Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lock Angle Mode Switch?

Reaction score
Anyone find a way to lock the flight mode switch? I find that I'm always hitting the switch when raising or lowering the landing gear! The bird will start acting weird, then I realize I've bumped the switch up! Gotta be a way to prevent this. Calling all engineers!

Working on something with my 3D printer but there are switches one can buy where you have to pull the lever up before you can move it. I have not found the on that will work for the st16 but I will keep on looking.
something like this but in on-on-on configuration

Last edited:
Working on something with my 3D printer but there are switches one can buy where you have to pull the lever up before you can move it. I have not found the on that will work for the st16 but I will keep on looking.
Oh yeah, that type of switch sounds like just the ticket! I'll nose around some too.

Well for newbies like me smart mode has been very helpful. As I fly more I'm using it less and less but it has a useful purpose in my opinion.

Well for newbies like me smart mode has been very helpful. As I fly more I'm using it less and less but it has a useful purpose in my opinion.
Oh, no doubt. I just learned on the other stick mode and am used to it.

I could NOT figure out how I was flipping it........................ then finally realized I was bumping it when using the landing gear switch! It's freaky when it doesn't go where I point it, then it takes a few moments for me to realize it's happened again lol!

Reactions: DroneClone
I bet you could reprogram to use black push button switch, that is not used, for the landing gear?

I wonder if you could assign it same value in the Channel setup screen for the Smart and Angle modes. I would think you'd still want RTH available.

I wonder if you could assign it same value in the Channel setup screen for the Smart and Angle modes. I would think you'd still want RTH available.
Ooo that may work

Put a piece of foam on it til your a better pilot.. Or have a check list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval