Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Manual filght mode rocks

Reaction score
Just got the hang of manual binding. It took a while to figure it out. And so far I like it just used it to fly my h520 with the h480 top shell and it flew solid with gps lock on the craft. However on the controller it says no gps. Switching be tween angle and manual mode confirmed gps was fully working. In manual mode when gps fails you hear two beeps from the craft switch to rtl and what should be just the rear yellow leds go to all six arm leds flashing Purple.
Taken into considering that I have no working e90 camera to do the calibrations after doing my firmware updates it still flies solid. Only have to bind once to the h520 unless I have to change the st16s controller battery. I can change the battery on the h520 and even turn the h520 off and on and it still bound to the st16s. It only when I have to change the st16s battery must rebind manually to the h520 craft. Now for flight time I go by 10% controller battery state on my st16s ( example flight starts with controller battery starts at 98% change h520 when controller hits 88%) per every one h520 flight battery. That takes the h520 battery from 100 percent to 35 percent. but above the 20 percent level using h480 battery. Not sure if manual mode will do auto land when battery is drained to the 10 percent mark.

that should be while in manual bind mode when gps fails you will hear two beeps from the craft when that happens switch to rtl and not only the rear yellow leds that should be there are not but all of them flash purple and go to land failsafe mode.

that should be while in manual bind mode when gps fails you will hear two beeps from the craft when that happens switch to rtl and not only the rear yellow leds that should be there are not but all of them flash purple and go to land failsafe mode.

Terrence,

You do know one can edit posts directly, right?

Also, I am trying to follow your "controller battery level versus H520 battery level" but having a tough time. Its likely me simply not comprehending what you are trying to say.

Jeff

In Manual bind mode on the h520 I thought okay I can not get battery level info on the h520 craft itself while in the air. So I thought back to when I was flying my h480. thinking okay I hit the h480 low battery warning and the controller battery level was at minus 10 to 12 percent from the start of the flight. on the h480 my flights lasted 10 to 12 percent of battery charge and the h480 was above 20% remaining charge. So I applied same thinking of full charge on the st16s 95 percent one flight one. Land the h520 when the controller battery hit 85 percent of charge. doing so left me at 3.75 volts per cell at the end of flight. Also I will not be Using Manual Bind mode for further flights. Just modified my broken e90 camera to a telemetry only radio therefore giving my battery state in flight as well as other data.

Last edited:
In Manual bind mode on the h520 I thought okay I can not get battery level info on the h520 craft itself while in the air. So I thought back to when I was flying my h480. thinking okay I hit the h480 low battery warning and the controller battery level was at minus 10 to 12 percent from the start of the flight. on the h480 my flights lasted 10 to 12 percent of battery charge and the h480 was above 20% remaining charge. So I applied same thinking of full charge on the st16s 95 percent one flight one. Land the h520 when the controller battery hit 85 percent of charge. doing so left me at 3.75 volts per cell at the end of flight. Also I will not be Using Manual Bind mode for further flights. Just modified my broken e90 camera to a telemetry only radio therefore giving my battery state in flight as well as other data.

Ahhhh!

Gotcha now!

Thanks!

Jeff

If your going to fly manual bind mode. I might suggest if you have a extra gimbal mount for the cgo3+ any yuneec camera that sides on the rail to just use that plastic part and place electrical tape where the circuits make connection between camera and board. Then slide one the drone this will protect the contacts from and chance of metal contact that would short out the gimbal main board circuits on the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy