Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MSDS sheets for Battery

Reaction score
Hello Pilots, I'm trying to ship my typhoon 480 home via FEDEX. In order to get the proper label They say I need a MSDS on the battery so they can further assist me. I tried contacting Yuneec several times. You have to set up an appointment to discuss their drone, and the live chat always say that there is no one available to chat. So I'm reaching out to you all. HELP!!!!!

Hello Pilots, I'm trying to ship my typhoon 480 home via FEDEX. In order to get the proper label They say I need a MSDS on the battery so they can further assist me. I tried contacting Yuneec several times. You have to set up an appointment to discuss their drone, and the live chat always say that there is no one available to chat. So I'm reaching out to you all. HELP!!!!!
Google a label and print it.

Here is one for Venom batteries -
Lithium Polymer Battery Safety Data Sheet - PDF

FYI - MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheet) are now called SDS's (Safety Data Sheet). Typically they are on 8.5 x 11 paper and roughlt 10+ pages long.

I have never received a new replacement battery with an SDS. They need to be available upon request from the supplier. Typically the only requirement for shipping is the hazard label for the battery.

Examples of hazard labels -
battery hazard label - Google Search

I would think Fed-X should know this and be able to provide labels.

The person or company (shipper/sender) providing a hazardous or otherwise regulated material (ORM) to be shipped is legally required to provide all HazMat paperwork to the carrier for it be immediately available during the period the material is in transit. The carrier (USPS, FedEx, etc) is supposed to refuse carriage of regulated materials that lack the required paperwork.

With all the clamor by our government, IATA, and the U.N. to more tightly regulate carriage of lipos I’m a bit surprised they haven’t been getting delivered with an MSDS. The carriers might be getting them but the shippers are not putting copies in every box for the consumers. Manufacturers/shippers are supposed to make them available upon request though.

Here is one for Venom batteries -
Lithium Polymer Battery Safety Data Sheet - PDF

FYI - MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheet) are now called SDS's (Safety Data Sheet). Typically they are on 8.5 x 11 paper and roughlt 10+ pages long.

I have never received a new replacement battery with an SDS. They need to be available upon request from the supplier. Typically the only requirement for shipping is the hazard label for the battery.

Examples of hazard labels -
battery hazard label - Google Search

I would think Fed-X should know this and be able to provide labels.
The PDF version includes Yuneec batteries. They are lower on the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaduke