Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My First Drone Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hello Pilots! I am pleased to be joining your distinguished group of Airmen. My name is Al and my user name Airyal. I live on the north shore of Long Island--Oyster Bay--which is great for sailing but not for drone flight. Because the population is dense there are not many wide open spaces, fields, etc. so I will probably go to eastern Long Island to begin flying. I have a small video production studio and shoot and edit my own vids. I am excited about getting ariel footage. I am a fan of youtube guru David Cox whose videography of Cape Cod has inspired me.
I have been advised that the Typhoon H is not a great bird for a novice, however I will not rush into advanced flying but will take some baby steps in learning and become proficient with "angle mode" before attempting anything too exciting. There is much to learn about managing all the different nuances and technical features built in to the H so I'll be posting questions--I hope not too dumb-- on the forum. I will share my first flight impressions in a future post. If any members are near Oyster Bay, NY give a shout.

Reactions: brianpk
Welcome to YuneecPilots and I’m sure you will find the forum of great value as a source of information. We look forward to your videos. Just post the link to your YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, etc. where your video is stored.

Welcome aboard, Here's a PDF manual for the H if you do not already have one.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Not to worry. I can out dumb anyone on the forum.[emoji27]
Hello Pilots! I am pleased to be joining your distinguished group of Airmen. My name is Al and my user name Airyal. I live on the north shore of Long Island--Oyster Bay--which is great for sailing but not for drone flight. Because the population is dense there are not many wide open spaces, fields, etc. so I will probably go to eastern Long Island to begin flying. I have a small video production studio and shoot and edit my own vids. I am excited about getting ariel footage. I am a fan of youtube guru David Cox whose videography of Cape Cod has inspired me.
I have been advised that the Typhoon H is not a great bird for a novice, however I will not rush into advanced flying but will take some baby steps in learning and become proficient with "angle mode" before attempting anything too exciting. There is much to learn about managing all the different nuances and technical features built in to the H so I'll be posting questions--I hope not too dumb-- on the forum. I will share my first flight impressions in a future post. If any members are near Oyster Bay, NY give a shout.

Thanks to all for welcome. I should have some first attempt videos to post soon.
A couple of Battery questions: Which are recommended for replacement?
Ultrax 4s 6300 mAH; Typhoon Power 4; Venom 7300 mAH? Should I invest in a 4-bay charger?

thanks again,
Airyal

Batteries are getting sparse now, all those batteries are good if you find them, 3rd party charger really needed to charge and capable of storage mode, and measuring Internal resistance is a must, it will give you a good idea of what's happening to the batteries health.

Thanks to all for welcome. I should have some first attempt videos to post soon.
Ultrax 4s 6300 mAH; Typhoon Power 4; Venom 7300 mAH? Should I invest in a 4-bay charger?

thanks again,
Airyal
Do not invest in that venom 4 bay I had one, charger is crap!!!! get a DY3.
the battery you mention is ok, I have one of those also.

Last edited:
Thanks to AH-1G and Mrgs1 for advice. I'll avoid the Venom and go for the UlTrax and Dy3s.

thanks again,
Airyal
I would always advise to get the Power 4 batteries if you can get one. Another one is the Gify 8050mAh but the Gifi has had some mixed reviews: I can only say that the one Gifi 8050 I have has performed well so far averaging between 17 and 18 minutes in normal flight and conditions (this from a small sample of just 3 flights so far though).

I have several older Power 4 batteries that are all over 3.5 years old with loads of flights on them and, although I don't get so long in the air with them these days, they are still good to fly.

Thank you Flush Vision. I'll give them a try. It is clear from the posts that having a sufficient number of quality batteries at hand is paramount to drone flight.

Thank you Flush Vision. I'll give them a try. It is clear from the posts that having a sufficient number of quality batteries at hand is paramount to drone flight.
It's nice to have a few available when your flying, I find when you land, you want to put another battery in and take off again, you never seem to want to stop when your having a good session.

I would say that a hobby pilot should have at least 3 batteries at his/her disposal to make a flying session worthwhile. I know that there are some pilots who only have one battery but I don't see the point of going through all the set-up buggering about just for one 10 to 15 minute flight then packing up for the day...well, not regularly anyway. When I go for a fly I never go with less than two batteries at minimum, but often more. I have 8 batteries at my disposal but then I do some commercial flying too so I need those extra batteries...nothing worse than doing a job for a client and not being able to complete it on the day because of a lack of batteries, not that I've ever needed all of my batteries on one day so far.

More batteries for the aircraft may necessitate an extra battery for the ST16 too. The battery for the ST16 is good for 5 flights at best (safer 4) so if you get more flight batteries and are looking to do more than 4 flights (five maximum) in one day you will need to look to finding that power for the controller...a second battery for it or a power bank.

I would say that a hobby pilot should have at least 3 batteries at his/her disposal to make a flying session worthwhile. I know that there are some pilots who only have one battery but I don't see the point of going through all the set-up buggering about just for one 10 to 15 minute flight then packing up for the day...well, not regularly anyway. When I go for a fly I never go with less than two batteries at minimum, but often more. I have 8 batteries at my disposal but then I do some commercial flying too so I need those extra batteries...nothing worse than doing a job for a client and not being able to complete it on the day because of a lack of batteries, not that I've ever needed all of my batteries on one day so far.

More batteries for the aircraft may necessitate an extra battery for the ST16 too. The battery for the ST16 is good for 5 flights at best (safer 4) so if you get more flight batteries and are looking to do more than 4 flights (five maximum) in one day you will need to look to finding that power for the controller...a second battery for it or a power bank.
I do like this guy's regime, how he carries it well. At least he's got plenty of batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval