Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just fell from the sky ...

Reaction score
Got my H+ a week ago and have made some test flying without problems.

Today the bird just suddenly dropped to ground from 20 meters. Full battery. Obviously severely damaged.

Anyone knows about an issue like that? How does Yuneec treat that?

Happy for advice.

Sry yo hear that. I have just had my camera to service at Yuneec EU it was fast and excellent costumer service. I would recommend that you submit a ticket and call them first thing on Monday.

Will get with you soon to give instructions for retrieving the telemetry files, which we will have you upload here. We can then look for any causes for the failure.

So far care for H+ customers has seemed good.

Connect the ST-16 controller to your PC, it should show up as an external drive, navigate to the Flight2Log folder (it should contain subfolders Remote, RemoteGPS, Sensor, and Telemetry), copy the FlightLog folder to your desktop.

Open the Flight2Log folder you just copied to the desktop and select the four subfolders and zip them into a compressed file, then use the attach file button here to upload it to this thread.

I will be using Q500log2kml program by @h-elsner to analyze the telemetry. You can get it from his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in the downloads area.

Edit: changed the folder to read Flight2Log from FlightLog.

Last edited:
Connect the ST-16 controller to your PC, it should show up as an external drive, navigate to the FlightLog folder (it should contain subfolders Remote, RemoteGPS, Sensor, and Telemetry), copy the FlightLog folder to your desktop.

Open the FlightLog folder you just copied to the desktop and select the four subfolders and zip them into a compressed file, then use the attach file button here to upload it to this thread.

I will be using Q500log2kml program by @h-elsner to analyze the telemetry. You can get it from his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in the downloads area.
Which download? The EN 32?

It's a good idea to save the Flight2Log first before you send the H+ to customer service.

To have a better picture, please send all csv files in the Flight2Log folder that matches the time of the crash including the related Sensor_xxxxx.txt too. The Numbering of the Sensor files do not match the numbers of the other Flight2Log files. Look at the time stamps of the files instead. It should be as near to the _xxxxx.csv files as possible.
Sensor files contains text messages (among a lot other binary) from the copter. Maybe there is something in that helps.

br HE

I find a folder named Flight2Log. It contains the subfolders you listed. This one I guess. Enclosed. 44Mb.

Again, thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Flight2Log.zip
    42.2 MB · Views: 19
Helmut, what main folder on the ST-16S contains the telemetry files that need to be saved?

this is the third no?
Sorry

1st, 3rd, or 10th, until we have more background it’s pretty hard to assess cause. If we remember back, there were a lot of new H users that failed to secure the battery properly and were the general cause of the falling from the sky syndrome. I suspect similar is the case with the Plus.

We should also consider some of these falling from the sky references are the first post from some. They didn’t find this forum until after the aircraft was allegedly “broken”.

Reactions: oliver
It's a good idea to save the Flight2Log first before you send the H+ to customer service.

To have a better picture, please send all csv files in the Flight2Log folder that matches the time of the crash including the related Sensor_xxxxx.txt too. The Numbering of the Sensor files do not match the numbers of the other Flight2Log files. Look at the time stamps of the files instead. It should be as near to the _xxxxx.csv files as possible.
Sensor files contains text messages (among a lot other binary) from the copter. Maybe there is something in that helps.

br HE
Already saved on my PC, thanks to advice from you guys! Thanks!

All csv files included in the zip-file.

Regards,

Per

1st, 3rd, or 10th, until we have more background it’s pretty hard to assess cause. If we remember back, there were a lot of new H users that failed to secure the battery properly and were the general cause of the falling from the sky syndrome. I suspect similar is the case with the Plus.

We should also consider some of these falling from the sky references are the first post from some. They didn’t find this forum until after the aircraft was allegedly “broken”.
Don't want to argue with you PatR, but I found this forum before I had the accident. I read and enjoyed information in order to increase my competence. I did not post until I had something to say, and unfortunately this became my accident. so, don't be sour with because I am new to the forum.

Reactions: film drone

yes, but it's always challenging to read unexplained crahs. The battery is not secure, we will quickly see it on the flight log ...

per,

What time did you make your fatal flight? and the one just prior to it?

Looks like you connected to the H+ after the crash also.

I appreciate everyone's help, never mind if it is my fault or a bug in the system. The H+ will somehow be repaired and I for sure do not want this to happen again.

Regards,

Per

What I am seeing in the suspected crash file is a major GPS position error like we see from the craft being indoors, then loss of data.

If I remember correctly, there was a recent crash attributed to a total IMU failure that appeared in the telemetry like a sudden power loss.

per,

What time did you make your fatal flight? and the one just prior to it?

Looks like you connected to the H+ after the crash also.
The flight before the crash finished sometime around 17:05 (local time obviously). I guess this since my last photo was taken 17:02, not long before landing.

I cannot tell the exact time for the fatal flight start, but it is the next flight after the one that finished around 17:05.

Did I connect to the H+ after the crash? Not with intent. I had the bird in sight when it crashed, not too far away (100-150 meters away, I looked at the H+, not at the ST16). After the crash I put the ST16 down at the start point and walked to the crash area to search for it. Terrible area with high vegetation. Found after almost an hours search. Plastics more or less smashed. Maybe the ST16 by itself managed to connect to the H+ when I was walking and searching. I don't know.

Thanks again for helping!

Per

Don't want to argue with you PatR, but I found this forum before I had the accident. I read and enjoyed information in order to increase my competence. I did not post until I had something to say, and unfortunately this became my accident. so, don't be sour with because I am new to the forum.

That was good to know. Many only arrive here after the fact. No intent to offend, I just put everything on the table for people to draw from. I’ve learned few things are ever as clear cut as they may first appear. What might be of considerable interest is the ST-16 and aircraft linking again post crash, especially if you had not handled the battery or jostled the aircraft in a manner that might have caused a connection.

Reactions: biltno
The flight before the crash finished sometime around 17:05 (local time obviously). I guess this since my last photo was taken 17:02, not long before landing.

I cannot tell the exact time for the fatal flight start, but it is the next flight after the one that finished around 17:05.

Did I connect to the H+ after the crash? Not with intent. I had the bird in sight when it crashed, not too far away (100-150 meters away, I looked at the H+, not at the ST16). After the crash I put the ST16 down at the start point and walked to the crash area to search for it. Terrible area with high vegetation. Found after almost an hours search. Plastics more or less smashed. Maybe the ST16 by itself managed to connect to the H+ when I was walking and searching. I don't know.

Thanks again for helping!

Per
My accurate wife just told me that the bird crashed around 19:00-19:10 local time. She was in the sauna with our daughter when I shouted to them that I went to search the H+.

Good to have the wifes sometimes ...

Per

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jindaldoorandply