Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H+ just flew away using 750 firmware! Can't find drone anywhere! **Now with updated Telemetry***

If we extrapolate the takeoff point and the last known position, and we draw a line 8.5 km long, which corresponds to an average speed of 30km/h and 17 minutes of autonomy, we could deduce a cone of possible deviation and a circle of research, it is very important, but it would have to start with the center
1535992521534.jpeg

Last edited:
When a Plus is turned off or loses power - the last frame of video is held on the ST-16s screen - can we Plus owners agree? So we have this evidence as it was posted by the OP and I used it to correlate with the last telemetry position and the photographic evidence seems to prove that they match. Also looking at the telemetry, we can see the heading of 115 degrees also matches the line of site from the camera when we view it from above in the Google maps images, also the aircraft was maintaining this heading and speed for seconds before power off. Once power is off the aircraft is coming down along the last flight path allowing for wind and at a distance allowing for initial velocity.

So we know where it was when it lost power, we know direction and speed when it lost power do we not? I propose the search area would more likely be near the power off point and be in the last known direction. I think the search area might be more like this.

SR2.jpg

This is where power off occurred as this was on the screen over thirty minutes later as the OP kept the ST-16S powered on.

FlyWay.jpg

Reactions: AeroJ
When a Plus is turned off or loses power - the last frame of video is held on the ST-16s screen - can we Plus owners agree? So we have this evidence as it was posted by the OP and I used it to correlate with the last telemetry position and the photographic evidence seems to prove that they match. Also looking at the telemetry, we can see the heading of 115 degrees also matches the line of site from the camera when we view it from above in the Google maps images, also the aircraft was maintaining this heading and speed for seconds before power off. Once power is off the aircraft is coming down along the last flight path allowing for wind and at a distance allowing for initial velocity.

So we know where it was when it lost power, we know direction and speed when it lost power do we not? I propose the search area would more likely be near the power off point and be in the last known direction. I think the search area might be more like this.

View attachment 11175

This is where power off occurred as this was on the screen over thirty minutes later as the OP kept the ST-16S powered on.

View attachment 11176

I would like you to be right, the searches would be easier.
But I think the pilot saw him go further ...
And is this really the last image of the H + that goes out? We can not guarantee it
I may not have the right angle on my map, but it's a research principle based on known assumptions

I would like you to be right, the searches would be easier.
But I think the pilot saw him go further ...
And is this really the last image of the H + that goes out? We can not guarantee it
I may not have the right angle on my map, but it's a research principle based on known assumptions

I spoke with the pilot by phone last night, he confirmed he lost sight of it due to building being in the way, he also confirmed direction. He told me he left the controller on to save the image. When I power down, the last image stays on my ST-16s screen every time. Does yours do differently? I hear what you are saying - if it did not power off it could have kept going, but the last telemetry location has it precisely at the same spot of the last video image.

How would the end of telemetry and last video before power off/loss and position line up any other way?

Reactions: JackMTaco
I spoke with the pilot by phone last night, he confirmed he lost sight of it due to building being in the way, he also confirmed direction. He told me he left the controller on to save the image. When I power down, the last image stays on my ST-16s screen every time. Does yours do differently? I hear what you are saying - if it did not power off it could have kept going, but the last telemetry location has it precisely at the same spot. How would the telemetry and video and position line up any other way? It was only 1900 feet away.
I agree, it's a good hypothesis. But that would mean that the power was cut at this known position and fell almost vertically, so the search area is very small.
I can not currently test the last saved image.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I think what we are seeing here is a fly-away (which is new for the Plus) coupled with a known problem of the Plus - powering off mid flight. The end of his telemetry looks about the same as those power offs - they just end. I bet if we talk to the pilots who experienced a power off and ask them to recall what they saw on screen, they will report similar, but lets find out just to be sure.

The photo clue is likely better than relying on the GPS from the aircraft. It's obvious now that the H Plus GPS was in error. It showed a takeoff location far away from the actual location. That would yield the telemetry data as unreliable.

Hate to say it, but I think the chances of recovery is extremely small if it isn't found in the immediate area. I trust that Yuneec will replace this aircraft after reviewing the data.

A time line of the event:

Beginning of Telemetry - Boot Up...................12:10:25

43 seconds later - Lift Off................................12:11:07

18 seconds later - Event Begins......................12:11:25

1 Minute, 58 Seconds later - Event Ends........12:13:23

Total Event Time........................2 Minutes 59 Seconds

View attachment 11172

The timeline (if correct) hardly seems like a sufficient amount of time for the GPS to be on and functioning completely to guide the aircraft.

Reactions: Steve Carr
In my area it does take a while longer. On that first job I did where we posted the pics, I was on the ground for over five minutes booted up, there was some cloud cover and I did wait till I saw ten satellites on the controller.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The timeline (if correct) hardly seems like a sufficient amount of time for the GPS to be on and functioning completely to guide the aircraft.
I agree. The launch was premature. However, I would have expected the initial GPS location of the H to be much closer to the ST16 location. It was far different which indicates a malfunction on the H Plus.

I agree. The launch was premature. However, I would have expected the initial GPS location of the H to be much closer to the ST16 location. It was far different which indicates a malfunction on the H Plus.
Possible the h got the rth command and was headed to where it thought the St to be?

That would actually make sense.
I'm not skilled at reading these files. Do they indicate the (perceived) St location? Maybe you can go to those coords and find it waiting for you after a clean low power landing... Not betting, but one can hope/check...

Files display location in latitude/ longitude figures
Rephrase. Not skilled at mutzing with stuff on cell phone... I can read lat/lon pairs.

So, where did h think it was as it took off, where did st believe itself to be, and where was actual takeoff point? If my idea carries any merit, the landing point should be determinable from these.

The H Plus is programmed to return to the take off point or to the last known location of the ST16, depending on which option the pilot has selected. When the RF signal was lost it should have triggered RTH. Since it did not return, either it had stored an incorrect RTH location or the Flight Controller failed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder