Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking to maybe buy the "Typhoon H" currently have a P4

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots. I'm like looking for feedback about the 'Typhoon H' such as pros & cons because I'm very interested in the "Y.T.H". Can anyone answer what's the max altitude above sea level the "Typhoon H" can achieve? Also the controller looks fairly uncomfortable due to size can anyone rely on this? I use to own a Q500, it was a very great and reliable quad and as I stated I currently have a "Phantom 4" so I wish to know more information mainly because YouTube is very limited at the moment due to the Y.T.H being only recently released. So honesty will be appreciated and if you also own a P4 and a Y.T.H a better comparison would be very much helpful. :)

Jeffrey, if you're an experienced pilot, you should know the legal height is 400'. Over that, you're flying illegally.
Size of the ST16?.... It includes the 7" screen.... Compare the size & setup of the P4 with say an iPad? Seems to me you're recycling DJI arguments here.
Lots of YouTube clips (eg Simon Newton) with very favourable reviews of the Typhoon H and ST16
Good flying!

Jeffrey, if you're an experienced pilot, you should know the legal height is 400'. Over that, you're flying illegally.
Size of the ST16?.... It includes the 7" screen.... Compare the size & setup of the P4 with say an iPad? Seems to me you're recycling DJI arguments here.
Lots of YouTube clips (eg Simon Newton) with very favourable reviews of the Typhoon H and ST16
Good flying!
I'm asking for the max altitude above sea level for high Mountain elevation flying not because I'm looking forward to breaking the law sorry if I got that twisted a bit. And I've seen every video including "The kitchen table" three-part episode on the Y.T.H. I'm simply looking for more information and more knowledge on this very Beautiful looking machine by having actual pilot feedback on many accounts rather then just one or two points of views. Happy flying.

8000 is what the Q was. I verified it when I went to Mammoth and flew at 7850ft, but the bird wouldn't go higher than 150'. I thought/hoped that the H would have a higher ceiling with 2 extra props, but maybe not.

On page 7 of the manual that Yuneec had posted online (and then removed to make modifications), the following is stated:

PROPORTIONAL CONTROL RATE SLIDER
The Proportional Control Rate Slider located on the right side of the ST16 Ground
Station allows you to set the overall climb/descend and directional control rates.
Use the turtle position for the lowest control rates (best for first-time pilots and
required when flying between 5000 feet and 8000 feet Above
Mean Sea Level), and use the rabbit position for the highest
control rates (best for experienced pilots and can only be used
when flying below 5000 feet MSL). Or use a position in
between if you prefer.

I find the controller to be quite comfortable and the weight is not a problem for me. The rubberized grips on the back of each side make it easy to carry with one hand. I think the controller is an awesome think but I've just started learning to use it.

I had my mind set on a P4 when I discovered the TH and am happy with it. My photos are not very sharp but I think it's probably a problem with the filter that was included and I plan to switch that.

8000 is what the Q was. I verified it when I went to Mammoth and flew at 7850ft, but the bird wouldn't go higher than 150'. I thought/hoped that the H would have a higher ceiling with 2 extra props, but maybe not.
Hopefully the Typhoon H can go higher than that.

On page 7 of the manual that Yuneec had posted online (and then removed to make modifications), the following is stated:

The Proportional Control Rate Slider located on the right side of the ST16 Ground
Station allows you to set the overall climb/descend and directional control rates.
Use the turtle position for the lowest control rates (best for first-time pilots and
between if you prefer.

I find the controller to be quite comfortable and the weight is not a problem for me. The rubberized grips on the back of each side make it easy to carry with one hand. I think the controller is an awesome think but I've just started learning to use it.

I had my mind set on a P4 when I discovered the TH and am happy with it. My photos are not very sharp but I think it's probably a problem with the filter that was included and I plan to switch that.

between if you prefer.

Cool thanks for the feed back mate.

Ok I will chime in on this one. While there is some sort of max height AGL in the software.
There is also the physics involved when go up in altitude. The air becomes less dense and the performance of the props becomes less and less as you go up. That is why you always see regular helicopters flying at low altitudes.
Most real helicopters have trouble around mountains and such due to performance of the rotor system. I would be curious to see where the H tops out at, but I am willing to bet that just about any QUAD or HEX rotor would start to struggle above 5000 feet MSL (Above sea level) Be careful not to confuse height above the ground with height above sea level. Where I live I am at 840' Above sea level.
I can see where H pilots wanting to do pictures of skiing and snow boarding would have a concern, some of those mountains start at 5000 feet plus above sea level.
I am a licensed pilot and this is the stuff they make you learn.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
S
Hello fellow pilots. I'm like looking for feedback about the 'Typhoon H' such as pros & cons because I'm very interested in the "Y.T.H". Can anyone answer what's the max altitude above sea level the "Typhoon H" can achieve? Also the controller looks fairly uncomfortable due to size can anyone rely on this? I use to own a Q500, it was a very great and reliable quad and as I stated I currently have a "Phantom 4" so I wish to know more information mainly because YouTube is very limited at the moment due to the Y.T.H being only recently released. So honesty will be appreciated and if you also own a P4 and a Y.T.H a better comparison would be very much helpful. :)
. Read all past and present posts here on this forum and all your questions will be answered.best group of pilots hands down,I have learned more here than one can imagine.

Well I have the P3 pro and the tablet makes it top heavy so got an inspire harness and make the comfort level miles above the usual neck strap.

I would think the ST 16 miles more comfy to hold as the weight would be far more evenly balanced.

Well I have the P3 pro and the tablet makes it top heavy so got an inspire harness and make the comfort level miles above the usual neck strap.

I would think the ST 16 miles more comfy to hold as the weight would be far more evenly balanced.

I sold off my P3Pro at the beginning of April. Like you said top heavy the tablet on the cheapo plastic mount they gave. (a lot of guys got the inspire mount and harness) To me its a blessing to have it all built into one unit!.. Some folks say not having lightbridge is a minus but i for one never thought lightbridge was that great anyhow. I was running a ipad mini 4 128 and i still had choppy FPV at times no matter if i was 10 ft away or 500 feet away.

I have many horror stories of my Phantom's experience. My opinion was the "4" was put out there so they didn't have to fix the numerous problems with the 3 series ( bad usb boards,cracked shells,bad battery software,updates bricking drones and controllers, Motors stopping for no reason and falling out of the sky :see battery software updates:) this just to name a few.

My hope is Yuneec is better. I can say that I know already there customer service is better!

I sold my P3A for the same reasons above. And if we mention price - you get so much more that it may raise suspicions how can they deliver so much value for that money. Then you just think for a minute and realize it is actually the DJI overpricing polcy that makes you smile for choosing Typhoon H.

I spoke with Yuneec Tech support this morning about this specific issue and they confirmed that the H has a built in ceiling of 8,000'. They currently do not have a firmware update available for release like there is for the Q500 and suggested I check back in a month or so. I live west of Denver at 7500' and I have a friend with a 400 acre ranch near Parshal, CO at 8800'. I bought the H in part so I could film some of the incredible scenery and wildlife around his place so I'm a bit disappointed, especially since the dealer I bought from told me that there was no ceiling restriction on the H, only on the Q500. If anyone knows of a hack please fill me in.

As far as the ability of the aircraft to fly at altitude I have no problem with ascent or flight mobility at 7500'. Apparently I am dense enough ;~)

I spoke with Yuneec Tech support this morning about this specific issue and they confirmed that the H has a built in ceiling of 8,000'. They currently do not have a firmware update available for release like there is for the Q500 and suggested I check back in a month or so. I live west of Denver at 7500' and I have a friend with a 400 acre ranch near Parshal, CO at 8800'. I bought the H in part so I could film some of the incredible scenery and wildlife around his place so I'm a bit disappointed, especially since the dealer I bought from told me that there was no ceiling restriction on the H, only on the Q500. If anyone knows of a hack please fill me in.

As far as the ability of the aircraft to fly at altitude I have no problem with ascent or flight mobility at 7500'. Apparently I am dense enough ;~)

Have you tried taking it past 8K, if so what does it do?
Our lowest Ski Resort and snow mobiling areas around here is 8300'. I had no problem with the Phantom at 9500'

Take it from somone who has both.. The built in tablet of the 16 is far better. The whimply plastic holder on the p3 was junk as well. Right off the bat you needed to upgrade to the inspire mount.!

I had a P3P last year and I will admit it was a nice drone. I had zero issues with the aircraft but I decided to sell it after reading about so many people having the stress crack syndrome on their Phantoms. Some say it doesn't happen on every drone and some say it does because it's only a matter of time. I didn't feel like becoming another stress crack statistic so I jumped ship.

I recently heard about how great the Typhoon H is and I decided to try one out. I have only flown it twice but so far so good. It handles great and the ST16 controller with LCD is awesome.

Reactions: Sectordrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval