Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor Status error codes

Thank you to everyone that has helped, will update as this progresses.

I understand that the motors wont start unless all arm,

My thoughts with moving the escs around on the controller board was to confirm the current non arming escs would arm with a known good one plugged into that position on the controller thus eliminating any fault with the actual controller

again thank you one and all for your help, I really dont want to junk it if its just a couple of ESCs

OK thanks for all the help everyone,

I have opened up the unit and was a little worried the main board may have been the issue as both failed ESC's came from the same side of the control board.

I managed to get one of the control cables from that side to reach a good ESC and unlike the original esc that the light kept flashing it went out indicating it armed so I believe the main board is good.

When pulling it apart I found the control cable had also been damage where someone had glued a broken arm at about mid point previously.

two damaged control cables seem to have taken out both ESC's

again thanks to all

one more question before I leave you in peace, What is the best way to repair the damaged arm while its apart.

I was thinking super glue to hold in position and then clean and sand the outside and use epoxy to reinforce

here is a picture of the damaged control cables

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_152754[1].jpg
    IMG_20210204_152754[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Cut, splice, solder, and tape them if there is enough length. If not, splice in an extra length of wire. That one brown wire looks like the wire is about gone. Remember to twist the wires after making the repair to reduce the EMI.

What is the best way to repair the damaged arm while its apart.
It depends on where the arm is broken.
If the break is out on the straight part of the arm, cut a strip from an aluminum can. Shape it to fit inside the broken arm. Use epoxy to glue it in. For the arm parts that do not have wires running inside, you can just use pieces of small rod or wire epoxied inside.
If the break is where the arm joins at the motor pod, it becomes a matter of fitting it correctly and using epoxy to hold it. Embed some thin wire if you have room.
Roughen the surface with sandpaper to give the epoxy a good grip.

Generally, I used tape or hot glue on the outside to hold things in place while I work, do the real work on the inside, then remove the tape/hot glue.

@Hawkie and @WTFDproject,

Great job working together guys! I love seeing how this forum works when members stick with a problem and resolve it without spending days to correspond and work the problem.

@Hawkie, I commend you for being forthright about the issues and taking heed of the suggestions. I wish more that seek help would follow your lead.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I commend you for being forthright about the issues and taking heed of the suggestions. I wish more that seek help would follow your lead.

I have been around long enough in this life and have tried to help people with issues, it gets very hard when questions are ignored or only half information is provided and be becomes like pulling teeth.

I fly RC planes, electric, Nitro and Petrol, but never touched a drone of this level before so delving into the unknown as its far more complex and not being able to mix and match spare parts is a pain.

The help here has been fantastic and great thanks to all and especially WTFDproject for his patience when I confused things with the blue led and the link to the testing GUI.

Update
after finding and getting two used ESCs from Haydn, arrived today and fitted.

all light come on as they should but sadly it looks like I have wasted my time and money as the ESCs still fail to initialize.

We’re you able to get through the assignment in the GUI and they still don’t work?

Update
after finding and getting two used ESCs from Haydn, arrived today and fitted.

all light come on as they should but sadly it looks like I have wasted my time and money as the ESCs still fail to initialize.
If you lived in Florida we could possibly help you in person?

You could pick him up in the Citation. He is in Australia. ?

We’re you able to get through the assignment in the GUI and they still don’t work?
No the ESCs still fail the initialization test in the GUI, cant be assigned, just come up all red after a couple of seconds.

On turn on, all of The ESCs have the two little blue LEDs,
one comes on solid,
the second flashes for a second and then goes out.

just in case it has some importance, I still have the GPS unplugged and the top off.

I have given it a good go and taken a chance to fix it and thank every one for their input and help but I think its time to say this Q500 is not going to fly again.

thanks for the offer, we are far far away in the great South Land, (South Australia)

Reactions: AH-1G
The system only works in the prescribed order. If ESC #1 does not generate the proper signal, it shows all four as a fail. It might be worth swapping another ESC to the #1 motor to see if you can get it to pass the test. It's also possible one of the ESC wires (the brown one) going to Motor #1 is bad.
Note "ESC#1" does not have to be the real ESC #1. It refers to the display. You can spin any motor in any order to see which ones fail. You just have to remember to clean up the mess by doing things in the correct order before flight.

The system only works in the prescribed order. If ESC #1 does not generate the proper signal,
OK the 3 small wires that come from the Main board to the ESC 1 are the ones that had been damaged about mid way along the arm.
It was ESC 1 and 4 I have replaced

I have done a resistance check on the 3 wires between the connection on the mainboard and the ESC plug and they check out fine.

I then plugged the ESC control lead from 1 into into ESC 4 and it still failed, I then plugged the control line into ESC 3 and again it failed the test.

At this point I believe the main board has been damaged by the short from these damaged wires.

I am not prepared to spend anymore $$ on it, so I may try to sell it as parts if I cant find a crashed one that still fires up.

I understand your frustration. But there is one more way to see if ANY of the ESCs are working.
The mainboard does not know which wire leads to which ESC or which motor. All come together as a single pin on the CPU chip. What each ESC does, is send a digital code when the motor is spun. If the GUI is telling you to spin motor #1, it is really only waiting to see what code comes in, and then it assigns that code AS motor #1, regardless of which motor you gave a spin. For testing purposes, you can spin ANY motor as the first motor. If it works, spin ANY OTHER motor as the second. If the second motor does NOT assign, start everything over, and choose an untested motor as the first.

But there is one more way to see if ANY of the ESCs are working.
The mainboard does not know which wire leads to which ESC or which motor. All come together as a single pin on the CPU chip. What each ESC does, is send a digital code when the motor is spun. If the GUI is telling you to spin motor #1, it is really only waiting to see what code comes in, and then it assigns that code AS motor #1

Thats very sneaky

tried assigning each motor one at a time as #1 and it fails on every motor regardless of which motor is spun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval