Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor

is it binding when turned by hand, or not powering up?
If not powering up, possible wire disconnected at the motor or on the ESC.
How bad was the crash damage?

Is that a statement, or a question? You need to provide the forum members more information when posting or they have no idea what you want.
Was a question. I tightened the props like I usually do brought the drone up to about 10-15 feet and the prop just flew off in the snow at about the same time the drone landed upside down in soft snow. Put the prop back on and started what seemed to be fine. Tried to lift it back off the ground and just flipped. Re-started and same outcome. 3rd time brought it up 100 feet and set follow me mode on and started walking. 2 minutes into my walk and see it falling out of the sky. Next day started all 4 props, shut it off and re-started, only 3 props turning. So longer story short been playing with this drone for a week now and 80% of the time the LH front prop won't start with the others. Spins by hand fine no funny stiffness or anything. Any solution would be great. Thanks

Was a question. I tightened the props like I usually do brought the drone up to about 10-15 feet and the prop just flew off in the snow at about the same time the drone landed upside down in soft snow. Put the prop back on and started what seemed to be fine. Tried to lift it back off the ground and just flipped. Re-started and same outcome. 3rd time brought it up 100 feet and set follow me mode on and started walking. 2 minutes into my walk and see it falling out of the sky. Next day started all 4 props, shut it off and re-started, only 3 props turning. So longer story short been playing with this drone for a week now and 80% of the time the LH front prop won't start with the others. Spins by hand fine no funny stiffness or anything. Any solution would be great. Thanks
No damage other than the camera popped out of the rubber shocks.
I'm new to the forum and with my drone so please bear with me ty.

Reactions: Murray Martz
is it binding when turned by hand, or not powering up?
If not powering up, possible wire disconnected at the motor or on the ESC.
How bad was the crash damage?
It doesn't seem to bind when I spin it by hand but seems like it tries to start same time as other props but don't even make half a turn and get emergency displayed on the controller. As for damage I don't think there is any other than snow maybe. It landed in about 4 feet of powder snow.

It doesn't seem to bind when I spin it by hand but seems like it tries to start same time as other props but don't even make half a turn and get emergency displayed on the controller. As for damage I don't think there is any other than snow maybe. It landed in about 4 feet of powder snow.
Most likely this is an ESC failure. You can download the GUI from Yuneec and install it on your pc. Then connect the Q500 to your pc and it will run diagnostics on the Q. It should show you what is malfunctioning. You can also run the motors individually with the GUI.

Most likely this is an ESC failure. You can download the GUI from Yuneec and install it on your pc. Then connect the Q500 to your pc and it will run diagnostics on the Q. It should show you what is malfunctioning. You can also run the motors individually with the GUI.
Thank you very much. I'll give that a try over the weekend and let you know.

So I just hooked my drone to my work laptop and the LH front motor doesn't turn at all while clicking on the prop picture on the laptop. The white light under the motor flashes fast that's it. Other 3 motors turn and sound nice.

So I just hooked my drone to my work laptop and the LH front motor doesn't turn at all while clicking on the prop picture on the laptop. The white light under the motor flashes fast that's it. Other 3 motors turn and sound nice.
Sounds like a bad motor. If the ESC was bad it would normally turn red showing the error.

Just for giggles, you could try to do the ESC assignment. Just make sure you turn the motors in the direction shown in the GUI.

Just for giggles, you could try to do the ESC assignment. Just make sure you turn the motors in the direction shown in the GUI.
Ok just tried that same outcome. White light flashes under motor but motor doesn't turn and the #1 motor on the laptop screen turns from green to yellow like the rest.

Ok just tried that same outcome. White light flashes under motor but motor doesn't turn and the #1 motor on the laptop screen turns from green to yellow like the rest.
Next question. What's my next step to get this working again. I just bought this new from Best Buy on Boxing day of 2017, how would I find out if I still have warranty??

Next question. What's my next step to get this working again. I just bought this new from Best Buy on Boxing day of 2017, how would I find out if I still have warranty??
It should have a 1 yr warranty but you need the receipt. The motor is a $20 part as listed above and about an hour to change it if you are good with soldering.

Are you good a soldering?

Is it in warranty?
Lol. Not really but I know someone that is so that's not a big deal I guess. Not sure how much warranty it came with. I'd have to check my email. Another question while I got you here. Where would I find a motor and I guess it has to turn the right way like it would have to be an A motor I'm guessing??

Lol. Stupid phone. I'm finding your answers almost before I ask them. I'm scrolling up and seeing you answered my question before It went though. Thank you very much. You've been very helpful. If you have any questions on small engines like ATVS or Snowmobiles I'd be happy to try and help you. Thanks again.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ha.........let us know how you make out.
2007 Polaris Ranger 700XP with tracks and I just had it out in the snow a few hours ago to work on a radio repeater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold