Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

Ralphy & Kris, if you measured 7.4, could it be made 8mm to allow trimming per User?

I’ll go with equal bases too. Easier to produce and track.

Kris, the H blades indicate 9.6 x 6.0. On Yuneec, is the 6 indicating angle? The DJI 9443 mean 9.4 length with 4.3 angle.
The oem props are 4.53", the Autels are 4.73". The tri-blades are 4.78" (all radius, not diameter, as my micrometer wont go beyond 6"). Means the OEM are 9" dia, not 9.6. The autels are 9.4" dia, and the triblades are larger than the indicated 9.4, at just under 9.6. In other words, don't believe numbers. Measure for yourself.

Trim Autels or folders down to the oem radius.

The second part (ex 43) indicates how far the propeller would move through the air per revolution, if no load. 4.3", etc. Based on that, one would think that the 60's are sharper angled than the 43's. Eyeballing them, the reverse is obvious. Here's a tri-blade, Autel and an oem (left to right) for comparison.
316a409656d1db73c81b2ed93b7d2393.jpg

Last edited:
Ralphy & Kris, if you measured 7.4, could it be made 8mm to allow trimming per User?

I’ll go with equal bases too. Easier to produce and track.

Kris, the H blades indicate 9.6 x 6.0. On Yuneec, is the 6 indicating angle? The DJI 9443 mean 9.4 length with 4.3 angle in inch pitch.
0.3089 inch =
7.846 millimeters

Ordered....
What was finalized on shaft height? 7.4 or 8mm
Thanks, thst was fun!
Order #2054657
Cool can't wait to see the results both of you get. Thanks

Hey what do you guys think of a tethered adapter for the h480 to fly indefinitely. I read on another thread they made one for the 520 that costs over 3k. Thought it may be a cool little expirment to make my own.

Interesting, hadn’t heard / read that yet. Off the top, I wonder about the weight with distance of the wire. Wouldn’t that need to be a good gauge to handle the elec draw.

I'm thinking more for surveillance or data gathering of traffic flow on highways or waterways. For news coverage it's perfect it would work similar to the fotokite drone CNN uses.

I'm thinking more for surveillance or data gathering of traffic flow on highways or waterways. For news coverage it's perfect it would work similar to the fotokite drone CNN uses.
Ya, I guessed too quickly... that does look how these are focused... news & traffic, etc.

Cool can't wait to see the results both of you get. Thanks

Hey what do you guys think of a tethered adapter for the h480 to fly indefinitely. I read on another thread they made one for the 520 that costs over 3k. Thought it may be a cool little expirment to make my own.

To avoid the problems of needing a higher gauge wire for the current, send it up as higher voltage (smaller gauge) and step it down on board. Would also want a battery on board the H that would allow enough juice to land in the event of a systems failure. You'd have to pack all that into a space that fits into the battery compartment. Not hard, just keep in mind.

On the ground, you'd need the power supply, a spool of cable (preferably at least 4-conductor - 2 for power, 2 for status) - and you'd not want that cable to be heavier than phone cord. You also need a means to auto-payout/retrieve that cable, but not pull on the aircraft more than gravity is going to make it. Various monitoring would be good too. You'd want to be able to suck the power from a car battery as well as from a socket, and it would have to be *certain* and *stable* - that means redundancy in your base station..

I'd be wary of motor temps, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphy
Wow... interesting the site took 23 orders between us too. Busier than I expected.

You’ve been playing with them for awhile, this is exciting to me. Particularly how receptive & quick Ralphy is to listening to new suggestions and put them to tooling. I thought it was a good idea, but just wasn’t certain on eng brake... we chatted and Ralphy introduced ver3. Very Cool!

Reactions: Ralphy
Ralphy, Do you (an others) remove and replace blades for transport or leave them secured for storage?

I have two H’s, one a year and a half old the other a year. In all that time I’ve never taken the props off of one, but replaced a set after an encounter with a tree with the other H. Same applied to the Chroma, they remained on the aircraft until it was boxed back up for transfer to the new owner.

Not one ever separated by itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz