Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H FPVLR KIT 9,000ft + and video

My concern is, how easy is it to take on and off? The FPVLR's seem like simple twist ons that can be unscrewed and placed possibly where the landing gears go, but the DBS looks huge... is there room in the case for it?
I'm itching to buy one or the other so I hope we can see a comparison soon :)
The DBS Just twists on off too same way, it is not that big and is light. Only difference is you clamp it onto edge of controller with rubber protective clamp. There is plenty room in the case! You cannot put the ST 16 with FPVLR antenna in either without removing them, they are alittle smaller, but not much as you have two pieces. Your choice M8 ! Both are good ! Right Harvey! LOL !;)

Reactions: HarveyC
Thanks DC! Yea I figured both styles would need to be taken off and put back on every time. Good to know that the DBS will fit in the case no problem.

Reactions: DroneClone
I am not a salesman for itelite-DBS or in anyways affiliated with them, but for "LESS" money you will fair better in all dimensions with a DBS. I have both for my P4, and in same location have tried both in same weather conditions. Nothing personal Peter, but just my experience! So unless FPVLR has a magic wand difference over Yuneec than DBS, I'll save money in me thin wallet !;)

How about the range of P4 when using the DBS?
Could you please share photo(s) about the P4 remote with DBS?

that is not the case with none of the drones actually.
You can read here an independent review on Inspire one
Looks like the FPVLR does more than the DBS also on DJI Lightbridge drones
Stock to FPVLR to DBS antenna mod comparison.

Plus it's just mathematical calculation.

the 5.8GHz DBS is only 8dBi linear polarized
the 5.8Ghz FPVLR is 10dBi (tested 10.04dBi in anechoic chamber) LHCP

the 5.8GHz inside the CG03+ camera is LHCP

so you have to take 3dB loss from the DBS 8dBi because of polarization mismatch (it's linear polarized)

8-3 is 5dBi

with 10dBi LHCP you are almost doubling the range of the DBS. You need 6dB to double the range so 5dB will give almost double vs the DBS... simple math and RF engineering basic 101
Well Tony, you buy your own FPVLR's and fly your little heart off, I have a DBS and a FPVLR for my P4 and just received yesterday both yesterday for my H and both platforms fly 20% farther and better video feed with the DBS. This is a fact that I have proven for myself with my units, I don't care what you get or John or Mary get down the road. It is just my personal experience. Now John and Mary down the road my get better with your extender and the is good, more power to them. I am sticking with what gives me the best overall performance and that is DBS, by a long shot! I've learned as a Mechanical Engineer, that numbers on paper as soon proven unreliable in reality!;)

P4? how about 10+ miles and still near perfect video with a production unit by a customer....
a couple guys are soon going for 20km one way flight, that's 12-13miles .. who needs more than that?
I do not want your antenna, nor DBS antennas for distance, I fly FAA 333 and abide by their regulations, whether I feel they are right or wrong, What I want is BETTER feed in both short range video and signal feeds, Stop trying to prove yourself to me. I have already done that for myself. Tell you what! Fly to my location in rural Texas with a P4 and a H and fly side by side with your drones against my DBS and our drones with no other mods , not nothing but yours vs my choice ! Bring your engineers and you camera men, and when the dust settles, we will all see the FACTS ! I have nothing against your products whatsoever, they just do not work for me in my location and my needs as well as a DBS! So if you feel like you have to prove to everyone on this forum you have a superior product, COME ON DOWN !

in this case you have numbers not on paper but real numbers, so far I've read 5 real comparisons and all of them FPVLR has trumped the DBS on the Typhoon H. More will come soon!, 3 customers have already reported more than 2 miles to me via email... so the real world numbers are pretty alined with math....
Maybe they do work better for you or others Tony, I really am glad for you and your business if they do, and if you can sell them and make a great profit for yourself , that is a good thing ! ,How long does it take to shake it out of your mind, that for ME, get it ME, it does not work better!, I am sorry it doesn't, because if it did, I would be one of your customers, and write a good review for you !. But for ME, it does not satisfy my needs. Stop trying to sell yourself and prove yourself to me on this forum, Sell to the other 100's of members on this forum, and I wish you success in your endeavor, as long as my friends on here are satisfied with your product, I will be happy for them!
Don't waste your time with me on your sales pitching, as I am already a Happy Man!:D

It might work well for you, but it won't work well for the majority of people who try both systems, as numbers are proving so far ( you said we should go by numbers). So what I am asking is if someone has both and they can go further with the FPVLR on their H, why continue to try and discourage what works better for them? Just saying it goes both ways.
I have been all along Tony ! apparently you are to bound up in proving yourself to others by blasting me and trying to prove me wrong, to stop and smell the roses of what I have been stating from the beginning. Best of Success ! Find another satisfied DBS customer to sell your product on. I learned from my grandfather years ago to never catch yourself in a debate with a carpetbagger, And I just realized I am being sucked in my one!, But not anymore !

Hi, I just got my H finally delivered, got only 800ft range, where is the Amazon link to get the FPVLR antennas I saw before? They were cheaper than on the FPVLR website
Just type in Google - Amazon-FPVLR, it's right in there!

Ordered this one yesterday morn, and shipped yesterday afternoon... After a lot of research, thought this was the best for me.
[LINK REMOVED]
Good luck and happy flying..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NewPilot
I only got 961ft so I ordered the DBS..it will look slick on my st16. I just don't like the look of the fpvlr.

I have a YouTube channel and I've been doing the several videos I'm going to post more later with the stock antennas I did about 3800 feet over water with no obstructions in between and with the fpv LR kit I did over 9000 feet got to my destination and turned around I have yet to actually test its limits if anyone is wondering about the lag no matter what you're at least going to get about an eighth of a second lag check out my videos on YouTube. Peter piontkowski
I liked your video Typhoon H swanp survey , just where were you at in the swamp.,just wanted to know because I have spent a lot of years in the Miccosukee area off hwy 41 on the way to Miami. I used to own an Airboat. Anyway I am in Naples.

I get mine tomorrow. I'll respond back with what I see. Here in LA I was getting video drop out at under 1000ft with clear LOS.

Reactions: DroneClone
I don't own either so can speak neutrally on the looks and connections. This is just my opinion on that aspect.
Of course I am going by reviews and watching people use them in videos since I have never seen either in person.

What I have seen from FPVLR is a very cool antenna with a really crappy shaft on it. Looks poor, especially for the money. One guy just posted a video on how he added shrink tubing around them to help. On the control one he even added some cut plastic zip ties in between to stiffen it up. For as expensive as those are the shaft should be a LOT better. I don't like that offset, kind of just sticking out, design.I would like to see some type of stiff tube, something other than just shrink wrap around the cable. Looks homemade, not commercial.

The DBS looks more professional and solid. It is big but if I used any replacement antenna I will put the ST16 in the case another way so I would not have remove them. The DBS does look bad ***. and bad *** is important! That is why I dislike the phantom's, they are ugly! i:)i

Of course bad *** has to work and they seem to work about equal from all of my reading so I may buy one just for fun to help the video signal. I honestly know that I probably don't need it but this is for fun and adding weird antennas is fun! i:) i

I am leaning towards the DBS unless data comes along that something else is a LOT better. i:)i
Actually the more I think about it, maybe just getting the one Ming Lou used for his tests would be cool, that was impressive and he only needed the video replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: VortexRing
Unless you have access to NASA's equipment, you are going to have some lag in video downlink. I do not care if you install a 20 foot dish to use, there is and always will be some lag.
What ever antenna system you install on your ST-16 may give you more range with a solid video link, but it will not remove the lag.
OK I will get off my soap box now.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
The DBS does look bad ***. and bad *** is important! That is why I dislike the phantom's, they are ugly! i:)i

Haha I completely agree! While P4 has amazing features, it is hideous. Same old boring design IMO. Yeah.. appearance IS everything to me when it comes to drone. I chose DBS for the same reason. It looks better on my ST16.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix