Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost telemetry info past 600 Feet.

Reaction score
I wanted to take my drone higher then 400 Feet so I plugged my drone in my PC. Using the GUI that yuneec provided I changed the default from 91/122m to 200/300m. I felt safe doing this as the place I take it to is clear. Anyway using stock equipment I am consistently losing telemetry info when the drone goes past about 630 feet in altitude. Video feed is fine and I am still able to control it. Once that happened I brought the drone back down until I regained the telemetry info.

My question is. Is this the expected behavior? I have read and seen some videos where the complaint was the antennae placement can block a signal. I am also debating about having the antennae mod done.

I wanted to take my drone higher then 400 Feet so I plugged my drone in my PC. Using the GUI that yuneec provided I changed the default from 91/122m to 200/300m. I felt safe doing this as the place I take it to is clear. Anyway using stock equipment I am consistently losing telemetry info when the drone goes past about 630 feet in altitude. Video feed is fine and I am still able to control it. Once that happened I brought the drone back down until I regained the telemetry info.

My question is. Is this the expected behavior? I have read and seen some videos where the complaint was the antennae placement can block a signal. I am also debating about having the antennae mod done.
Thats only about 200, it's not normal, on the stock setup I can go 1km easily, I think most others would be the same or you would read a lot more about it here. Maybe you have a lot of RF interference where you are?

Thats only about 200, it's not normal, on the stock setup I can go 1km easily, I think most others would be the same or you would read a lot more about it here. Maybe you have a lot of RF interference where you are?

I don't think I do. I can however see a cell tower about a mile from me but I don't think that should be an issue.

This is likely due to the orientation of your transmitting antenna on the H. Yuneec positions them vertically to maximize flight distance horizontally. Unfortunately, this also causes a dead zone under the drone where its antenna becomes ineffective. So when you fly it straight up, you loose connection much sooner.

Fix: Change the orientation of the antenna on the H to be in more of a horizontal position. This may reduce flight distance horizontally but should fix the problem.

The picture on the left is like the antenna on the H. There are dead zones above and below.
tmp912_thumb.jpg

We love tough questions, you can contact us directly on our website www.VertigoDrones.com our team of aviators and engineers have a wealth of knowledge!

Reactions: m5zealot
Vertigo: Thank you for the illustration. And thank you for the excellent customer service last week. I was very impressed!

Intelien: Just had mine up 400 feet and out 2500 ft without a hiccup. Try going out a hundred feet THEN up.

Reactions: Vertigo Drones
Thanks a lot guys I will try that. I am taking baby steps with doing things on this drone since it is my first.

What country are you in. I sure hope it's not the USA. The faa monitor this site. They are the robots on the right side.

2500 feet out? Still in LOS, and didn't go above 400 ft. Why would this be a problem?

Oh, duh. Never mind.

"Telemetry is NOT shown over 199,9m / 656 feet altitude at the current firmware." This information is from official Finland Yuneec dealer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval