Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

Here is one of them seated on a spare adapter... The adapter protrudes 1.1mm above the hub.
883e1e4a0185ba05625dc313a815c48b.jpg

Wow talk about a coincidence....the current ones actually are tight enough to run a 3mm rod in there. It actually screwed in. With a little tweaking it will be a little thicker wall with m3 thread. Hopefully the 3d printer can print that resolution but if not a m3 tap will clean things up. How much height do you guys want on the threaded part?View attachment 8158
Ralphy, the M2 would be best, but looking at your pic and reviewing your diagram, either M2 or M3 would provide strength if the screw reached into the thicker base section. That would provide the anchoring strength for the top screw. As far as hieght; if Kris is mic’ing 7.4, to provide holding tension on screw I’d suggest 7mm.

Reguarding the base off-set... you previously experimented with 4mm? Did that suffice, or did I see a comment indicating blade impact with offset?

Since all the top screws will rotate CW, I’d like the Off-set group to be CCW adapters to provide additional thread to help counter the torque to loosen top screw.

Reactions: Ralphy
Thats the final design with 1mm shorter stub and the m3 interior

Check out this cool product! - V3.0 Yuneec Typhoon H480 stainless steel prop adap by ToCaMela on Shapeways

View attachment 8161
Ordered.

Doug, I'm not overly worried abt a millimeter or two; that's what washers are for. Also, offset is on an "every other", but only needed on two. And the need for offset varies, a LIT. Best to duck that issue by trimming the blades back a couple millimeters rather than toy with offsets.

Ordered.

Doug, I'm not overly worried abt a millimeter or two; that's what washers are for. Also, offset is on an "every other", but only needed on two. And the need for offset varies, a LIT. Best to duck that issue by trimming the blades back a couple millimeters rather than toy with offsets.
**** autocorrect. ... offset is NOT an "every other"... and it varies a LOT.

Ralphy, the M2 would be best, but looking at your pic and reviewing your diagram, either M2 or M3 would provide strength if the screw reached into the thicker base section. That would provide the anchoring strength for the top screw. As far as hieght; if Kris is mic’ing 7.4, to provide holding tension on screw I’d suggest 7mm.

Reguarding the base off-set... you previously experimented with 4mm? Did that suffice, or did I see a comment indicating blade impact with offset?

Since all the top screws will rotate CW, I’d like the Off-set group to be CCW adapters to provide additional thread to help counter the torque to loosen top screw.
Also, Doug.. I didn't want to shorten it more, so they can still be used with other props, like the Autels (just use a star lockwasher to help keep them on).

(sorry so many posts) geez...

These adapters are indestructible they will not shear bend or break, i have tried and they wont let me down. When using the carbon fiber stiff blades it will chop anything in its way.... trees, bushes etc. There is no base offset on these since its for the tri props and thats what kris requested.

Im confident the results will be good and will help advance your flight time.

Ordered.

nice thanks for the advice and support

Doug, remember to trim the blades just a bit, all around, to avoid touches. Doesn't take much. I think it was only 2mm or so.

Kris, I do plan on getting a 2 blade folding set, 3 blade folding set, and play with the OEM options too. Curious to experiment. You collected good data, enough to warrant purchasing & experiment.

What amount of tip are you trimming? I’m bouncing on off-set or no off-set.

On the center shaft, I’d prefer triming shaft if needed and reduce the components getting the tension through screw gap. Although that may not work, I don’t know the diameter of a button flange head on M3 screw.

Reading your new posts as I respond...
I agree, I’d rather have the post .5-2mm higher to allow fitting to any prop Hub. I assumed the tri-Hubs were thicker than most.. maybe bad assumption being aluminum.

Kris, I do plan on getting a 2 blade folding set, 3 blade folding set, and play with the OEM options too. Curious to experiment. You collected good data, enough to warrant purchasing & experiment.

What amount of tip are you trimming? I’m bouncing on off-set or no off-set.

On the center shaft, I’d prefer triming shaft if needed and reduce the components getting the tension through screw gap. Although that may not work, I don’t know the diameter of a button flange head on M3 screw.

Reading your new posts as I respond...
I agree, I’d rather have the post .5-2mm higher to allow fitting to any prop Hub. I assumed the tri-Hubs were thicker than most.. maybe bad assumption being aluminum.
I don't recall exact trim amount. I figured it by putting everything together on the H and seeing what max I needed to trim to avoid touch, added .5mm and made a jig with a Dremel cutter.

I don't know the flange size yet. Again, washer if needed.

Ralphy & Kris, if you measured 7.4, could it be made 8mm to allow trimming per User?

I’ll go with equal bases too. Easier to produce and track.

Kris, the H blades indicate 9.6 x 6.0. On Yuneec, is the 6 indicating angle? The DJI 9443 mean 9.4 length with 4.3 angle in inch pitch.

Last edited:
Based on a quick find on Maytech, 9x6... the angle is represented by 6. Although as a 6” pitch.

My question was the difference between Yuneec & DJI. It appears Yuneec is more aggressive blade. When using DJI, that would suggest a different force / lift at given rpm.

That would effect work, effecting motor temps (lower), decibels and performance. Did you notice a tamer / milder response on DJI props?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex