Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Misrepresenting Product - Tried to help & argumentative

Perhaps the FNG[emoji4] is referring to me as I frequently mention people RTFM when they pose questions that have the answers in the FM;). Those kinds if questions happen a lot and cause me to think some may not want to read documentation, preferring to have others spend a lot of time and effort to spoon feed them every step of the way. That’s kind of an entitlement attitude that gives no respect for those doing all the work for them.

I’ll help anyone that is seriously trying to learn and do things for themselves. I work on the “give them a fish or teach them to fish” principle. I also like to have some fun along the way. The thin skinned may encounter a few scrapes and bruises they aren’t accustomed to dealing with, but I’m an equal opportunity type person. I can take what I give.

A story; I was running the engine shop for a UAV outfit when a new but experienced propulsion engineer was hired. Since the company had canned the department manager a few months before I sorta thought the FNG was intended to fill the slot. The FNG came into the shop one day and briefed me about all his engine experience, all of it with 4 stroke engines. We used 2 strokes.... So I tossed him an engine, showed him to a work bench and tool box, telling him to completely disassemble the engine and tell me what each part did and why. He learned how how much he didn’t know. I also took him on a field trip to a customer location for a couple days learning how the end product was used. He ended up being the best manager the department ever had. He got it a bit rough in the beginning but because of that...he understood and got really good at it. We all became better for it.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Perhaps the FNG[emoji4] is referring to me as I frequently mention people RTFM when they pose questions that have the answers in the FM;). Those kinds if questions happen a lot and cause me to think some may not want to read documentation, preferring to have others spend a lot of time and effort to spoon feed them every step of the way. That’s kind of an entitlement attitude that gives no respect for those doing all the work for them.

I’ll help anyone that is seriously trying to learn and do things for themselves. I work on the “give them a fish or teach them to fish” principle. I also like to have some fun along the way. The thin skinned may encounter a few scrapes and bruises they aren’t accustomed to dealing with, but I’m an equal opportunity type person. I can take what I give.

A story; I was running the engine shop for a UAV outfit when a new but experienced propulsion engineer was hired. Since the company had canned the department manager a few months before I sorta thought the FNG was intended to fill the slot. The FNG came into the shop one day and briefed me about all his engine experience, all of it with 4 stroke engines. We used 2 strokes.... So I tossed him an engine, showed him to a work bench and tool box, telling him to completely disassemble the engine and tell me what each part did and why. He learned how how much he didn’t know. I also took him on a field trip to a customer location for a couple days learning how the end product was used. He ended up being the best manager the department ever had. He got it a bit rough in the beginning but because of that...he understood and got really good at it. We all became better for it.

:rolleyes::oops: Hey, no names mentioned... but ya do reflect the characteristics described! LOL... ROFL... when I saw that one... I had a good idea whom was encountered. :mad: But, my short flashback recall was also true to form. All in good nature humor ya Ole' Crusty!

Ya, I can relate to your story. Similar to a few historical moments... one got a bit testy & physical and later became a close working tag-team.

I figured there'd be a comment soon... TaDah! Never disappoints in fish or hook!

I knew the bait was cast but responding was better than what I had been doing. Any break from yard clean up and trips to the dump is a good one:)

Based on what you wrote I have to include you; some of the places we’ve been would have RTFM as one of the more polite forms of a directive;)

I knew the bait was cast but responding was better than what I had been doing. Any break from yard clean up and trips to the dump is a good one:)

Based on what you wrote I have to include you; some of the places we’ve been would have RTFM as one of the more polite forms of a directive;)
Ya tried, but I enjoyed the debates to much to just let it settle.
And... you wouldn't do that to the one providing the compliment smoke! :p

And... I didn't lack the RTFM, knew it in-depth, I simply questioned the FM... inquizative is entertaining & thought provoking. :D

First rule of RTFM: Always question the FM, especially when you can prove it wrong[emoji106]

So how was I suppose to know that I should post my cgo4 questions on the FB 920 page and not here? Maybe someone that has a 920 and a 920+ is on this forum and hasn't spoken up. I removed that post since I'm suppose to ask it over there and not here. Besides there isn't a lot of action on the 920 page and I've got posts there that no one has responded to for weeks.
That sounds like a question for the FB group, or Yuneec CS.

I never said you couldn’t ask it here, just suggested a broader market. Whatcha think I am, a moderator, Indian Guide or something? Sheesh. Ask everywhere you think you could get an answer.

I tried finding a smiley with a crusty old fart chewing on a cigar but everything seems to be socially correct with no tobacco products so you’ll have to settle for this[emoji37]

Alternatively you could just throw a CGO-4 on both machines and see what happens. It might just work[emoji56]

And... I didn't lack the RTFM, knew it in-depth, I simply questioned the FM... inquizative is entertaining & thought provoking. :D
Way to many rtfm and fm's for me to know what's going on. Maybe I'll have to join the abbreviated army to figure out all the acronyms. Can we read the course manual?

So how was I suppose to know that I should post my cgo4 questions on the FB 920 page and not here? Maybe someone that has a 920 and a 920+ is on this forum and hasn't spoken up. I removed that post since I'm suppose to ask it over there and not here. Besides there isn't a lot of action on the 920 page and I've got posts there that no one has responded to for weeks.
I’ve been disappointed with the set of FB forums for 920. Not much chatter, and I personally find it frustrating to navigate.

I find the other Yuneec forum useful, not caliber of yuneecpilots but much better than FB. But I only have a bare minimal FB acct & profile... so it might be me.
H920 Hexacopter

It's not you, the FB pages do require a lot of navigation to peruse. FYI, I first started investigating the 920 a bit over two years ago and found just about anything I wanted to research was shotgunned and heavily fragmented across multiple web sites. Worse, there really wasn't all that much user generated info out there. One of the places I posted inquiries was the other Yuneec forum. What few responses I received back then were heavily weighted by people telling me not to go this direction, go DJI instead, but without providing reasons for that course of action. Later, after trying to resurrect the 920 threads most of what was received were complaints, looking more like an assassination attempt, providing almost no operational and performance information. A second observation indicated more people wanted play by play instructions on how to use different features but lacked any desire to actually understand how the system worked. Having an understanding of how the various components interacted would enable them to make better use of their system.

What I have noticed about most forums is that complaints, regardless of the product being discussed, seem to outnumber info and assistance posts by a pretty high ratio. Wading through the numerous complaint posts makes it difficult to locate performance information posts. Worse, those that try to provide assistance and enlightenment often find themselves engaged by others intent on being argumentative for one reason or another. This forum has it's fair share of that but we are doing a lot better with informative discussions in the 920 forums here. The only real problem is getting more owners/users in here willing to become actively involved. That may well be my fault but I've put too much effort in investigating the 920 and getting the 920 threads going again to change.

For me the 920 is an alternative to DJI, and in a way Yuneec as Yuneec pretty much screwed their customers with the 520 and has been slower than a tortoise on a cold winter day in developing new firmware or products. As the 920 and 920 Plus with their known issues are stable platforms, we don't need to question what might or might not be in the pipe for a later release. There won't be anything at all so my time is spent becoming better with what I have while looking for ways to improve stuff on my own. I've noted you've been doing similar.

With the 920 we either accept it as it is, finding it fits our individual needs, or we don't. We have to recognize that any improvements or alterations will be done by ourselves with no factory support.

Last edited:
I’ve been disappointed with the set of FB forums for 920. Not much chatter, and I personally find it frustrating to navigate.

I find the other Yuneec forum useful, not caliber of yuneecpilots but much better than FB. But I only have a bare minimal FB acct & profile... so it might be me.
H920 Hexacopter
I don't see any chatter on that forum. Kinda quit checking it. Is there anything happening in the EU or Germany for the 920? I'm hoping there's someone that can hack into the firmware. A girl can dream!

I never said you couldn’t ask it here, just suggested a broader market. Whatcha think I am, a moderator, Indian Guide or something? Sheesh. Ask everywhere you think you could get an answer.

I tried finding a smiley with a crusty old fart chewing on a cigar but everything seems to be socially correct with no tobacco products so you’ll have to settle for this[emoji37]

Alternatively you could just throw a CGO-4 on both machines and see what happens. It might just work[emoji56]
[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][/URL]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss