Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Loss WiFi

Reaction score
My Typhoon H with the last firmware loses wifi after a few minutes of flight, and the recording stops. The wifi will resume after about a minute and then not lose more. I read that others have this problem, it is a bug of Yuneec? It 'may be fixed with an update of the firmware or is there something else to do?

I've had it also a few times. It has coincided with lifting the landing gear up. It's annoying as the camera has needed to be reset each time as well.

I've had it also a few times. It has coincided with lifting the landing gear up. It's annoying as the camera has needed to be reset each time as well.
Yes, mostly coincident with gear up or down. I think using the Wi-Fi shortcut may help, at least it has on the last 6 or so flights.

Mine did the same before it went back bricked.
Is it only Euro H's that have the issue?
Could the lower Euro power be the problem.
Hope to have replacement this week.

I had the same issue today just the once I immediately moved it away from some trees and left it hovering, whilst I went in to the settings and re selected the camera and wi-fi connection resumed almost straight away, although I believe the original camera settings were lost, at least that's what the captured video shows.

Sid, this is exactly my problem too. My video link (wi-fi) cuts out whenever I raise the gear. Then I have to sit there and hover for a couple of minutes until it reconnects. I'm so sick and tired of this problem (plus the fact that my video is not sharp at all), plus the fact that my microSD slot on my ST16 is broken that I'm preparing to send the whole thing in to Yunnec Europe for repair or replacement. What a cluster-f**k!

Sid, this is exactly my problem too. My video link (wi-fi) cuts out whenever I raise the gear. Then I have to sit there and hover for a couple of minutes until it reconnects. I'm so sick and tired of this problem (plus the fact that my video is not sharp at all), plus the fact that my microSD slot on my ST16 is broken that I'm preparing to send the whole thing in to Yunnec Europe for repair or replacement. What a cluster-f**k!
Yes I had this a couple of times. But today no problem at all. Annoying when it happens yes. Let us hope that when the new firmware comes out this will be cured. A technician at Yuneec UK said they are aware of the wifi connection in general.

In today's flight just left I raised the landing gear but the wifi was not disconnected. After about three minutes lost the wifi, then after a minute he was reconnected, and no longer lost. This is the fourth or fifth flight and the wifi is always disconnected flying after two or three minutes from the take-off.

I have same problem, selecting gear up wi-fi disconnected and have to wait several minutes to wi-fi reconnect.
This happens every flight and some flight wi-fi disconnect after 5-8 min flight time, Wi-fi connection is not good and i loosing flight time with Camera.
Have not performed any long distance flight's, Max 150m and height 100m .

Me too...always on the first flight, as soon as I gear up it disconnects. Then I can land, take-off, land, raise o lower the gear and it never disconnects. Only the first time. It is a weird bug. For sure a software problem, otherwise it should happen random during the flight.
EU version.

First flight and had the same issue. Did not notice recording had stopped. Resulting in a very short video... Also I have an eu version...

Reactions: D See Ker
First flight and had the same issue. Did not notice recording had stopped. Resulting in a very short video... Also I have an eu version...

It seems to be a common issue, at least in the European version. I wrote a few days ago to Yuneec Europe but no one answered.

My guess would be that the reason the video goes out in conjunction with the landing gear is due to the location of this antenna located near the landing gear. I didn't think it had anything to do with the video, but perhaps on some models it gets crimped in the landing gear which causes something to cause the video to go out.

ANT_1.jpg

Reactions: JohnL
That antenna is one of the two RC antennas, one on each side. The video antenna is a cloverleaf design located below the camera lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me