Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost connection while mapping

Reaction score
I was carrying out a mapping mission with my H520 when I lost connection with the drone. Probably happened when the drone went out of sight beyond trees and my directional antenna was pointing the wrong way at the time. The drone wouldn't respond to pause or return-to-home commands, but just carried on with its pre-programmed flight. I tried re-connecting the camera but nothing happened. Eventually the drone returned home when its battery drained down (it was the first battery of a two-battery mission). So my query is - how do I regain control of the drone if connection is lost during a mapping mission?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Depending on how the defaults are set up, you might not. That’s one of the benefits of Pixhawk and Px systems. Losing link does not equate to a lost drone or scrubbed mission, it will self complete and autoRTB afterwards.

Check your failsafe settings. I don’t have a 520 but I do have Pixhawk systems and there are user selectable options for what the drone should do when link is lost. Complete mission and return is one of them.

Reactions: Mike Irish
There is a setting in Hiden menu (you need to tap three dashes 5-6 times) how the drone should behave in such situations. In my opinion your drone acted properly. You may just set other RTH battery level to be sure that drone have enough power to return.

Thanks for these responses. I guess the drone did behave properly by returning home, which I was relieved about. Interestingly (and a bit annoyingly), while it completed its flight plan, it stopped taking photos. It only took about 100 images for a 600 image mapping flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin