Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Pads

On concrete, I'd just use the concrete as the take off pad. :)

But if one did use this landing pad on concrete or pavement I guess they'd have to put a few stones around the edges in case of wind/prop-wash blowing it away.

Concrete is worse than grass, as far as blowing dirt/dust/ and little hard things up into your H or across the lens protector :)

Just took some new pics of the H on my helipad.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    454.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    445.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 42
I just take off from my backpack. In terms of landing, I do it in grass, or pavement. I don't land in dirt. If you must land in the desert, use a carpet mat or carpet remnants. As someone else alluded to, I don't want to pay for something that doesn't fly...I found that pretty funny actually.

Pat it is a good idea, I just finished my first prototype as well, it is so I can use it on the ground flat or a tripod and with levelers on it as well, directional indicators, very lightweight material yet rigid to withstand those people who come down fast and hard as well as diverting prop was. Needs a few adjustment that we will put on the second test one. Good luck......

I built my own pad out of left-over wood scraps from projects we had. Plywood 1x4, dowel for legs, white paint and printed cutouts for painting. The only thing I had to purchase was a can of red spray paint. It took me about 4 hours total to build. I like the way it turned out and it only weighs about 8 pounds. Doesn't fold, but fits fine in my truck box.

The Q500 4K I purchased did not come with a metal box so i also built one of those as well. I made it a little wider than the insert to have storage for extra props and guards. There is a plastic lid that closes and locks to the top to hold paperwork. It cost around $60 Canadian. Fun

SG1L4425.JPG

More gadget accessories you don't need to waste money on.
Just buy a canvas cut off or heavy sheet thats all you need.
Why in heavens name would you pay $70 for a 'landing pad' because it has a little 'H' printed on it.
If you really want an 'H' on it paint one on.

Cost $00.00

Why do we spend money on accessories? If a breeze comes up (quite likely in Southern Alberta) a canvass or sheet will blow and lift in the wind. The chance of rocks or something to hold down the tarp, slim. The landing pad cost me $5 for the red paint. The rest of left overs from projects. Time, well, retired. Says it all. It is too heavy to blow over in any breeze safe to fly in. So, Landing Pad - $5. The box is to store the quad and extra parts (extra props, prop guards, Multimeter). I only had to purchase the hardware as I had the wood, glue, nails and the varnish. To protect the quad - $60. Well worth it I feel. This is why I spent the money.... to protect while storing, carrying and launching (no dirt, gravel, twigs... in the motors)

Reactions: abinder
DC may like this if he can land on a dime
Great for take off and with the legs on makes a great setup table

View attachment 3523 View attachment 3521
Why do we spend money on accessories? If a breeze comes up (quite likely in Southern Alberta) a canvass or sheet will blow and lift in the wind. The chance of rocks or something to hold down the tarp, slim. The landing pad cost me $5 for the red paint. The rest of left overs from projects. Time, well, retired. Says it all. It is too heavy to blow over in any breeze safe to fly in. So, Landing Pad - $5. The box is to store the quad and extra parts (extra props, prop guards, Multimeter). I only had to purchase the hardware as I had the wood, glue, nails and the varnish. To protect the quad - $60. Well worth it I feel. This is why I spent the money.... to protect while storing, carrying and launching (no dirt, gravel, twigs... in the motors)
Yeah, nothing against this Mark guy but if people are going to spend $31 on that, I can have these made at twice the size and sell them at $19.95. If there's demand for it, I'll be happy to do it.

More gadget accessories you don't need to waste money on.
Just buy a canvas cut off or heavy sheet thats all you need.
Why in heavens name would you pay $70 for a 'landing pad' because it has a little 'H' printed on it.
If you really want an 'H' on it paint one on.

Cost $00.00

the H is for Hoodman not Typhoon H :)

Reactions: abinder
I put the H for helipad. It's what you usually see on a full scale pad. The arrow is to point the front of the Q500 4K. I added circular arrows around the edge of the quad showing the direction to install the props. It was a fun project.

Get a car mat from an auto store. You can also try rubber or silicone sheets from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace