneec (especially here in the US) we are jealous!

Peter,

Since we understand that you read our forum, please help us by letting us know when we are off base on a subject as well as when we are correct. We could really use some help in clearing up areas of doubt/uncertainty. Feel free to become a member of the forum and if not able to post openly about a subject, use the Conversation with myself to pass on info discreetly.

Per,

Thanks for the update and please stay an active member of the forum.

Dang I really want one of these, but then posts like this give me pause.

Is it just me or is falling out of the sky happening more often than it should?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwalston