Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lipo Storage at Full Charge?

Reaction score
How long will you leave your Lipo's at full charge? I've had mine at full charge for 2 day's maximum! I can't stand to leave them fully charged any longer for fear of damaging them. I then discharge them into "Storage Voltage" (3.8 V per cell). Can I leave them at full charge for a longer period without any damage to them? I charge them to go out flying,and then bad weather moves in,so I leave them at full charge for 2 days,then I get nervous,and discharge them. LOL!

10 days is the max consensus by lipo manufactures and many UAS manufacturers also, I go 5-8 days with no issues!

Reactions: Rayray
Thanks,Guy's!:) I won't have to discharge them as often now! I have also noticed that both battery's (since new) have always had one cell that reads 4.19 while the other two cells read 4.20?

Last edited:
Thanks,Guy's!:) I won't have to discharge them as often now! I have also noticed that both battery's (since new) have always had one cell that reads 4.19 while the other two cells read 4.20?
Not a issue, you will rarely get them all to match perfectly!

Reactions: abinder
Most of my battery cells are within .02 V of each cell. I do put all batteries down to storage 3.80v per cell if not using them and balance charge them back up on my Hitec X4AC Plus when ready to fly.
I cycle each battery for flights and each battery has had 9 flights so far.
Quad is brought in at 10.7 - 10.8 volt warning during the flight which settles to about 11.4-11.6 at idle. These are the OEM Yuneec batteries bought a year ago.
Just on a whim I decided to measure the internal resistance of my 4 batteries.
Got the following readings:
- 4 4 6
- 4 3 6
- 4 4 6
- 4 5 6
Found it odd that in all 3 batteries, that third cell had the highest resistance. Yet all cells are balanced.
What are your batteries like? Any explanation why that third cell in all 4 batteries is higher?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop