Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing problem

If it's an orange/amber indicator, does it mention calibration?
If so you will also see amber light flashing on the back of the H, if this is the case just turn off the motors, 2 seconds later turn them back on, it usually resolves this issue.
Hopefully when you take off, the front of the H is facing away from you.
I did calibration twice yesterday it flashed one time. I'll have to try that next time with the turn off for 2 seconds I posted,a picture of my trouble spot

I did calibration twice yesterday it flashed one time. I'll have to try that next time with the turn off for 2 seconds I posted,a picture of my trouble spot
Yes facing away from me

No need to calibrate compass unless going hundred or so miles away.
My H does that also, who knows why? It works just fine off and then back on.

No need to calibrate compass unless going hundred or so miles away.
My H does that also, who knows why? It works just fine off and then back on.
Crap im afraid to take it 100 feet let alone 100miles lol

Nice Aerial Shot!
Looks like an ample amount of space... even the amount of evergreens & trees aren't all that heavy. Maybe that watchman Owl sitting on mid-fence is scaring the H! ;)

You had mentioned 20 feet evergreens and 30 feet to cornfield. Avg width of 2 story home 20-30 ft, places you a much longer distance & larger back yard than visualized; also not what I'd consider heavy, dense evergreen & trees. Doesn't appear trees are taller than your 2 story home.

Surrounding your yard, not very congested with trees either. Looks like your corner is on a hilltop, the highest point in the photo too. Didn't notice any antennas, transformers or power lines, any chance of any ore in ground for your area, does a compass behave normally walking around yard?

From the photo, nothing grabbing about the Ag field other than it's in sad shape with volunteer & weeds and low nitrogen.

My yard is basically closed in with a mixture of evergreens & trees without disturbance of signal in comparison.

Unless something present outside of photo, I wouldn't consider the land problematic.

When I go to land my typhon h start to do a small orbit as it starts to land not on smart mode not an orbit settling and it trys to faceplant if I don't pull bac up
If it doesn't do the little orbit thing it lands great
Let me begin by saying I have relatively little experience or empirical data to rely on. It seems that the most likely causes of the problem have been addressed but I'd like to mention that small accelerator or compass calibration errors could cause the problems you're experiencing. The problem might not appear under still conditions but in order to compensate for a slight breeze the problem could manifest itself. It's been stated in various post I've read that ensuring that the drone is level when powered on is important also. I don't recall what the effect would be if not properly powered on.

When I go to land my typhon h start to do a small orbit as it starts to land not on smart mode not an orbit settling and it trys to faceplant if I don't pull bac up
If it doesn't do the little orbit thing it lands great

Thats funny, mine did exactly the same thing one day, I thought it had gone crazy,
I shot it up into the air about 100 feet and changed it to return to home mode !!
hasn't happened since, thank God, it really give me a fright at the time, I could
imagine pieces going everywhere, and the expense of the repairs !!
But my Typhoon H has never hovered in the one place since my last accident ,
It wonders around and up and down, and yes I have done all the Calibrations !!
As my Mercedes man says, it's just a glitch in the system !!!!
But I Don't like Glitches

Thats funny, mine did exactly the same thing one day, I thought it had gone crazy,
I shot it up into the air about 100 feet and changed it to return to home mode !!
hasn't happened since, thank God, it really give me a fright at the time, I could
imagine pieces going everywhere, and the expense of the repairs !!
But my Typhoon H has never hovered in the one place since my last accident ,
It wonders around and up and down, and yes I have done all the Calibrations !!
As my Mercedes man says, it's just a glitch in the system !!!!
But I Don't like Glitches
The Mercedes man and glitches aside, when you say "has never hovered in the one place since my last accident" suggests mechanical misalignment.

The Mercedes man and glitches aside, when you say "has never hovered in the one place since my last accident" suggests mechanical misalignment.
Drift can be caused by several things. The sticks, GPS, Fight Controller, compass, accelerometer, reflected GPS signals from buildings or GPS signals blocked by trees and buildings. Finding the cause takes effort and proper troubleshooting.

Drift can be caused by several things. The sticks, GPS, Fight Controller, compass, accelerometer, reflected GPS signals from buildings or GPS signals blocked by trees and buildings. Finding the cause takes effort and proper troubleshooting.
Rather than asking for details regarding the accident or a host of questions about what he'd done or where he'd flown during the "never" period I thought that checking for mechanical damage or misalignment would be worthwhile. I inferred, perhaps incorrectly, that prior to the accident he didn't have the problem and dismissing something as a glitch seems dangerous.

Rather than asking for details regarding the accident or a host of questions about what he'd done or where he'd flown during the "never" period I thought that checking for mechanical damage or misalignment would be worthwhile. I inferred, perhaps incorrectly, that prior to the accident he didn't have the problem and dismissing something as a glitch seems dangerous.
So how can I check the GPS and flight control

Hover it at 15’ off the ground in Angle mode with your hands off the sticks. If drift is around a foot or so in any direction it’s working fine. If it enters a consistent and expanding horizontal orbit it has issues.

So how can I check the GPS and flight control
It would be better to direct those questions to Steve Carr. He has far more experience with the H than I do. I had read over the thread and didn't see any mention of checking for mechanical damage after the crash so suggested doing so. To clarify I was thinking of something like a deformed or cracked prop or a tweaked arm or motor mount. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here and providing as much information as you can is likely to yield the best results.

Obvious mechanical defects are one thing. We see them and fix them, however, I’ve seen many aircraft that had crashed where visible physical damage was repaired only to have the aircraft crash again after repairs were made. There have actually been quite a few aircraft that were crashed repeatedly.

The reason for that is broken electrical parts, where the crash damage was internal and unseen, remained in the visible damage repaired aircraft for subsequent flights. It’s not just what we can see that can cause a crash or erratic flight control.

That’s why I suggested getting the aircraft up and away from the ground to perform hover and other control system checks. Removing hands from the controls during hover eliminates user influences. Being up and away from the ground eliminates disturbed air effects induced by propeller thrust that causes the aircraft to drift a little when close to the ground.

The OP states he’s new to this stuff, and the “problem” occurs close to the ground. Both of those suggest to me the “problem” might be one associated more with understanding how things work and lack of stick experience. There has yet been nothing in the thread to suggest an actual problem, and no video of the activity to illustrate the severity of drift.

Last edited:
Obvious mechanical defects are one thing. We see them and fix them, however, I’ve seen many aircraft that had crashed where visible physical damage was repaired only to have the aircraft crash again after repairs were made. There have actually been quite a few aircraft that were crashed repeatedly.

The reason for that is broken electrical parts, where the crash damage was internal and unseen, remained in the visible damage repaired aircraft for subsequent flights. It’s not just what we can see that can cause a crash or erratic flight control.

That’s why I suggested getting the aircraft up and away from the ground to perform hover and other control system checks. Removing hands from the controls during hover eliminates user influences. Being up and away from the ground eliminates disturbed air effects induced by propeller thrust that causes the aircraft to drift a little when close to the ground.

The OP states he’s new to this stuff, and the “problem” occurs close to the ground. Both of those suggest to me the “problem” might be one associated more with understanding how things work and lack of stick experience. There has yet been nothing in the thread to suggest an actual problem, and no video of the activity to illustrate the severity of drift.
The drome was never crashed.. I was just tryin to see if anybody else was having the same issue.. I took to a different location today and had a great time with no problems so it has to be something in my location

Reactions: AH-1G
The drome was never crashed.. I was just tryin to see if anybody else was having the same issue.. I took to a different location today and had a great time with no problems so it has to be something in my location
Good results then, location can make a big difference, one area to tick off visiting again, goodluck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy