Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H+ just flew away using 750 firmware! Can't find drone anywhere! **Now with updated Telemetry***

hopefully someone will reply to you you can try to go onto YouTube and type in
Buelle typhoon h plus.
then go to comments and ask him your question he is very knowledgeable tell him your situation perhaps he can help you if not I'm sure someone will.

Keith, My Youtube channel name is Buelle109 and I am he, we are one in the same. ;)

Reactions: JackMTaco
Was controller GPS indicator green or red? The indicator will turn green when acquired 12 gps and greater that’s when I take off.

Jack, I just wrote a post in another thread mentioning this very thing. Post 20 in This Thread

I am seeing that; at times, the connection process is slower than others. One thing I do before every flight is wait for 'Take Off Location Recorded' and make sure that when changing the flight mode from say - Angle to Sport, that the messages appear on the ST-16s.

Before the first 20 flights or so I relied on the satellites connected but now I look for those messages as well and they usually come after the sats are acquired.
Thanks Ty. Before, I always waited for it to display "take off location recorded" before I proceeded with motor start. Usually that would be after about min & 30 seconds or sooner. This one sat there for 6 mins and after both the drone (17 sats) and controller (10/11 sats) acquired GPS, I still never received "Takeoff Location Recorded". It is nighttime now and raining but tomorrow I will let it sit outside again and see what happens. Is anyone else running Build 757 that has this issue?

Thanks Ty. Before, I always waited for it to display "take off location recorded" before I proceeded with motor start. Usually that would be after about min & 30 seconds or sooner. This one sat there for 6 mins and after both the drone (17 sats) and controller (10/11 sats) acquired GPS, I still never received "Takeoff Location Recorded". It is nighttime now and raining but tomorrow I will let it sit outside again and see what happens. Is anyone else running Build 757 that has this issue?

Didn’t someone else say that they tied a tether to their H or H+. I think it might of actually been in this thread or one similar to this one. I know it’s not the most ideal solution, and awkward to say the least (I’ve considered it in the past), but it’s an option until you’re more confident in this bird. I can’t recall not seeing this recorded, but did notice the last time I flew that the system didn’t notify me of the home position until I had started the motors and was taking off. I did however notice that after the 750 update, there were more Sats showing than I had ever seen previously. Hope this helps in some way and glad you got a new H+ to get you back up in the air, even as stressful as it may seem. Good luck with it.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Didn’t someone else say that they tied a tether to their H or H+. I think it might of actually been in this thread or one similar to this one. I know it’s not the most ideal solution, and awkward to say the least (I’ve considered it in the past), but it’s an option until you’re more confident in this bird. I can’t recall not seeing this recorded, but did notice the last time I flew that the system didn’t notify me of the home position until I had started the motors and was taking off. I did however notice that after the 750 update, there were more Sats showing than I had ever seen previously. Hope this helps in some way and glad you got a new H+ to get you back up in the air, even as stressful as it may seem. Good luck with it.
Yup, I tied a tether line to my H+ after the rash of fly-aways after a FW update. Used a 25 foot line of 1/8" nylon cord. Was not an issue for the H+ and eliminated my concerns until I was confident that I had no issues due to the FW update. I left plenty of slack in the tether line so if the H+ did act up, the event would be obvious. I'm a little slow regarding confidence in that I flew the H+ through 3 batteries before I removed the tether :rolleyes:

I had encountered a similar problem after an update, impossible to take off with yet the complete satellites.
I had redo the installation or passed to the higher version, I do not remember.
By cons I maintain that the facilities do not always go well, and sometimes it is essential to start again.
New update

I didn't want to start a new thread but let me know if I should. So I received my new replacement drone today from Yuneec. I charged my batteries, upgraded the firmware (still had 652) to 757. Calibrated everything twice. Let it sit out side for 20 mins for GPS for both the controller and the unit. Turned off everything and turned everything back on starting with controller first. Then once booted, started the drone. Everything immediately acquired SATs (10 on the STS16, 17 on the Drone) but one thing I'm missing that I used to have before was the notification the "Takeoff Location Recorded" I don't see that and I'm scared to take off because I don't see it.

All settings are as followed;

- Controller set to Angle mode
- OBS is off
- Manual is off
- RTL set to Home Takeoff Location

Because I have lost faith in my drone from this previous flyway, I am concerned that it not showing the Home Location Recorded indicator like it normally would after acquiring enough SATs has me worried about doing a motor start. Any recommendations?

there is a topic on the 757
Updated Firmware: BUILD757-20180906
I advise to redo the installation

there is a topic on the 757
Updated Firmware: BUILD757-20180906
I advise to redo the installation

Thanks, I posted in there the same question.

I went ahead and armed the motors to see if I could get the notification to show and it didn't. Still afraid to take off with it since it's not showing the notification of the Takeoff Location Recorded. Think I may factory reset the controller and put 652 back on it.

Last edited:
@JackMTaco have a look at this photo. This is a snapshot of the history notes section from a quick flight I just did in the back yard. You can see how the notes progress from the moment the aircraft is booted up till it is turned off. The order of the notes here is what I see every time with a slight exception, In this case, I held the throttle stick all the way to the bottom to shut off the motors - that is the 'Mag #0 Fail' and 'MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION'. It will look different if you shut down with the red button. Also note on the left: the first note is where the aircraft first connects with the controller and starts to go through its progress. After the first 'Current Take Off Point Recorded' you see where I manually flick the mode switch to confirm the flight modes concur with what I see on the screen and on the lights off the aircraft to confirm. There are times when I have to a wait a bit longer for this last piece to happen. There is also a second 'Current Take Off Point Recorded' after motor start and before lift off.

Also Note: There are no notes made during the flight and even though this was just a 26 second flight, this is also normal on full duration flights.

As a test, turn on just the controller and open the notes and delete all the history (this does not delete any telemetry files). Then after the controller is on for a minute or so, boot up the aircraft and let it sit for say three minutes then tun off the aircraft while leaving the controller on. Once the aircraft is off pull up your history notes and compare, would like to see what you have.

One FLight.jpg

@JackMTaco have a look at this photo. This is a snapshot of the history notes section from a quick flight I just did in the back yard. You can see how the notes progress from the moment the aircraft is booted up till it is turned off. The order of the notes here is what I see every time with a slight exception, In this case, I held the throttle stick all the way to the bottom to shut off the motors - that is the 'Mag #0 Fail' and 'MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION'. It will look different if you shut down with the red button. Also note on the left: the first note is where the aircraft first connects with the controller and starts to go through its progress. After the first 'Current Take Off Point Recorded' you see where I manually flick the mode switch to confirm the flight modes concur with what I see on the screen and on the lights off the aircraft to confirm. There are times when I have to a wait a bit longer for this last piece to happen. There is also a second 'Current Take Off Point Recorded' after motor start and before lift off.

Also Note: There are no notes made during the flight and even though this was just a 26 second flight, this is also normal on full duration flights.

As a test, turn on just the controller and open the notes and delete all the history (this does not delete any telemetry files). Then after the controller is on for a minute or so, boot up the aircraft and let it sit for say three minutes then tun off the aircraft while leaving the controller on. Once the aircraft is off pull up your history notes and compare, would like to see what you have.

View attachment 11434
Ty, when I get home I'm trying your test and will post shortly. I moved my response over to the 757 build thread where I recently posted pictures of my history.

Last edited:

Ty, I turned on controller first, cleared history. Waited for controller to acquire sats, turned on drone, let it sit for 4 mins, then powered off drone.... Here's the history log, there's nothing after the load more fyi. I'm going to factory reset and flash 652 back on it and try it again because this seems never ending.

Screenshot_2018-09-18-14-04-51.png

I went out and set up my H+ to test after a flight shortly before. The second I started it it shot almost stair up was acting erratic, i thought it was gone I managed to get it to descend thought I was getting lucky at right around 5 to 6 foot from the ground it shot off horizontally strait at the trailer across the street started to curve as if to avoid it but no luck it smashed right into the corner end of trailer. Total bummed it snapped all the wires on the c23 and snapped one of the landing retractors at the buckle and broke a couple blades...... I'm in a panic yes but I don't know what I'd do if it just flew away. WOW know even when its fixed I'm going to be afraid to even start it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy