Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Missing Gimble Pieces? - Can someone please verify

Reaction score
Hello again folks....

I've had my H for about 2 weeks now and had fun flying it. I've been piloting her very "gingerly" as I learn how it works and feels, and so far...no crashes or hard landings (knock on wood)! I mention this because I just noticed last night that there were what looked like a couple of Gimble mounts missing. I've attached an image to show you what I am seeing, but before contacting Yuneec I thought I would ask if one of you could verify that they are indeed missing pieces? I'm sure I know the answer, but just sanity checking with this group. So if anyone could flip their "H" over and confirm for me whether there is 2 or 4 of these "Posts" then I will know where to go from there.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Missing Posts.jpg
    Missing Posts.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Hey Gyro108....thank you very much for the quick reply. I was wrong in my assumption...so glad that I asked here first!

Why is this? Ive noticed it on other gimbals too. Seems like you would want it on all 4 corners!?!

Hey Gregreh....I think it's weird too! I wonder if it's to allow for more "play" during flight, and keeping the shot steady? It's the only thing I can think.

From the couple of reports of crashes I've seen reported, 2 seems to be enough as it looks like they have made the top rail where it attaches to the H to be the expendable bit that saves the gimbal. Just guessing though.

Last edited:
These are just retainers for the rubber vibration dampeners . Two are good enough. Kinda like suspenders and a belt with more than two.lol

Just got my repair plate in today..
Part # YUNCG03P101..It is the part that holds the Camera and Gimbal to the Airframe
It has the Bottom Mount Plate and 4 gimbal mount Dampers included
No Instructions, but I will Call Yuneec when I get home...
Price $4,95 plus shipping

Thanks Atomic08...please let us know what they say. Super curious to know the full scoop!

two are normal...and i have flown my Gimbals 2 years without...its not really needed

They're just there to keep the camera attached if the rubber damper breaks or comes loose. 1 would risk the camera swinging, 2 holds it just right whereas 3 or 4 would perhaps inhibit the dampers from working and add unnecessary weight.

Reactions: eric bee
Tony..
I received some instructions from Yuneec..
I think they are vague and not explicit..
It said to "remove the damper cover and the four dampers"....
When I asked if they where two or four dampers to be replaced their reply was
"There are four dampers for the mount set"
I guess we will have to continue to rely on forum members who write in.
When I have time, I'll have to call and speak to some one at Yuneec to be sure !

Reactions: Goh
A couple of zip ties were my solution. And, are a great replacement for those posts. Just make sure you do not compress the rubber dampeners The gimble shoe snap on plate reduces the travel on the post clips, but for a $600-700 replacement for a lost or damaged camera go ahead and secure it properly. Or, risk having the weight of the camera/gimble hanging from control wires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval