Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED Constant purple with orange flash.

McG

Reaction score
Hi guys, I received my new H nearly 2 weeks ago, it's still grounded due to technicalities.

Firstly after starting up the St16, then the H, once it connects the H starts beeping like a stuttering robot, in some cases when I move the speed control from hair to tortoise it would stop, in other cases I would need to give the control sticks a flick and it will stop, this is strange to start with......

Then I struggled a bit with the compass calibration, just as I thought I had that sorted, since the led went green and it made a rising tone, I got a constant purple light with an orange flash????? I take it the purple light is because of A, Angle mode but the orange im not sure of.....

I seem to always pick up 16-17 satélites on both the H and St16.

The engines won't startup either.

What could it be, I haven't seen the same LED codes on the chart which came with it or on some of the updated charts on other threats.

I just want to stick this baby in the air!!

Any advice or pointers will be appreciated.

May need to recalibrate the st16. Sounds like one of the sticks is off a bit. There are videos on youtube on how to do it. Just remmeber to center all switches and the sliders before starting

Which way were you turning the drone during compass? Not the flipping which is immaterial for direction but how you rotated to the blinking lights? Compass is quite easy and should not be a struggle. Make sure everything is level when you boot up the H. The orange light is compass error. Try flipping slower rather than faster. I usually get the compass point registered per indicator light in no more then two deliberate, steady, level, and straight flips. I hold both hands over shoulders of arms on shell and not the arms themselves as roll axis. Finally, try compass calibration in a new spot. There may be high iron content in the soil or metal underneath your spot. I'm curious what other technicalities are grounding you? While the H does have a learning curve, it's no fun sitting on the ground. The beeping could be from a stick showing input when it's not supposed to be. Work the sticks around in clockwise and counterclockwise extremes before booting the H. Sometimes it's just dirty contacts. There is a lot of energy wasted here on those sticks where people expect perfection every time and it's an analog potentiometer that can have intermittent contact. Exercising the sticks pre flight cleans it up and is basically what calibration forces you to do. Way too much mythology here and not enough common physical sense.

Reactions: FlushVision
Not me. But i know when you connect and before motors are on if you move right stick it will beep constantly. I have heard of others having the issue and calibration fixed it

Which way were you turning the drone during compass? Not the flipping which is immaterial for direction but how you rotated to the blinking lights? Compass is quite easy and should not be a struggle. Make sure everything is level when you boot up the H. The orange light is compass error. Try flipping slower rather than faster. I usually get the compass point registered per indicator light in no more then two deliberate, steady, level, and straight flips. I hold both hands over shoulders of arms on shell and not the arms themselves as roll axis. Finally, try compass calibration in a new spot. There may be high iron content in the soil or metal underneath your spot. I'm curious what other technicalities are grounding you? While the H does have a learning curve, it's no fun sitting on the ground. The beeping could be from a stick showing input when it's not supposed to be. Work the sticks around in clockwise and counterclockwise extremes before booting the H. Sometimes it's just dirty contacts. There is a lot of energy wasted here on those sticks where people expect perfection every time and it's an analog potentiometer that can have intermittent contact. Exercising the sticks pre flight cleans it up and is basically what calibration forces you to do. Way too much mythology here and not enough common physical sense.

Thank you CraigCam. I was at an athletics field when doing the calibration. I was flipping the LED up and away from me and quite slow and also no more than twice before needing to do the next.

Could it be that my ring which is white gold and a silver necklace will affect the cali ratio?

I will give it a try at a new spot tomorrow after work....

You were turning it counterclockwise for the points correct?

You were turning it counterclockwise for the points correct?

Yep! Just like they show on all the YouTube calibration videos.it could only be because of the spot I guess, I will go down to the beach and give it a shot there.

It did go green and did make the rising tone after the last calibration though, that's what made me think that I have managed as with all three the other attempts I just got a failed tone, no rising tone.

Will let you know how it goes, thanks for the advice!

Yep! Just like they show on all the YouTube calibration videos.it could only be because of the spot I guess, I will go down to the beach and give it a shot there.

It did go green and did make the rising tone after the last calibration though, that's what made me think that I have managed as with all three the other attempts I just got a failed tone, no rising tone.

Will let you know how it goes, thanks for the advice!

If you are still getting the chirping noise like when you move the right hand stick, here is another thing to check. Go into System Settings and then tap on "Hardware Monitor". You should get a screen showing all the controls and their current positions. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like. Plus a 2nd screenshot of when there is a problem.

Screenshot_2017-04-23-11-20-56.png

Screenshot_2016-10-31-22-00-17.png

Note the J1 & J3 & J4 show they are not in neutral in this picture. If this is what you are seeing, then you will need to go into another calibration screen and re-calibrate all switches & levers.
Let me know so we can lead you in the right direction. The calibration window is a hidden window in the ST16 controller.

If you are still getting the chirping noise like when you move the right hand stick, here is another thing to check. Go into System Settings and then tap on "Hardware Monitor". You should get a screen showing all the controls and their current positions. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like. Plus a 2nd screenshot of when there is a problem.

View attachment 5826

View attachment 5825

Note the J1 & J3 & J4 show they are not in neutral in this picture. If this is what you are seeing, then you will need to go into another calibration screen and re-calibrate all switches & levers.
Let me know so we can lead you in the right direction. The calibration window is a hidden window in the ST16 controller.

Thank you very much for this, it is much appreciated, will keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow!!

Thank you very much for this, it is much appreciated, will keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow!!

You are quite welcome. By the way, just where are you located? I'm just a short way from Seattle, but don't find many from this area on the Forums.

Hi guys, I received my new H nearly 2 weeks ago, it's still grounded due to technicalities.

Firstly after starting up the St16, then the H, once it connects the H starts beeping like a stuttering robot, in some cases when I move the speed control from hair to tortoise it would stop, in other cases I would need to give the control sticks a flick and it will stop, this is strange to start with......

Then I struggled a bit with the compass calibration, just as I thought I had that sorted, since the led went green and it made a rising tone, I got a constant purple light with an orange flash????? I take it the purple light is because of A, Angle mode but the orange im not sure of.....

I seem to always pick up 16-17 satélites on both the H and St16.

The engines won't startup either.

What could it be, I haven't seen the same LED codes on the chart which came with it or on some of the updated charts on other threats.

I just want to stick this baby in the air!!

Any advice or pointers will be appreciated.
One of my sticks 50% of the time causes the beeping till I flick the stick. I have calibrated but make no difference. Some sort of un-correctable error I have come to live with.

You are quite welcome. By the way, just where are you located? I'm just a short way from Seattle, but don't find many from this area on the Forums.

I am based in Mozambique, also managed to make contact with a distributor in South Africa, close to my hometown, he has also been super helpful and willing to take a look at the machine for me if it goes that far.

I'm going to try the new location and if it still doesn't work, reboot the H and load the latest firmware from last month and same for the St16.

All of this is still a bit Greek to me as this is my first drone, but I'm sure I will get it sorted, I am hoping I can get in the air before the weekend, want to take it with on a fishing trip.

One of my sticks 50% of the time causes the beeping till I flick the stick. I have calibrated but make no difference. Some sort of un-correctable error I have come to live with.

I think from time to time while setting up I move the speed control slightly and then it starts, the last to times, I checked before the time and didn't get those beeps.

I found a post where they were dubbed the " BEEPS OF DEATH "

That's BS. No such thing. If you never got the happy rising tone before then you did not calibrate the compass which is why you got blinking purple (looking for GPS) and orange flashes. Now that you've gotten a successful calibration, it should now find GPS, go to solid purple, add a blinking white if you've got enough satellites for follow/watch me (enough signals between ST and TH to establish Geo fence for smart mode) and return to home location.
This is a very sophisticated but quirky drone to start with. I highly recommend you buy any small quadcopter from Blade, Hubsan, Ominus, or any reliable manufacturer and fly and crash and repair it a bunch. Developing stick acumen and muscle memory is not something I'd recommend learning on something this expensive. Learning orientation and how to react in a problem (you will learn going up is always the safest bet when you loose orientation so you can reestablish heading and fly to safety for example) and battery cycle behaviors relative to Low Voltage Cut Off etc... Props and batteries are way cheaper and many offer small camera set ups to start learning what things look like from the air. I started on a Blade 350 which was an entry level camera drone that wanted to be a DJI Phantom 1 but was not at all. Because I did not start with a very "smart" platform, I had to learn to pilot and focus on that one and only status light for flight mode, GPS lock, and LVC. With every successful flight (any that does not end in a crash when you are learning) you gain confidence and will try going higher or faster to turn more etc...
I still everyday grab something and fly indoors or out, depending on wind and weather, some kind of drone (I've got way too many now which is inevitable once you get hooked) that I fly in clockwise and counterclockwise circles. You really want to be where you move the sticks without really thinking about what they are doing. If you can find someone here to fly with who has more experience on the TH that could be helpful also.

Reactions: PatR
That's BS. No such thing. If you never got the happy rising tone before then you did not calibrate the compass which is why you got blinking purple (looking for GPS) and orange flashes. Now that you've gotten a successful calibration, it should now find GPS, go to solid purple, add a blinking white if you've got enough satellites for follow/watch me (enough signals between ST and TH to establish Geo fence for smart mode) and return to home location.
This is a very sophisticated but quirky drone to start with. I highly recommend you buy any small quadcopter from Blade, Hubsan, Ominus, or any reliable manufacturer and fly and crash and repair it a bunch. Developing stick acumen and muscle memory is not something I'd recommend learning on something this expensive. Learning orientation and how to react in a problem (you will learn going up is always the safest bet when you loose orientation so you can reestablish heading and fly to safety for example) and battery cycle behaviors relative to Low Voltage Cut Off etc... Props and batteries are way cheaper and many offer small camera set ups to start learning what things look like from the air. I started on a Blade 350 which was an entry level camera drone that wanted to be a DJI Phantom 1 but was not at all. Because I did not start with a very "smart" platform, I had to learn to pilot and focus on that one and only status light for flight mode, GPS lock, and LVC. With every successful flight (any that does not end in a crash when you are learning) you gain confidence and will try going higher or faster to turn more etc...
I still everyday grab something and fly indoors or out, depending on wind and weather, some kind of drone (I've got way too many now which is inevitable once you get hooked) that I fly in clockwise and counterclockwise circles. You really want to be where you move the sticks without really thinking about what they are doing. If you can find someone here to fly with who has more experience on the TH that could be helpful also.

Craig,

Just curious... what thread entry are you calling "BS"? I am interested because you make some valid points, plus... I want to clearly understand what statement you are calling "BS". I can't assume I know!

Thanks!

Jeff

Craig,

Just curious... what thread entry are you calling "BS"? I am interested because you make some valid points, plus... I want to clearly understand what statement you are calling "BS". I can't assume I know!

Thanks!

Jeff

I'm calling BS on beeps of death. There is no such thing. You can be bricked out but it's not dead. Drone death is silence. If there is any kind of beep then there is always hope and not despair. The first instinct after any crash of any RC product is to see if it still initializes. That can be a bad plan sometimes as crashes cause internal shorts and then switching on finally fries the bad component. ESC can short out when a motor suddenly stops or reverses in a crash. Motherboards can loose their ability to use the power switch (350 was notorious for this problem) but still function, motors develop dead points where it works but is spinning roughly and throwing all the others out and sucking power, and a whole host of problems that you learn the hard way.

My point is the TH has lots of features that help you escape these problems like it's impossible to accidentally power up with reverse voltage due to the battery design, or how the landing gear switch can be in the up position at take off and it's ignored till you reset. I'm tired of mistaken mythology spread by pilots who are ignorant of the operating system and immediately go to some grand problem rather than what they are doing. I'm not saying that's you but seriously beeps of death does not exist and the threads were folks go straight to blaming the H are generally from less experienced owners. Please don't take it personally and happy flying!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval