Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear malfunction, one leg up

Reaction score
Yesterday I had the problem of one leg not coming down before landing. I had to hand catch the drone, something I don't like. I read in a post here about cycling the drone, that is putting it upside down and actioning the legs. It didn't work. The leg is still unresponsive. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: biltno
Remove the two metric hex screws in the H body that secure the gear leg and slide the assembly out of the pocket. Clean the electrical contacts on the leg with rubbing alcohol or a rubber pencil erasure and replace the gear leg. Be careful not to over tighten the screws.

Reactions: Manco
Remove the two metric hex screws in the H body that secure the gear leg and slide the assembly out of the pocket. Clean the electrical contacts on the leg with rubbing alcohol or a rubber pencil erasure and replace the gear leg. Be careful not to over tighten the screws.
Thanks! I’ll let you know the outcome.

I would think you may have broken it with a hard landing and the piece that broken off has wedged itself in the gear and stored it from lowering.
As PatR days remove it.... But you can also remove the 6 small Philip screws on the assembly and confirm the end of the arm is still a "C" shape and not a "L" or "r" shape (meaning broken piece)

I would think you may have broken it with a hard landing and the piece that broken off has wedged itself in the gear and stored it from lowering.
As PatR days remove it.... But you can also remove the 6 small Philip screws on the assembly and confirm the end of the arm is still a "C" shape and not a "L" or "r" shape (meaning broken piece)
When I removed the leg to clean the contacts it seemed to be integral without any broken parts.

Try the leg in the opposite side and do your cycle test.
That will confirm faulty actuator or contact

Last edited:
The legs will stay in tight and make contact with the mounting screws removed. This is a good thing for your testing. Once you’ve got the ST booted, start your H with no props or camera mounted and wait for connection. Pick the H up and hold it upside down. Cycle the gear switch. If it’s broken parts (bent shaft) the motor will struggle some. If it’s not moving at all then it’s electrical issues or the motor did die. With the power still on and drone still inverted, swap the gear to the opposite sides and try again. If it’s the motor or circuitry, the problem will follow. The motor power card is the little daughter card in mounted behind the main esc board. It’s possible the molex lead popped out. You may need to trace down some voltages from board in to power leads at internal contacts.

Reactions: Rafy Rodriguez
Hi Craig. I did exactly as you reccomended and definetely is the leg. When I switched legs the functioning leg works on either socket but the bad one is dead. So, I’ll contact Yuneec since my drone is still with guarantee. I hope is just a matter of replacing the bad leg with a new one.

Pull the motor apart.
I suspect that you have a broken end of the leg inside and it has jammed in there.
This is due to heavy landings or misuse.
They may not cover it.

Pull the motor apart.
I suspect that you have a broken end of the leg inside and it has jammed in there.
This is due to heavy landings or misuse.
They may not cover it.
I just talked to them and the problem is the landing gear module. No broken pieces. Is covered! , and is on its way.

I just talked to them and the problem is the landing gear module. No broken pieces. Is covered! , and is on its way.
I understand that. But if you remove the screws you may find it is just jammed up. Use the new one they are sending... Great. But you might be able to fix the other one.
Anyway. I'm sure you can sort it out.
Glad it had been resolved.

Here is the culprit, a loose cable that feeds the electric motor inside the leg module.

Attachments

• 4F6DAD1B-AA98-4D48-99B3-C346EA8A0EE0.jpeg
    4F6DAD1B-AA98-4D48-99B3-C346EA8A0EE0.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Haydn
So now a spare with an easy solder fix. Those wires can get pinched easily during motor assembly. It seems that QC on jobber parts is always tricky. The 480s seem to be more carefully constructed with more tape down and covering of wires internally. I’ve taken to adding a piece of tape below the gimbal mount so it’s wires don’t end up inside the battery compartment. The design is quite easy to maintain and I can now breakdown and rebuild any part of it and started building a spare parts stock. For sure a pair of back up gear motors is on the list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss