Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Little Tip to Stop a Big Problem

Reaction score
Just a tip to you all, When putting your ST16 into your foam insert, MAKE SURE you slide it in it's spot facing down! Antennas and all go downward, not up like you would think , to not put weight onto them! There are circular and square cut outs for all the switches and antenna's and the top goes over it!. Mine came shipped with it facing upwards, and the foam top half covering it pressed onto the mushroom antenna and snapped it off, not on the thread on sdc connector(luckily) !, but on the swivel connector of the female sdc screw on !
Just a fair warning to save you heart ache my friends!:(

Just a tip to you all, When putting your ST16 into your foam insert, MAKE SURE you slide it in it's spot facing down! Antennas and all go downward, not up like you would think , to not put weight onto them! There are circular and square cut outs for all the switches and antenna's and the top goes over it!. Mine came shipped with it facing upwards, and the foam top half covering it pressed onto the mushroom antenna and snapped it off, not on the thread on sdc connector(luckily) !, but on the swivel connector of the female sdc screw on !

Thanks for the info. Will watch for that whenever mine shows up:(

Thanks for the heads up.

DC, where are you going to store your DBS antenna? Is there somewhere in the insert to put it?
Plenty room in insert, may cut some foam with 3D printer and buy a small aluminum case just for transmitter so I don't have to keep screwing it on and off!

Thanks for the tip DC.

Yea like the other mentioned thanks for the heads up will have to keep an eye out for that.

I think when Yuneec did the testing they realized that some people would put the ST16 in the foam insert the wrong way. I noticed on my foam insert there is a bright red sticker that shows the proper orientation of the ST16.

Another tip is that if you attempt to put the TYPHOON H into the foam insert with the camera facing to the rear, and gimbal lock in place, it won't go into the foam insert smoothly. The camera must be facing to the front.

I think when Yuneec did the testing they realized that some people would put the ST16 in the foam insert the wrong way. I noticed on my foam insert there is a bright red sticker that shows the proper orientation of the ST16.

Another tip is that if you attempt to put the TYPHOON H into the foam insert with the camera facing to the rear, and gimbal lock in place, it won't go into the foam insert smoothly. The camera must be facing to the front.
Orientation yes, but not upside or downside, as even the Yuneec packer didn't know and shipped mine upside down, I even didn't notice at first, because instinct would be to put it right side up to not lay it on the switches and buttons.

Orientation yes, but not upside or downside, as even the Yuneec packer didn't know and shipped mine upside down, I even didn't notice at first, because instinct would be to put it right side up to not lay it on the switches and buttons.
I would have thought that a machine was packing these things, but I guess not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval