Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest info from Yuneec regarding repairs

Reaction score
Moderator note: This is the reply sent to Chuckmc in response to his inquiry regarding a warranty repair:

"Your drone is indeed being shipped to a new repair facility. As part of our continued support for our customers, Yuneec has expanded its Repair Partner program to relieve repair delays experienced now and in the future. We are committed to resolving your repair delay as quickly as possible, and to do so, we have rerouted your repair to one of our new Repair Partner facilities. You will receive an email updating you once your repair has been completed at its new location, and you will receive a shipping update with UPS tracking information when it is on its way back to you. If your claim is fulfilled with a replacement instead of a repair, you will be notified once the replacement has shipped from our added warehousing facility.
We recognize that unexpected delays affect the way you can use your drone and Yuneec wants to ensure that your coverage is not affected by this. Therefore, we will be extending your warranty coverage past its original end date by 90 days to account for the time your drone has spent in repair. If you have experienced delays more significant than this with your current repair, please reach out directly and we will adjust your warranty end date accordingly.
Additionally, we are extending a 15% discount toward any purchase of a new consumer drone if purchased directly through Yuneec. Simply contact our Sales department at the number below, referencing your repair case number and this email to take advantage of this offer. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you,

Customer Service | Yuneec USA"

Last edited by a moderator:
Your drone is indeed being shipped to a new repair facility. As part of our continued support for our customers, Yuneec has expanded its Repair Partner program to relieve repair delays experienced now and in the future. We are committed to resolving your repair delay as quickly as possible, and to do so, we have rerouted your repair to one of our new Repair Partner facilities. You will receive an email updating you once your repair has been completed at its new location, and you will receive a shipping update with UPS tracking information when it is on its way back to you. If your claim is fulfilled with a replacement instead of a repair, you will be notified once the replacement has shipped from our added warehousing facility.
We recognize that unexpected delays affect the way you can use your drone and Yuneec wants to ensure that your coverage is not affected by this. Therefore, we will be extending your warranty coverage past its original end date by 90 days to account for the time your drone has spent in repair. If you have experienced delays more significant than this with your current repair, please reach out directly and we will adjust your warranty end date accordingly.
Additionally, we are extending a 15% discount toward any purchase of a new consumer drone if purchased directly through Yuneec. Simply contact our Sales department at the number below, referencing your repair case number and this email to take advantage of this offer. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you,

Customer Service | Yuneec USA
Don't see many buying into that, could be buying into a whole load more trouble if the new one needs repairing, 15% off repairs or free labour or just parts free, would be better.

Reactions: FLDirector19
EDIT: Wording of the first paragraph is changed after learning post #1 was Yuneec CS’s response to Chuckmc’s query to them.

Thanks for posting this to the forum @Chuckmc. Hopefully Yuneec realizes the damage has already been done and many would be very reluctant to take them up on buying a new aircraft.

Customers in North America can only hope Yuneec will truly get its Customer Support turned around where warranty work is done in a few weeks instead of months and the Service Centers are actually Yuneec owned or the third party is paid in a timely manner so they are not left high and dry like United Radio and KAV Service were.

The other thing needed is a reliable supply chain for the parts and consumables for our present aircraft. I should not have to ground my aircraft because I can’t get batteries, replacement motors, gimbal dampeners, control sticks, etc.

I like the Yuneec hex series of aircraft and feel Yuneec could truly be a dominate player if they would return to a stellar Customer Support, produce complete and accurate User Manuals, and open the software to third party support via SDK.

I am watching for a positive change in Yuneec’s business practices in North America. I am truly hoping it happens in the next few months. I want to be able to hold my head up with pride when asked what brand of sUAS I fly, not hanging in shame when I answer, Yuneec.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this to the forum, but the damage has already been done and many would be very reluctant to take you up on buying a new aircraft.

Customers in North America can only hope Yuneec will truly get its Customer Support turned around where warranty work is done in a few weeks instead of months and the Service Centers are actually Yuneec owned or the third party is paid in a timely manner so they are not left high and dry like United Radio and KAV Service were.

The other thing needed is a reliable supply chain for the parts and consumables for our present aircraft. I should not have to ground my aircraft because I can’t get batteries, replacement motors, gimbal dampeners, control sticks, etc.

I like the Yuneec hex series of aircraft and feel Yuneec could truly be a dominate player if they would return to a stellar Customer Support, produce complete and accurate User Manuals, and open the software to third party support via SDK.

I am watching for a positive change in Yuneec’s business practices in North America. I am truly hoping it happens in the next few months. I want to be able to hold my head up with pride when asked what brand of sUAS I fly, not hanging in shame when I answer, Yuneec.
I don't think anyone should hang there head in shame, doesn't matter what brand you fly, with the general public you are received with the same contempt.

If people were concerned about their property at KAV the transfer didn’t help much. Now they don’t have any idea of where their property is at all. “Repair Partner” provides neither a name nor location, and sign off on the info note doesn’t even provide a contact person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckmc
If people were concerned about their property at KAV the transfer didn’t help much. Now they don’t have any idea of where their property is at all. “Repair Partner” provides neither a name nor location, and sign off on the info note doesn’t even provide a contact person.
Yes,that irritated me also,mine has been in repair limbo for only 1month. Now. After reading some of these posts, my waiting time pales compared to others,with much more money invested into their drones that myself..I got the message a few days ago from KAV, that I should contact Yuneec regarding my warranty repair.,so I did,and I posted Yuneecs response to my question, " Has my drone been moved?".

Thanks for that post @Chuckmc. I thought it strange that someone from Yuneec CS would have made that post. The way it came across was that you were with YCS. Maybe someone from there will read the responses, but probably not.

Reactions: AJan
Thanks for that post @Chuckmc. I thought it strange that someone from Yuneec CS would have made that post. The way it came across was that you were with YCS. Maybe someone from there will read the responses, but probably not.
My bad at not communicating more effectively

My bad at not communicating more effectively
No problem, once you posted the second time it made it apparent that you posted their response to your query. :)

I'm wondering where my Yuneec is and if it will ever come back to me as well. I got that same email from Kav Service back on Monday of this week and talked to YCS on Tuesday and they said my drone was being shipped to one of two repair facilities, one being in NY. State the other being in Ca. State and I would be receiving a email from them when the repair facility gets it. Haven't gotten a email yet?

I'm wondering where my Yuneec is and if it will ever come back to me as well. I got that same email from Kav Service back on Monday of this week and talked to YCS on Tuesday and they said my drone was being shipped to one of two repair facilities, one being in NY. State the other being in Ca. State and I would be receiving a email from them when the repair facility gets it. Haven't gotten a email yet?
I emailed them,and my original post of this thread was my response.like you, I'm waiting.I don't even know if after 1 month in KAV possession,if it's even been looked at,or diagnosed,or if I will be assigned blame or repair costs.

I emailed them,and my original post of this thread was my response.like you, I'm waiting.I don't even know if after 1 month in KAV possession,if it's even been looked at,or diagnosed,or if I will be assigned blame or repair costs.
Mine is supposed to be a warranty exchange due to the cgo3 camera tilt not work properly from a hard landing.

Well,good luck to us all. How long have you been without?
I shipped mine to Kav Service October 15, 2019 and they recieved it October 18, 2019.

I found out that Kav Service was having problems October 17, 2019.

I received an email from KAV on Oct.17 of them receiving my drone,also. After reading other threads,I'm thinking others have been drone less for several months,but no specifics have been mentioned that I remember.

I received an email from KAV on Oct.17 of them receiving my drone,also. After reading other threads,I'm thinking others have been drone less for several months,but no specifics have been mentioned that I remember.
Did you see any of the treads or videos a gentleman by the name of Jeff Sabelious? He's been reporting all the problems with Kav Service and Yuneec this past month.

I edited your original post to make it clear the message was from Yuneec.

I would guess they will not spend much time in an attempt to find fault with the pilot. They will likely just fix and return. They will need to run diagnostics to verify the problem reported.

I edited your original post to make it clear the message was from Yuneec.

I would guess they will not spend much time in an attempt to find fault with the pilot. They will likely just fix and return. They will need to run diagnostics to verify the problem reported.
I don't mind if they return mine cause I replaced 2 motors and all 4 escs on mine back in August.

I would have fixed the camera on it too if Yuneec would have told me what I need to do with it.

I repair all my Rc devices my self cause I was as a repair tech in 2 different hobby shops in Corpus Christi Texas over the course of 4 years.

Steve,

Wherever they can fault the pilot they can avoid picking up the tab for warranty work, so my guess is exactly opposite yours.

The guy that posted about no camera tilt after a “hard landing” pretty much stated he crashed and broke the camera. They could get out of that one if they wanted to and put the cost of repair on the owner.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Did you see any of the treads or videos a gentleman by the name of Jeff Sabelious? He's been reporting all the problems with Kav Service and Yuneec this past month.
Yes,I've read the threads,and seen Jeff's videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval