Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just fell from the sky ...

That was good to know. Many only arrive here after the fact. No intent to offend, I just put everything on the table for people to draw from. I’ve learned few things are ever as clear cut as they may first appear. What might be of considerable interest is the ST-16 and aircraft linking again post crash, especially if you had not handled the battery or jostled the aircraft in a manner that might have caused a connection.
I searched at least 30-45 minutes before I found the H+, maybe more. So if there was connection after the crash, I guess that confirms that the battery issue is off the table. But I obviously don't know, awaiting conclusions from you experienced guys.

Thanks!

Per

What I am seeing in the suspected crash file is a major GPS position error like we see from the craft being indoors, then loss of data.

If I remember correctly, there was a recent crash attributed to a total IMU failure that appeared in the telemetry like a sudden power loss.
What is IMU? Do you mean that the computer of the H+ somehow "lost it"?

The IMU is the Inertial Measurement Unit that feeds position, attitude, and acceleration data to the flight controller.

I don’t remember if it was an H Pro or H+ that was replaced under warranty for that failure, but the telemetry looked like the battery vibrated loose due to not being latched in.

Did the last flight originate at or near the previous successful flight?

The IMU is the Inertial Measurement Unit that feeds position, attitude, and acceleration data to the flight controller.

I don’t remember if it was an H Pro or H+ that was replaced under warranty for that failure, but the telemetry looked like the battery vibrated loose due to not being latched in.

Did the last flight originate at or near the previous successful flight?

The fatal flight was about 5 km from the previous successful one. The fatal was just around our home, where I have been flying at least 5-10 times last week, practicing.

I did some searching and found that it was a couple of Yuneec 520’s that had the IMU fail. But I believe the H+ is based on the same flight control module as the 520 (correct me if I am mistaken on that).

From Sensor files I would say, you are lucky. This belongs to the flightLog 00046:
D:\temp\Flight2Log_per.strandqvist\Sensor\Sensor_00056.txt
5 INFO: (3,26)ANGLE MODE
7 CRITICAL: CAUTION: Avionics power low: 4.69 Volt
8 INFO: Armed by RC.
9 INFO: [logger] file: /fs/microsd/log/2018-08-25/12_56_1
10 CRITICAL: Failsafe enabled: no local position
20180 CRITICAL: (1,62)MANUAL CONTROL LOST (at t=432878ms).
20181 CRITICAL: Failsafe enabled: RC lost
20182 CRITICAL: Failsafe enabled: RC lost
20183 INFO: Failsafe mode on.
20211 INFO: (3,63)Manual control regained after 3487ms.
20214 INFO: Failsafe mode off.
22148 INFO: RTL: loiter 3.5s
22858 INFO: (3,26)ANGLE MODE
22945 INFO: (3,41) BEGIN TO AUTOLAND
23245 CRITICAL: (1,61)MOTOR 5 ERROR IS 4,ENTER FAULT TOLERANT CON
23250 CRITICAL: (1,61)MOTOR 1 ERROR IS 4,ENTER FAULT TOLERANT CON
23254 CRITICAL: (1,61)MOTOR 4 ERROR IS 4,ENTER FAULT TOLERANT CON
23256 CRITICAL: (1,61)MOTOR 0 ERROR IS 4,ENTER FAULT TOLERANT CON
23313 INFO: Landing detected.
23315 CRITICAL: The motor is abnormal and immediately disarmed.
23316 INFO: Disarmed by RC.
23317 INFO: Automated flight complete.
23318 INFO: (3,26)ANGLE MODE
25445 MAVlink Records found
And this flight was over the river Wolga! If there would something happened, you would never see again your H Plus. Luckily the motor errors happened during RTH.
--------------------------------
Next sensor file belongs to FlightLog 00047 with crash in. Surprisingly, there is nothing special in. No text message any more after Start (armed):
D:\temp\Flight2Log_per.strandqvist\Sensor\Sensor_00057.txt
25 INFO: (3,26)ANGLE MODE
26 INFO: (3,14)home: 56.7433547, 37.2440937, 120.91
29 INFO: (1,7)Warn geomagnetic field is disturbed.
30 CRITICAL: CAUTION: Avionics power low: 4.68 Volt
31 INFO: Armed by RC.
4016 MAVlink Records found

The last MAV link messages are routine, nothing special.

For me, this looks strange. At the last dataset the voltage is down to 8V. This is probably not true. But why it is shown? Processor shutdown? Or a shortcut in an ESC? That's possible if I read the motor errors in the previous flight. However, I would say HW error.

If the camera was on, there must be a record of the last second on the ST16S in folder something like FPV. Can have a look, what happens last? Usually there is more at the end as in the video recorded on the SD card of the camera.

br HE

Per,

Make sure you checkout this thread H+ Down. According to @toddinroch Yuneec is aware of this problem.

Thank you DM! I saw that one. Seems similar to my case. I have now contacted Yuneec. Will return the H+ to them, and then we will see. I will give all of you feedback when I know how they will settle the case.

Per

Best of luck with Yuneec. There are also at least two other H+ owners with the same apparent failure as yours on the forum besides the one I mentioned earlier.

There is one pilot that I really trust that has not had trouble with his new H+ as of yet. He was planning on using it on a job today, but has delayed using it in his business until more information comes in on this trend.

Hmm.... Maybe I'm just hyper sensitive but it seems like this is happening way too often. I'm wondering now if I made the right choice with this unit. I sent mine in for the same thing about a week ago and have not heard from them yet. I would have thought they tested for this stuff. We'll see what hsppens. Really sorry to hear....

Those text messages in sensor files should also be visible in History on ST16S I have learned. You can checkout by yourself without effort to decode sensor files.

br HE

Where are the history files on the ST16s. I’ve gone through my display and can’t seem to find this, and if it’s in the Android OS, I don’t know where to look either. I’m not an Android user.

Yes, you probably need to get with @h-elsner and use his app to simplify things. He's using a new version so make sure you're on that one. I'm a Mac guy and these latest versions aren't available on the Mac.

Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder

I’m a Mac guy also. I have Windows in a VM for limited use. I’ve been on a Mac for so long, I’ve forgotten my way around the Win OS and have to refer to my tech support son for any issues I run into.

Last edited:
Best of luck with Yuneec. There are also at least two other H+ owners with the same apparent failure as yours on the forum besides the one I mentioned earlier.

There is one pilot that I really trust that has not had trouble with his new H+ as of yet. He was planning on using it on a job today, but has delayed using it in his business until more information comes in on this trend.

Just info to everyone regarding my case. I got preliminary reply from Yuneec Russia, after their communication with Yuneec Germany. Germany had no questions/comments to the log files, and they consider the case to be a warranty case, thus replacement or repair under warranty. I obviously want replacement. I expect firm answer next week.

However, so far no feedback regarding the root cause. I will of course ask for that.

Regards,

Per

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Where are the history files on the ST16s. I’ve gone through my display and can’t seem to find this, and if it’s in the Android OS, I don’t know where to look either. I’m not an Android user.

@Ty Pilot may know how to bring up the History on the ST-16S. It may also be in a folder like the Telemetry files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BodyBlendz