Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Loss WiFi

I've got the same issue on EU model.
After waiting long minute after power on ST-16 and after Typhoon... I take off the drone and lost the wifi signal. I waited 1 min average and all was ok... but the disconnect wifi scary me :(
I hope they find a solution...
after this issue typhoon is a SUPER machine !
Somebody open a call or issue on this problem ??
++

Personally I would settle for the camera to be connected with the on switch on the Typhoon. This way the video would be running all the time the Typhoon was on regardless of WiFi connection. This of course would not suit those people who wanted to switch from stills to video. I did mention this possibility to a rep at the Yuneec stand in London last week but I do not think he was on the technical side so could not comment. For the moment I now raise the gear when the H is quite close to me before switching on the video and closely monitor the red button on the screen at all times. Flying the H without taking video or pictures is pointless.

Never had the problem here in Oz, but I downloaded the Nth American version.
Most interesting somewhere in the H is embedded GPS instructions what to do. As has been reported here on this forum before in Europe even if you download and install the North American version the H ignores it and defaults to the EU version. Plenty of space in Australia so no problem.

I hope it is released as soon as the new firmware with the correction to the issue. The H is a great drone, but this problem is really annoying.
As I already said : once the video is started, that would be nice if a loss of wifi (that can occur for so many reasons) does not stop the recording

Sounds like it could be the gear motors are introducing too much noise to the H wifi input power circuit or a voltage drop. That could cause the H wifi to reboot.
May not have enough filtering there.

To all that are having this problem, you could try the "on the ground gear check" that I have seen on one of these threads. Don't think that is the title though. You would have the H upside down.
Anyway, try it and see if you loose wifi. If you lose it while you lower the gear, now working against gravity, it would indicate the gear motors are causing the voltage to drop too much to the wifi power circuit.
Let me know what happens, I am curious:)

To all that are having this problem, you could try the "on the ground gear check" that I have seen on one of these threads. Don't think that is the title though. You would have the H upside down.
Anyway, try it and see if you loose wifi. If you lose it while you lower the gear, now working against gravity, it would indicate the gear motors are causing the voltage to drop too much to the wifi power circuit.
Let me know what happens, I am curious:)
Could you please explain more plz ???

I think this is software related issue. After that first wifi disconnect and reconnect you can raise and lower the landing gears without problems.

My Typhoon H with the last firmware loses wifi after a few minutes of flight, and the recording stops. The wifi will resume after about a minute and then not lose more. I read that others have this problem, it is a bug of Yuneec? It 'may be fixed with an update of the firmware or is there something else to do?

same here, on st16 show N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A NA/ .... FOR A FEW SEC. THAN PICKUP THE SIGNAL AGAIN !!!

Funny you should say it happens when you raise the landing gear. I watched a video the other day about putting different antenna's on the H. Looked for the two little antenna wires on mine and one was sitting right on the metal part of the landing gear. Maybe this is why the wifi is cutting out for a bit. Hitting that metal. I taped it down with some clear tape. The one on the other side is under a sticker but one was just hanging out the side.

Reactions: yuneec53
I'm thinking one of TH 's wires is for telemetry, one is RC and the wifi has its own inside the camera.

Just did little research. When ST16´s battery is fully charged i did not get any disconnects when raising landing gear.. Tried three times. Take off -> landing gear up -> landing gear down -> land the bird -> reboot both bird and controller -> Repeat. No disconnects. Must try again when the ST16´s battery is discharged close to 50%

Yea that could be it drawing a little too much current and making the radio weak. Does the gear move freely? If it sticks it will cause it to draw more current.

I'm thinking one of TH 's wires is for telemetry, one is RC and the wifi has its own inside the camera.
Most RC 2.4 GHz receivers use at least two antennas for signal diversity. This appears to be the case with the Typhoon H as well. Check this video. I'm not recommending you do this, but it shows the radio and the antenna connections quite well.

Last edited:
So if I'm reading this correctly a wifi disconnect causes the video to shut off. That should be an easy firmware fix. Weird that video recording is tied o connection.. That's bad design.

Reactions: D See Ker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal