Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Low voltage alert at what voltage?

Perhaps I'm too careful at 14.8 I'm on the ground, fresh battery if I need another run.
Hmmm IMHO probably a bit on the too cautious side but there's nothing wrong with being cautious. Better to be on that side rather than pushing the envelope and trashing your battery or even worse...crashing your aircraft. IMHO I think you would be safe looking at 14.5 or 14.6 on the ground which would give you a few more minutes in the air without risking stressing your battery.

On a cold, damp morning last fall, I took the TH up with a full battery. By the time I got to altitude (about a minute into the flight), I got the low voltage warning. So, I landed immediately. After sitting on the ground for a few minutes, the voltage seemed to be back into the high 15s. So, without changing the battery, I went up again and flew for about 6 minutes before landing at 14.4v. I suspect that aggressive flying initially and cold temps caused the low voltage warning. Sitting on the ground with the warmth in the drone body, the batteries recovered a bit.
Just sharing some of my experience.

Reactions: AH-1G
On a cold, damp morning last fall, I took the TH up with a full battery. By the time I got to altitude (about a minute into the flight), I got the low voltage warning. So, I landed immediately. After sitting on the ground for a few minutes, the voltage seemed to be back into the high 15s. So, without changing the battery, I went up again and flew for about 6 minutes before landing at 14.4v. I suspect that aggressive flying initially and cold temps caused the low voltage warning. Sitting on the ground with the warmth in the drone body, the batteries recovered a bit.
Just sharing some of my experience.
They will bounce back a little, not reliable for me, it's only a guide, I've gone back up for a minute or two to catch a sunset, but kept close by and watching the voltage.

Warm your batteries for at least an hour before flight. The H seems especially susceptible to cold batteries. On a 40* day with a full charge I can get the red flashing lights and low battery warning on the first climb out.

Same battery warmed for 1-2 hours can go 15 minutes before the warning.

Last edited:
First warning? 4.3v
2nd warning? 4.1v
Duration between 1st and 2nd warning? Too short to even say 'Oh sh*t!'

At 15v the H is just 50ft out. At 14.8v should be over the pad preparing to land. At my location it's really hard to shop for spare parts, prevention is better than repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio