Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mapping question

I find orbiting manually is usually a good solution for that type of footage, always seems to work out nice and stable.

i wouldn't like to say too much about what they said as not to spark debate or get hopes up, but more camera work for cinematography, ROI, terrain follow for missions (although they where unclear on whether this was already a selectable option!! but i cant find it!!) plus a few other user gimmicks to make it more consumer friendly. Probably stuff everyone knows already.

Thank you. Its never easy to filter between what a Yuneec employee hopes for, and what is in fact insider knowledge. Lets hope all these things turn up sooner than later.

Certainly i'd appreciate Terrain Follow right now as I have a job which looks to be a 5 battery double grid mission with around 30m difference in levels across the site to be done soon.

By the way this is the product I was trying to describe; its very very good! copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

Thank you. Its never easy to filter between what a Yuneec employee hopes for, and what is in fact insider knowledge. Lets hope all these things turn up sooner than later.

Certainly i'd appreciate Terrain Follow right now as I have a job which looks to be a 5 battery double grid mission with around 30m difference in levels across the site to be done soon.

By the way this is the product I was trying to describe; its very very good! copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

Looks like a good product, i am a composite engineering lecturer and my apprentices are working on something similar to attach to my tripod with a HDMI field monitor mount at the top.

He thought we already had terrain follow lol!! i think my job for next week has around a 20mtr elevation drop to so it would have been great for this as my client doesn't require any elevation data to work out his volumetrics.

We finally got round to completing our forestry job today.
Made 3 surveys as a back up and conditions changing. Approx 20-24 hectare (dependent on the map i run), first pass was being generous on the area and took 30% of battery 2, same for 2nd pass which was identical mission but with better conditions and different camera settings to improve the overall quality, 3rd was very "lean" on the survey area and as 10-8 said earlier it did this on 1 battery, drained to 18%. I was overall very impressed with the aircraft, absolutely no troubles at all.
Now its all being uploaded to dronedeploy to check the result for myself, the client wants to do his own stitching on their own software so it makes my job very easy now.
And i have learnt that the lean way on your surveys is the way to go.

Reactions: 10-8
We finally got round to completing our forestry job today.
Made 3 surveys as a back up and conditions changing. Approx 20-24 hectare (dependent on the map i run), first pass was being generous on the area and took 30% of battery 2, same for 2nd pass which was identical mission but with better conditions and different camera settings to improve the overall quality, 3rd was very "lean" on the survey area and as 10-8 said earlier it did this on 1 battery, drained to 18%. I was overall very impressed with the aircraft, absolutely no troubles at all.
Now its all being uploaded to dronedeploy to check the result for myself, the client wants to do his own stitching on their own software so it makes my job very easy now.
And i have learnt that the lean way on your surveys is the way to go.

Keep in mind that you can nest missions, I mean, you do an area in nadir, for example, and then you add another mission with the same area and you can do it in obliquo. All in the same flight, you don't need to land and charge another mission, as long as the autonomy of the battery allows it, of course ;)

Reactions: Uav.eye
Keep in mind that you can nest missions, I mean, you do an area in nadir, for example, and then you add another mission with the same area and you can do it in obliquo. All in the same flight, you don't need to land and charge another mission, as long as the autonomy of the battery allows it, of course ;)
The next plan is to complete a 3d map of an area and building (small church) i have been asked to do, that will need a bit of time to practice beforehand.

BTW for some unknown reason my date and time on my 520 have all gone to 1st jan 2014! on every folder i made today. work that out.

Mine has been doing that since shortly after I got it over a year ago. You'll probably find it gets the correct date and time three times out of four.

BTW for some unknown reason my date and time on my 520 have all gone to 1st jan 2014! on every folder i made today. work that out.

It's been a recurring failure for a long time. Sometimes you go 20 flights without it happening to you and then it happens to you. I don't know if anyone has discovered when it happens? Flying without having enough satellites? how many? a certain sequence of actions? If someone has discovered when it occurs it would be good to comment.

Sometimes when you do many flights, 5 or 6 within the same area is good to have the images with the correct time, you can lengthen to find certain photos or areas.

It's been a recurring failure for a long time. Sometimes you go 20 flights without it happening to you and then it happens to you. I don't know if anyone has discovered when it happens? Flying without having enough satellites? how many? a certain sequence of actions? If someone has discovered when it occurs it would be good to comment.

Sometimes when you do many flights, 5 or 6 within the same area is good to have the images with the correct time, you can lengthen to find certain photos or areas.
yes especially since dronedeploy wont allow me to correct the date!

Hello,
There is a handy little program to put the dates of the day (like eggs!) On the files. It's "Attribute Changer".
See here to download: Home | Attribute Changer
You select the files and right-click the mouse, you can change the date, etc.
capture_11172018_152555.jpg

Reactions: arruntus
"PHOTO DATE AND TIME
Modify date and time information stored in digital photos. Add or subtract values and even synchronise with file date and time"

Very good contribution @claudius62, thx.

P.D.: And you're a little sick?, otherwise........ ;)

Hello,
There is a handy little program to put the dates of the day (like eggs!) On the files. It's "Attribute Changer".
See here to download: Home | Attribute Changer
You select the files and right-click the mouse, you can change the date, etc.
View attachment 12479

Claudius,

Does attribute changer allow for an offset mode?

[ed. Just checked the details page per the link Claudius provided... yes, it does!]

In other words, can it be programmed to add or subtract time and date from the current file time stamps so then we can process a batch without setting them all to the same value? [ed. Yes!]

Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited:
Claudius,

Does attribute changer allow for an offset mode?

[ed. Just checked the details page per the link Claudius provided... yes, it does!]

In other words, can it be programmed to add or subtract time and date from the current file time stamps do the we can process a batch without setting them all to the same value? [ed. Yes!]

Thanks!

Jeff

Yes, it allows it, I just tried it and it works well. It is a very powerful tool :D

P.D.: For example, and what will be good for what we're talking about. If we know the time difference, the day is easier to know, we can add or subtract hours and minutes and establish the day to a set of files. That's very useful

@arruntus, a small contribution before the big jump.
"And you're a little sick?", Yes, a little bit my brother, Next Wednesday, I'll meet the gentleman who will come to my home to change the aortic valve. It seems that his name is "surgeon". You must realize that I'm not happy at all !!!! . One last before the road .......... biere92.gif

Reactions: arruntus
@arruntus, a small contribution before the big jump.
"And you're a little sick?", Yes, a little bit my brother, Next Wednesday, I'll meet the gentleman who will come to my home to change the aortic valve. It seems that his name is "surgeon". You must realize that I'm not happy at all !!!! . One last before the road .......... View attachment 12489

In your home? Yes, you are ahead of the curve in France :p

Last? Since I was little I learned that when it comes to beer the last word is totally forbidden ;););)

A cleaning of plumbing and giving war again :D

just to add.
when i ran the pictures through Photoshop to tidy them up it up-issued the date to last modified, when i uploaded in to Dronedeploy it gives a more accurate date and time, or at least nearer than jan 2004 ha ha

While record.play.rewind is right that the S900 can actually fly the mission, I'd caution about using the X5 on this. It apparently has focus issues when mapping. Its a great camera, just not a great option for mapping. If you had access to an X4s camera then perhaps the S900 would be easier to recommend.

I'd say you're best to plan for the H520. You might want to do a trial before hand if thats possible to put your own mind at rest regarding the X5s.

Recently found and reading through with interest of the H520 & mapping. Within the thread discussion the S900 with X5 was mentioned and is correct, and the X5 isn't an ideal camera all around in comparison to the X5R. Originally I thought they were similar, but multiple tests by various examiners have clearly show the X5R superior in sensor, ev range and sharpness, not including the RAW video abilities separate from this discussion.

What caught my eye were a few comments on the S900 with the X4S & X5S. The X4S & X5S are not compatible with S900/S1000 A3/LB2 builds and are compatible only with I2 and M200 series platform. When the S900 or S1000 is converted & upgraded to the A3Pro/LB2 electronics, it essentially mimics the M600Pro's electronics and available gimbals & cameras. These would be the X3, Z3, X5, X5R, Z30 and XT Thermo, and RoninMX with the one exception (limited by FW only for market reasons) is the XT2 Thermo accepted on the M600Pro and not S900/S1000 A3/LB2 builds.

Along that subject, the X4S is superior to the X5S for geo mapping images due to the shutter design. The X5S is a higher quality camera more cinema focused and video footage and isn't ideal without the I2 RAW components for cinema. The S900 / S1000 with the X5R provides better images than the X5, and a RoninMX with A7Riii native 42meg Full Frame would be the highest detail and image quality currently available on the platforms.

I do look forward to the progression of 3rd party programs that are now including the H520, in the last 6 months there have been a few adding the H520 to the supported platforms. That is promising news for the H520 and it's cameras. It hasn't moved forward much internally but it is beginning to pickup 3rd party attention which in my opinion is better in the long run gaining 3rd party support.

I do look forward to the progression of 3rd party programs that are now including the H520, in the last 6 months there have been a few adding the H520 to the supported platforms. That is promising news for the H520 and it's cameras. It hasn't moved forward much internally but it is beginning to pickup 3rd party attention which in my opinion is better in the long run gaining 3rd party support.

Talking of 3rd party support, I do hope that the 3DR Site Scan collaboration works well. This is the sort of deal that has handed DJI big numbers of corporate sales. All we need now is an improved E90 with a mechanical shutter!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy