Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Love my typhoon h But miss a lot of options

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong i really like my thyphoon H but men i miss a lot of option like in the dji app.
I come from a ph4 and then with the typhoon H it looks you going 10 years back.

No sd-card format option.
No heigt adjusment for return to home.
No good picture adjustment only natural and other modes.
With my ph4 i can turn it all down and get really flat images and colorcorrect it in premiere.
There are on two sides of the controller joypads that are there for what?
Gives us the option to put someting under it like a quick iso switch or camera switch.

There are a lot of more options and really bad that yuneec din't look good at the competition how the give us good options.
The have experience and know what's missing in the software and with this great machine i hope the fixed it but no the didn't.
For now great machine with flying but misses al lot of the software.

Reactions: Goh and QuadBart
Not sure about the H, but with the Q500 4K you can format the SD card through the CGO3 app.

Yeah thats wright gives me a raw file but i like to do it myself en turning down sharpness i don't like that it's to much. In the typhoon H is no option to format a sd card inside the machine.

I am very hopeful that theres going to be improvements via firmware/software updates. The fact this is an android tablet and people have also mentioned an SDK makes me optimistic

Reactions: Goh
Dont really know why formatting the card in the machine is such a big deal. You format it once and dont ever have to do it again. Card getting full? Just off load the files to your computer when you process them, its only good file management.

That's my point. Lets say your in the field and you forgot to delete your full card in your pc after transfered them to your hardrive. Well then you have a problem or mabey you not and bring your pc with you al the time. That's why i wanted this in the software or do you have any other device that don't give us the option. Tablet, phone the all got this option.

Reactions: Goh
Don't get me wrong i really like my thyphoon H but men i miss a lot of option like in the dji app.
I come from a ph4 and then with the typhoon H it looks you going 10 years back.

No sd-card format option.
No heigt adjusment for return to home.
No good picture adjustment only natural and other modes.
With my ph4 i can turn it all down and get really flat images and colorcorrect it in premiere.
There are on two sides of the controller joypads that are there for what?
Gives us the option to put someting under it like a quick iso switch or camera switch.

There are a lot of more options and really bad that yuneec din't look good at the competition how the give us good options.
The have experience and know what's missing in the software and with this great machine i hope the fixed it but no the didn't.
For now great machine with flying but misses al lot of the software.
Why on earth can't you format the SD card before you put it in?
I did.... It's fine... Or just take another formatted card.
Height adjustment? It's the stick on the left... You just push it up... Then hit RTH. If you can't see where aircraft is..... Why are you out of LOS?
NO ""good" picture adjustment?... Have you looked at the options on the ST16 screen?
A ""quick iso switch"?... Seriously?
Look up "Nit picking" in the dictionary, and be glad you don't have to put up with DJI service......
Enjoy your H .......for goodness sake!

Just like a explain let's say you forgot to delete the pictures and your card is full in the field. Oeps big problem i think. But he i think it's a strange question to put that in.
Hahah the options on the st 16 screen there are none exept for the natural and other programs. I want my pictures and filming flat and not oversharpend like it's now. Color correction i want to do in post proccessing. The service of Dji is crap i know but the app is not, an way further then the typhoon software. Rth really push the stick ? Lets say you are far away around 11 meters height and suddenly you loos contact. It comes right at you at 11 meter Wtf. The phantoms go to a height that you give in. I put in around 70 meter so it don't hit a tree. Little things that i miss. Not nit picking but things that i think must be in the software. On the phantom controllers are on the bottom quick switches. I think you don't use one before because what a great future. Change iso with a click of a button and don't must go in the software. Camera point to the ground click and done not dailing a wheel. There are switches unused on the st16 so whats the problem. I love my Typhoon but with beter software much more ;)

That's my point. Lets say your in the field and you forgot to delete your full card in your pc after transfered them to your hardrive. Well then you have a problem or mabey you not and bring your pc with you al the time. That's why i wanted this in the software or do you have any other device that don't give us the option. Tablet, phone the all got this option.
You can format the card in the ST16 - if you remember to bring that with you of course!

Well that's an answer i can use. I think a option that nobody knows because the replays din't say anything about that

I can't comment on photo/video quality and adjustments as I'm not familiar with F/stop, shutter speed, etc. I just point and shoot :)

But I do agree about the DJI GO app. The DJI UI is a better experience. And its not like I'm coming from a Phantom to the "H". I've had a Q500 the same time as I bought my P3A. I feel the GO app is a easier to use and has some really nice features. The one feature I like about the Go App is that it "talks" to you. It doesn't just beep making you look down and take your eyes off your bird to see what its beeping about. I also like the "battery" meter. Rather than just tell you its time to land and vibrate like the ST16, you can see what percentage of battery is left. With the ST16 I have to remember that at 14.8 its time to start coming home, at 14.3 it should be on the ground....

Like you I like my "H" alot, I just feel the UI is a half-step behind DJI...

I can't comment on photo/video quality and adjustments as I'm not familiar with F/stop, shutter speed, etc. I just point and shoot :)

But I do agree about the DJI GO app. The DJI UI is a better experience. And its not like I'm coming from a Phantom to the "H". I've had a Q500 the same time as I bought my P3A. I feel the GO app is a easier to use and has some really nice features. The one feature I like about the Go App is that it "talks" to you. It doesn't just beep making you look down and take your eyes off your bird to see what its beeping about. I also like the "battery" meter. Rather than just tell you its time to land and vibrate like the ST16, you can see what percentage of battery is left. With the ST16 I have to remember that at 14.8 its time to start coming home, at 14.3 it should be on the ground....

Like you I like my "H" alot, I just feel the UI is a half-step behind DJI...

This is just what i mean. This is my first typhoon and really like it but it can be beter with good software and personal i think it's lacking. But a lot of people in this forum are used to the typhoon forum so the are used to it i think.

Reactions: QuadBart
This is just what i mean. This is my first typhoon and really like it but it can be beter with good software and personal i think it's lacking. But a lot of people in this forum are used to the typhoon forum so the are used to it i think.

If you sit down quietly and read the manual, look at the videos on the SD card, view the various videos from TiggerRC,Simon Newton etc you will be up to speed and find that just about all your concerns will be answered. Do remember the old saying "What goes up - must come down" in the case of motor/esc trouble the P4 it will be rapid and in the case of the H it will be controlled.

Redundancy is the feature word to describe an H not applicable on a P.

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval