Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED Status Indications Before/During Flight

Reaction score
I'm new to this site, and want to say to everyone contributing information - THANK YOU! I love my 'H', but feel a bit shorted at this time by Yuneec's considerable lack of supporting information, like a systems/flight manual which seems to be a given. Anyway, your replies and the video links have been very helpful.

I have not been able to acquire the LED Status Indications as published on the indicator info card that was shipped with my unit. I must assume this means my 'H' has not successfully completed certain task functions, or the published LED indications have changed and there are new combinations of color coded light flashes.

Conditions:
- I checked all firmware updates and it appears my unit shipped with the latest loaded for both the ST16 and 'T-H'.
- I read the 'Do - Do Not do' thread on Compass Calibration, and based on previous experience with other systems, decided to do the calibration. I have not had success after multiple attempts - get solid white light for failure to calibrate. I've watched the videos, and read others posts. Any tips welcomed, please.

Startup:
- I make sure I have started ST16 first, full initialization. Then place T-H at least 26 feet away and turn on, and wait for connection. Clear of cell phones, buildings, metal etc.
-- SAT: 19 - 20; GPS: Ready - green
-- After connect, T-H blinks slow Green - Blue/white
-- Attempt at compass calibration: loses GPS and goes to GPS: Acquiring mode (waited 10 minutes, I know some older GPS systems could take even longer to acquire SATs.
--- Smart mode: Green - Blue/White slow blink
--- Angle mode: Green - Purple slowly (Enter Task function?)
- Takeoff - manual: I get the slow blinking green and white/blue light. T-H flies well, but something must not be right. I never get the solid green light, or purple light

Flight mode:
-- I cautiously flew first few flights no more than 3-5 feet but it hovers well and responds to commands in both Smart and Angle modes. Camera Tilt & Pan functions work as advertised.
*** I don't think I'm color blind, but the White vs. Blue lights, I'm not sure about. Is White light really a bluish-white color?

Anyone else have a similar experience and any suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Probe (My call-sign: retired USAF pilot)

* My nightmare: When I'm 80 plus some young kid comes up to me and says, 'You mean you used to go up in the air and fly the aircraft'? I now know what the Cavalry officer felt like when he was told they had this new thing called a 'TANK'.

Last edited:
I too, was puzzled by the provided LED Status card that came with my 'H'. I was led to the owner's manual v 1.1 and downloaded it. There it had a notice about the Green/Purple & White flashing LED's. When it flashes Green & White, it means you are in Smart Mode and have enough satellites for the 'Follow Me' function. Purple & White mean the same for the Angle Mode.

I think DroneClone referred to the 1.1 manual but you'll have to search for his message where you can download that manual. It's 29 pages long, but worth printing for sure.

I really can't tell what the Blue LED is about since I've not flown in Smart Mode so far. I guess I'll have to go out and fire it up using Smart Mode and see if the Blue light comes on or not.

Your comment about an 80 year old was funny. I'm already at 81 and looking for a neighbor kid to enlighten me, too! :)

I see you are online at this moment. I'm in the Seattle area and looking for other Typhoon H owners nearby. Where do you live?

Enjoy your 'H' as it is really a great machine. It's also very challenging with so much stuff to learn in comparison to my DJI Phantom 1.

Mojoe35

The Red LED on my first H was not working. So instead of seeing the purple, all I saw was blue (Red + Blue = Purple). The new manual is on the support page of the Typhoon H at the Yunnec web site MANUALS Typhoon H it is Version 1.1. Mojoe 35 is correct regarding the white flashing light in smart and angle modes.

Did you face the H "North" while doing your compass calibration? If not, give that a try and see if your colors change. My purple/white blink in Angle Mode looks a little blue when it is angled a little in bright sunlight. Check your in shade and see if it is in fact purple.

I too, was puzzled by the provided LED Status card that came with my 'H'. I was led to the owner's manual v 1.1 and downloaded it. There it had a notice about the Green/Purple & White flashing LED's. When it flashes Green & White, it means you are in Smart Mode and have enough satellites for the 'Follow Me' function. Purple & White mean the same for the Angle Mode.

I think DroneClone referred to the 1.1 manual but you'll have to search for his message where you can download that manual. It's 29 pages long, but worth printing for sure.

I really can't tell what the Blue LED is about since I've not flown in Smart Mode so far. I guess I'll have to go out and fire it up using Smart Mode and see if the Blue light comes on or not.

Your comment about an 80 year old was funny. I'm already at 81 and looking for a neighbor kid to enlighten me, too! :)

I see you are online at this moment. I'm in the Seattle area and looking for other Typhoon H owners nearby. Where do you live?

Enjoy your 'H' as it is really a great machine. It's also very challenging with so much stuff to learn in comparison to my DJI Phantom 1.

Mojoe35

Good evening Mojoe35,

Thank you very much for your reply and it was definitely helpful. I had checked for the Ops Manual earlier this week and it had been taken down. Lesson learned - keep checking. I left my computer on earlier so it appeared that I was on line - sorry. I'm visiting my folks in Sarasota, FL. My dad is in a nursing facility here so I took him out with me to a local site to see the T-H fly, then to see a movie (Independence Day - Good, but the original was better). Glad you liked my attempt at humor, It appears you have kept young at heart, mind and spirit as well as physically. Great to hear you are staying abreast of the new technologies, even though 'drones' have been around since WWI. My first USAF boss was a 'guest' of the North Vietnamese for over six years because he was shot down flying a recce mission over Hanoi. Thank God we would never have to put one of our men/women in that threat environment again when we can send in Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA).

I currently live in Fayetteville, NC. I retired out of Pope AFB/Fort Bragg (82 ABD) where I served my last tour as an Air Liaison Officer (Close Air Support). My wife and I are planning to come to Seattle this fall to visit with some friends that were stationed with us in Fayetteville. When I know when, I'll drop you a line and maybe we can meet up to do some 'flying' together in your area. I know I will enjoy this type of aerial photography much more than the pics and videos we did over Afghanistan. Glad to see military technology coming to the public for something positive, useful, educational and fun. Cheers!

Probe

The Red LED on my first H was not working. So instead of seeing the purple, all I saw was blue (Red + Blue = Purple). The new manual is on the support page of the Typhoon H at the Yunnec web site MANUALS Typhoon H it is Version 1.1. Mojoe 35 is correct regarding the white flashing light in smart and angle modes.

Thank you very much for you taking the time to reply. I did find the newly posted Ops manual and downloaded it. I was thinking I was supposed to have a solid green light to fly, but I now know that is not the case. I look forward to sharing lessons learned with the group. take care, and God bless!

Cheers,

Probe

Reactions: BFD400
Did you face the H "North" while doing your compass calibration? If not, give that a try and see if your colors change. My purple/white blink in Angle Mode looks a little blue when it is angled a little in bright sunlight. Check your in shade and see if it is in fact purple.

DroneClone,

Thank you very much for your reply. I see from other posts that you are one of the 'seasoned pilots' amongst this group. The kind of guy I used to seek out when I was a young Lieutenant/Captain in a squadron. Please keep sharing your experience and knowledge with us greenhorns. I never saw a reason to 'reinvent the wheel' when you can learn and benefit from someone else's experiences.

I tried facing North today for the first time (it may have been one of your posts I read that suggested that), but it didn't take. I will try it again tomorrow and be more accurate facing magnetic north. I'll also check the indicator lights in the shade to see if that helps. Thanks again and safe flying!

Cheers,

Probe

Reactions: DroneClone
DroneClone,

Thank you very much for your reply. I see from other posts that you are one of the 'seasoned pilots' amongst this group. The kind of guy I used to seek out when I was a young Lieutenant/Captain in a squadron. Please keep sharing your experience and knowledge with us greenhorns. I never saw a reason to 'reinvent the wheel' when you can learn and benefit from someone else's experiences.

I tried facing North today for the first time (it may have been one of your posts I read that suggested that), but it didn't take. I will try it again tomorrow and be more accurate facing magnetic north. I'll also check the indicator lights in the shade to see if that helps. Thanks again and safe flying!

Cheers,

Probe
You are very welcomed my friend, as I am continually learning new things each day also!;)

I just want to say thank you for your service!

Edit: I also want to point you to this post I started that has other links. Maybe of help.
Paladin's guide of guides.

Good evening Paladin,

Thanks for your reply, link and your expressed gratitude for my service. Let it me say, it was my honor to have served in the greatest military force for this great nation and its citizens. My Grandfather served, both my father and mother served (US Army), and now my son carries on the tradition and is serving in the Army. I was the deviant - GO AIR FORCE!

I look forward to checking out your guide and learning more from you and the others as time goes on.

Cheers,

Probe

I'm new to this site, and want to say to everyone contributing information - THANK YOU! I love my 'H', but feel a bit shorted at this time by Yuneec's considerable lack of supporting information, like a systems/flight manual which seems to be a given. Anyway, your replies and the video links have been very helpful.

I have not been able to acquire the LED Status Indications as published on the indicator info card that was shipped with my unit. I must assume this means my 'H' has not successfully completed certain task functions, or the published LED indications have changed and there are new combinations of color coded light flashes.

Conditions:
- I checked all firmware updates and it appears my unit shipped with the latest loaded for both the ST16 and 'T-H'.
- I read the 'Do - Do Not do' thread on Compass Calibration, and based on previous experience with other systems, decided to do the calibration. I have not had success after multiple attempts - get solid white light for failure to calibrate. I've watched the videos, and read others posts. Any tips welcomed, please.

Startup:
- I make sure I have started ST16 first, full initialization. Then place T-H at least 26 feet away and turn on, and wait for connection. Clear of cell phones, buildings, metal etc.
-- SAT: 19 - 20; GPS: Ready - green
-- After connect, T-H blinks slow Green - Blue/white
-- Attempt at compass calibration: loses GPS and goes to GPS: Acquiring mode (waited 10 minutes, I know some older GPS systems could take even longer to acquire SATs.
--- Smart mode: Green - Blue/White slow blink
--- Angle mode: Green - Purple slowly (Enter Task function?)
- Takeoff - manual: I get the slow blinking green and white/blue light. T-H flies well, but something must not be right. I never get the solid green light, or purple light

Flight mode:
-- I cautiously flew first few flights no more than 3-5 feet but it hovers well and responds to commands in both Smart and Angle modes. Camera Tilt & Pan functions work as advertised.
*** I don't think I'm color blind, but the White vs. Blue lights, I'm not sure about. Is White light really a bluish-white color?

Anyone else have a similar experience and any suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Probe (My call-sign: retired USAF pilot)

* My nightmare: When I'm 80 plus some young kid comes up to me and says, 'You mean you used to go up in the air and fly the aircraft'? I now know what the Cavalry officer felt like when he was told they had this new thing called a 'TANK'.
So you saying green and blunking purple...angle mode

So you saying green and blunking purple...angle mode
On the Typhoon H( Is this what you have) Green/white or solid green means "Smart Mode" good to fly! In "Angle Mode" ( what I normally fly in) you want Purple/White or Solid Purple to fly! I have not seen a Green/Purple blinking to my knowledge? I know sometimes the flash of the white looks a pale bluish/purple in some lighted conditions, could this be what you are experiencing?

Guys thank you so much for the LED info. I am in Plymouth uk and rarely get a dry day to fly. Been through **** trying to get this thing working.It flew for the first time today despite being 2 months old! Update destroyed it. I have been messing around and just running it on the deck because of the unusual white/green and white/blue codes.
So, batts are charging and shortly (weather permitting) my dunlops will be stowed away and we will be soaring YAY........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval