Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest info from Yuneec regarding repairs

Steve,

Wherever they can fault the pilot they can avoid picking up the tab for warranty work, so my guess is exactly opposite yours.

The guy that posted about no camera tilt after a “hard landing” pretty much stated he crashed and broke the camera. They could get out of that one if they wanted to and put the cost of repair on the owner.
I'm that guy. So if they do that then I will tell them to send it back to me and I will fix it myself.

Reactions: Coloradosky
Steve,

Wherever they can fault the pilot they can avoid picking up the tab for warranty work, so my guess is exactly opposite yours.

The guy that posted about no camera tilt after a “hard landing” pretty much stated he crashed and broke the camera. They could get out of that one if they wanted to and put the cost of repair on the owner.
On the other hand, Yuneec has historically been very liberal with warranty coverage. We have seen dozens of examples on this forum which were clearly, and sometimes blatantly, pilot error. Yuneec covered the loss without comment. In many cases I suspect it is because the technician wasn't trained sufficiently in telemetry analysis.

I'm that guy. So if they do that then I will tell them to send it back to me and I will fix it myself.
Depending on what is wrong with the gimbal, it would have to go to repair facility anyway. If an axis motor or encoder has to be replaced it can only be calibrated at a repair facility with the specialized equipment.

I'm wondering where my Yuneec is and if it will ever come back to me as well. I got that same email from Kav Service back on Monday of this week and talked to YCS on Tuesday and they said my drone was being shipped to one of two repair facilities, one being in NY. State the other being in Ca. State and I would be receiving a email from them when the repair facility gets it. Haven't gotten a email yet?
Wondering if this is the CA one, it's what is posted on their US web page and shows up on Google maps:

YUNEEC AMERICAS
2275 Sampson Ave, Ste. 200
Corona, CA 92879

Only about 25 miles from me, wonder if it makes sense to drive by.

On the other hand, Yuneec has historically been very liberal with warranty coverage. We have seen dozens of examples on this forum which were clearly, and sometimes blatantly, pilot error. Yuneec covered the loss without comment. In many cases I suspect it is because the technician wasn't trained sufficiently in telemetry analysis.
Perhaps the warranty period is too long in US? Six months here, so I suspect the vast majority of repairs are paid for, and at little cost to Yuneec, and the subsequent problems.

I suspect the vast majority of repairs are paid for, and at little cost to Yuneec, and the subsequent problems.
Just the opposite. In the past Yuneec has spent millions on warranty claims. When they released the Q500 nearly 5yrs ago, the industry standard was a 30 day warranty. And in most cases those warranties were useless. The original Q500 came with a 6 month warranty which was later changed to 1 yr. They were the only drone company to offer a warranty that actually worked.

A lot has changed since that time. The industry has matured and Yuneec has changed. We all hope they can achieve some meaningful improvement in the processing, communication and turnaround time.

Just the opposite. In the past Yuneec has spent millions on warranty claims. When they released the Q500 nearly 5yrs ago, the industry standard was a 30 day warranty. And in most cases those warranties were useless. The original Q500 came with a 6 month warranty which was later changed to 1 yr. They were the only drone company to offer a warranty that actually worked.

A lot has changed since that time. The industry has matured and Yuneec has changed. We all hope they can achieve some meaningful improvement in the processing, communication and turnaround time.
Only ever dealt with copters made in China with no support or warranty, or send back to China at great expense, or throw in the bin or repair yourself. The Yuneec warranty however limited was a breath of fresh air, and a facility in UK was great, the two departments are like chalk and cheese, and UK market much smaller, I've only ever known the six month warranty and a month for the battery they told me. So I was unaware of 30 day at the beginning, increasing to a year.

If people were concerned about their property at KAV the transfer didn’t help much. Now they don’t have any idea of where their property is at all. “Repair Partner” provides neither a name nor location, and sign off on the info note doesn’t even provide a contact person.
My typhoon h was sent to a incorrect address by KAV through UPS. Now I'm fighting KAV, UPS and trying to find out the name of the person who signed for it. Also have the local sheriff involved.
Not looking good for me to get it back all I get is the runaround from KAV, UPS and Yuneec.
I truly hope NO ONE ever has to go through the same thing. Being retired, looks like my flying days are over.

Would anyone agree the the DJI support and repair facilities are superior to Yuneec? I recently sent my "H" hex to Carolina Dronz in S.C. for damage appraisal and repair after a hard landing (crash). My contact with the owners of Carolina Dronz has been very positive and I am optimistic they will be able to do repairs at reasonable costs. They did warn that they have trouble getting parts from Yuneec. If they find the scope of repair is beyond hope I might abandon Yuneec H and save toward a Mavic Air, my second choice. I have read reports that DJI is not so great with their customer service and repair. It's hard to know until one gets first -hand experience.
Airyal

I'm wondering where my Yuneec is and if it will ever come back to me as well. I got that same email from Kav Service back on Monday of this week and talked to YCS on Tuesday and they said my drone was being shipped to one of two repair facilities, one being in NY. State the other being in Ca. State and I would be receiving a email from them when the repair facility gets it. Haven't gotten a email yet?
Same here they can’t tell us because they don’t know. The 15% is not close to what I’m thinking. Buy a new aircraft? Not on your life.

Would anyone agree the the DJI support and repair facilities are superior to Yuneec?

Although I see DJI’s CS now as superior to Yuneec’s perhaps a tale of history is in order.

Used to be the Yuneec provided the level of CS all others strived to achieve. Yuneec, both directly and via Horizon Hobby, dealt with repairs in a manner almost unheard of in any industry. They wanted their customers happy and fixed a great many problems they weren’t responsible for under warranty while handling true warranty work quickly.

During the time frame DJI had a warranty in name only as they did everything possible to avoid accepting anything back for warranty repair. What they did accept for warranty was extremely conditional in qualification, with testing fees attached to the process you paid even if the defect was their fault. It was so bad that in 2013 dealers would not take product back or assist the customer with a warranty claim. All efforts had to be handled direct with China, with all the communications and time issues you could associate with it.

3DR had similar CS problems but saw the light in 2014, hiring a new CS department manager to turn things around. For a period of time from late 2014 that extended through the release of the Solo, 3DR’s CS equalled or exceeded that of Yuneec’s while DJI steadfastly avoided dealing with the customer post sale. 3DR’s high level of CS continued until 3DR moved their operations from Mexico to China. Things went downhill fast after that.

3DR’s Solo was the first consumer drone to directly threaten DJI’s growth of market share and a lot of DJI effort to generate negative publicity for 3DR failed to slow their rate of Solo sales. It was about that point in time DJI finally recognized that CS mattered, and that customers were going to other brands because of CS support levels, so DJI initiated some improvement with their CS. 3DR failing as a company relieved a lot of pressure on DJI in further CS improvement.

Then along comes Yuneec’s Typhoon H with features that seriously competed with DJI’s entry and medium level line up. That Yuneec was providing superb CS, fixing almost anything the customers broke under warranty, again put DJI under the gun to further improve their CS policies in order to remain competitive, which they have to great extent.

Unfortunately, a couple years ago something happened at Yuneec that caused them to degrade CS to the current level. So they who were once the best are now seen among the worst. The path they have chosen is a great example of the difference between learning from mistakes or vowing to repeat them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlgebraMan
I don’t know about services in the USA but here in the UK yuneec are on the whole good. The biggest problem is that Yuneec soon stop making replacement parts for models that they have stopped producing ie the H920+ which although out of production is still readily available new from Yuneec Europe. Hay guess what no spare main boards because they have stopped producing that model. So why keep selling aircraft that cannot be repaired?.

I don’t know about services in the USA but here in the UK yuneec are on the whole good. The biggest problem is that Yuneec soon stop making replacement parts for models that they have stopped producing ie the H920+ which although out of production is still readily available new from Yuneec Europe. Hay guess what no spare main boards because they have stopped producing that model. So why keep selling aircraft that cannot be repaired?.
But they have been reduced in price quite dramatically on some sites, pretty much half price, they have to get rid of them, what's the point of keeping stock? And some people may already have a 920 and want a backup, probably the same for H480 eventually, but there are still spares for that at the moment.

..........Unfortunately, a couple years ago something happened at Yuneec that caused them to degrade CS to the current level.......

Customer Service at that level is extremely expensive.......if you’re not doing well, or just barely getting by, that level of product support is simply impossible. It’s one of the easiest areas to cut, and it’s certainly a double edged sword, but if it means the difference between hemorrhaging money and just breaking even to stay alive......

But they have been reduced in price quite dramatically on some sites, pretty much half price, they have to get rid of them, what's the point of keeping stock? And some people may already have a 920 and want a backup, probably the same for H480 eventually, but there are still spares for that at the moment.

There are actually a lot of 920 parts out there but for some reason, likely fast discounted cash, Yuneec sold them off to a company in N. Los Angeles.

Well as of today December 30 I learned from Shelton at Yuneec CS that my drone is at Vertigo in New York. I live in Southern California. It has travelled more in airplanes than I have.. ETA , at least a few more weeks, said I would be contacted.

Steve Carr how is your Typhoon H doing?
It's doing well while waiting for an opportunity to spread it's wings. Sadly, I can no longer fly near near my home now. The FAA has established a restricted area 22 mi long by 10 mi wide over a small regional airport with no control tower. It has 3 commuter flights per day with a 9 passenger aircraft.

• Wow
Reactions: AH-1G
Yuneec sent me a email last Thursday saying mine was expected to ship Friday 12/27 or Monday 12/30?
I don't know if it did cause they didn't send me a email with track info.

Reactions: Chuckmc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital