Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Pads

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
After seeing a number of posts from people researching multirotor landing pads I became curious as to how many people might be interested in a pad that could be ordered in different sizes, be extremely rigid, and ultra light. The pad would help prevent debris fouling of motors and gimbals, keep camera lenses clean while keeping a camera and gimbal out of the grass and weeds during launches and landings, reducing maintenance issues. The prototype will be done in the next week or so with pictures posted when it’s proven. If you might be interested post a reply to provide a level of interest.

Thanks for the thought.
Pat

Pat,
cool idea.
My first one was a plexiglass circle (too small) Was going to remake it with a center hinge so I could stuff it in my case. Would be interested to see what you had in mind.

Pat there will be a lot of people interested in the landing take off pad. The only problem with most of us is the price point. I know that I can buy one from Carolina Drones for about $70. Especially for something that does not fly. That's too much money for me.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
After seeing a number of posts from people researching multirotor landing pads I became curious as to how many people might be interested in a pad that could be ordered in different sizes, be extremely rigid, and ultra light. The pad would help prevent debris fouling of motors and gimbals, keep camera lenses clean while keeping a camera and gimbal out of the grass and weeds during launches and landings, reducing maintenance issues. The prototype will be done in the next week or so with pictures posted when it’s proven. If you might be interested post a reply to provide a level of interest.

Thanks for the thought.
Pat
Pat ! send me one, I'll beta test it ! LOL !:rolleyes: Just messing with ya! Sure I would be!

My H next to my 5' folded Hoodman launch/landing pad.
b204e9d67c2e371b52c03ec594e4ba6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use that, you'd better put something around the edges to hold it down. The rotor wash and/or wind can definitely mess with the sun guard without something to hold it.

Good idea. Ill get some small tent stakes and put maybe 4 of them around the edge

Bill W.

Reactions: abinder
Good idea. Ill get some small tent stakes and put maybe 4 of them around the edge

Bill W.

That should probably help.

When I use to fly gas RC helis, we would take off from pieces of carpet that were placed on the ground. However, if the heli got too close to the edge of the piece of carpet, the edge of the carpet would sometimes curl up and strike the main rotor due to the rotor wash created from the main rotor. Not good as that in turn would create all sorts of havoc with the heli and would also lead to tail boom strikes because of the out of balance of the main rotor after the main rotor was struck.
(Very costly.)

Reactions: BillyTexas
That should probably help.

When I use to fly gas RC helis, we would take off from pieces of carpet that were placed on the ground. However, if the heli got too close to the edge of the piece of carpet, the edge of the carpet would sometimes curl up and strike the main rotor due to the rotor wash created from the main rotor. Not good as that in turn would create all sorts of havoc with the heli and would also lead to tail boom strikes because of the out of balance of the main rotor after the main rotor was struck.
(Very costly.)

And i imagine dangerous.

Bill W.

Reactions: abinder
Our car mats big enough I know they're not in my vehicle?

You can easily launch from them and catch for landing...I always catch...most of the places I fly landing would be problematic for dust
or other things so I always catch land. I used to land and launch on an 20in. square outdoor rubber tile...then I realized it was much less problematic
to catch land and now I just use it or car rubber mat for launch. I think a car mat is easily large enough to land...one caveat is in the winter they
can get stiff...a crooked landing can run a prop (rotor)...I'm surprised you regard that as somehow difficult.

You can easily launch from them and catch for landing...I always catch...most of the places I fly landing would be problematic for dust
or other things so I always catch land. I used to land and launch on an 20in. square outdoor rubber tile...then I realized it was much less problematic
to catch land and now I just use it or car rubber mat for launch. I think a car mat is easily large enough to land...one caveat is in the winter they
can get stiff...a crooked landing can run a prop (rotor)...I'm surprised you regard that as somehow difficult.
Who me? I can land on a dime! cause mine never leaves the ground ! LOL !:)

Reactions: QuadBart
I've been feeling sorry for you and all the issues you've been having DC. I hope you can figure it all out. I enjoyed reading about your battery on the st16 because someone left a note about a good charger you should buy. I own one which is much too large to travel with but it looked like the one he recommended to you was a good product so I ordered one for my next trip to Iceland. I hope you can soon have some good trouble free flights. I've had excellent luck with service and support from Yuneec USA. I will say a wee prayer for you and your H Pro tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval