Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

max speed on angle mode

Reaction score
I kno the Typhoon H can travel at 40 mph in follow me mode but why not in angle mode? Im new to the Yuneec family but an experienced Phantom flier. Any feedback would be great.. Thanks all and happy flying!!

Reactions: Jester
It'll go plenty fast in angle mode with the rate slider up. Mine's gone close to 50 mph according to GPS logs.

Reactions: Grocc21
ive only gotten mine up to 29.5 and thats at full throttle with rate slider all the way up.. it just feels like my phantom 3 is faster..

ive only gotten mine up to 29.5 and thats at full throttle with rate slider all the way up.. it just feels like my phantom 3 is faster..

It's not a Racer. Are you chasing speeders on the Highway?:p What is your need for speed if you will share?

You have to turn GPS off and fly manually for full speed. It's actually a safety feature. 30 MPH with GPS on is plenty fast for me.

The H is actually faster and more powerful than The Phantom and from what I read can carry a heavier payload.

You can improve on this with after market props too. But the only way to go Max Throttle is No GPS Angle Mode.

Reactions: spyguy and Grocc21
Ok thanks for the info appreciate the help

Just remember that 30 MPH speed is a safety feature, and plenty fast.

If you turn GPS off and want to fly at MAX Speed, you are flying SOLEY LINE OF SIGHT, and if you go max Speed, your drone can get out of SIGHT in a hurry.
There have been reported speeds of 50 MPH, and I saw one of 60 MPH with a tail wind.

That gets out of sight on you, and you have GPS off, you don't know where Longitude and Latitude is for your drone, and neither does your drone know where it is.
Not only that, I have never done this, and never feel the need to, so I do not know if you can recall your DRONE with The HOME button with GPS off if you lose sight of it.

Losing sight of your Drone is a scary experience too, and can cause you to panic.

So know how to use The Green Arrow to get it back to you without being able to see it. Make sure you have plenty of elevation too.
I lost sight of mine the other day. It was rather high and I was flying over a park and a tree blocked my view.

I panicked a bit, forgot about the Green Arrow, and increased elevation and still could not see it. That's because it was just a dot in the sky and about 390 feet in the air.
So I thought I hit the Home Key, but I actually flipped OBS on instead.

Then I saw what I did, hit The Home Button and it came right back to me.

This happened in a matter of seconds but seemed like an eternity.

First thing I did right was take my hands off the stick and try to visually locate it again, and then think.
I looked and saw that I flipped the wrong switch and just hit home, and as it was coming home, I said to myself, "DUMMY" you Panicked, and all you needed to do was to look at your screen and use the Green Arrow to manually fly it back to you."

I practice as much as I can. But imo, until you get like about 20-30 flights and repeatedly use all of it's features and buttons like the back of your hand don't be turning stuff off that is there to help you enjoy your drone safely and to make sure you don't lose it.

Without GPS the RTH feature does nothing. It becomes Angle mode without benefit of GPS positioning.

The H is not a Phantom, not made by DJI, and therefore different from a Phantom in many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes this is true.. very nerve wrecking experience.. itll be local low flying in large field no trees all line of sight dont plan on going long distance with gps off.. too much of an investment lol

Reactions: Col
Without GPS the RTH feature does nothing. It becomes Angle mode without benefit of GPS positioning.

There's one for the wishlist: in addition to GPS on the AUX switch, turn on GPS control when you go into RTH mode. Maybe it's already been mentioned...

just like the thrill.. lol naa no chasing

Thrill? Hmm...thrill to me is my Mustang zooming past ______MPH (fill in the blank).:)
To a friend, it's his Ducati right (behind?) me.:)
Diff strokes, huh.

To the topic, I've seen my standard TH, w/o cam attached, over 50 mph.

Is there any possiblity adverse flight issues by turning the GPS off and on in flight? When you select RTH is it using GPS to know where home is or is it using the signal from the ST 16 to find home?

RTH requires GPS. I'm not sure if the TH will automatically re-enable GPS for RTH if the user had turned it off during the flight.

Well with the early firmware there was a GPS glitch but I have not experienced it since.

When you select RTH does the H return to the spot that it took off from (GPS location) or does it return to where the ST 16 is? Meaning that if you took off from one spot then walked about 200 feet to a different spot and then selected the RTH what spot would the h return to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vito