Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H Plus going after a funnel in Johnson City, Kansas today.

Reaction score
So I'm out here chasing tornadoes in tornado alley for the past week and a half with the intent to get a beautiful reveal shot over greenery/wheat fields. Was so close today, the super cell we were chasing ended up producing a very crappy wall cloud but did start to produce a funnel under it. Another storm chaser managed to capture my drone and the funnel in his shot. (Credit - Matt Granz)

For those in doubt, this is indeed a funnel and was confirmed by my other chasing friend who was under it and got a shot looking up at it. We are out here for 2 weeks and have captured and photographed 6 tornadoes (Possibly 7 - its a maybenado for now). I have 1 more week to land the shot I am looking to get. Will keep you guys posted and will eventually post some of the drone footage once I compile it together (I have captured 575GB of photos/videos in 11 days so far between my 7 cameras so I'll be busy for a while before I post them)

The second photo was of our first tornado on our first chase day out here, my guest with me managed to snap a photo of me videoing the tornado - Minneola, KS 5-17-2019 - (Credit - Mike Killian)

@JackMTaco,

Best of luck and be safe. Have read a bit lately about chasers, both pro, hobby, and curious, at all levels of recklessness, disrespect, and simply being stupid, putting many in harms way or worse.

Looking forward to the release of your finished work.

Jeff

Reactions: HQLaker
@JackMTaco,

Best of luck and be safe. Have read a bit lately about chasers, both pro, hobby, and curious, at all levels of recklessness, disrespect, and simply being stupid, putting many in harms way or worse.

Looking forward to the release of your finished work.

Jeff

Thank you and its true what you have heard. There have been issues with individuals in the chasing community. It's sad because we have to watch out more for them than the storms themselves. We've seen it first hand and its frightening.

Last edited:
These storms are so beautiful in their own way to capture. What a shot! I feel for all the people that took a direct hit this past week especially in Oklahoma. The loss of life more than anything. Many lost everything but the clothes on their back. I can’t imagine getting awakened by such a monster, in most cases not having anywhere to hide. The devastation was intense.

So I'm out here chasing tornadoes in tornado alley for the past week and a half with the intent to get a beautiful reveal shot over greenery/wheat fields. Was so close today, the super cell we were chasing ended up producing a very crappy wall cloud but did start to produce a funnel under it. Another storm chaser managed to capture my drone and the funnel in his shot. (Credit - Matt Granz)

For those in doubt, this is indeed a funnel and was confirmed by my other chasing friend who was under it and got a shot looking up at it. We are out here for 2 weeks and have captured and photographed 6 tornadoes (Possibly 7 - its a maybenado for now). I have 1 more week to land the shot I am looking to get. Will keep you guys posted and will eventually post some of the drone footage once I compile it together (I have captured 575GB of photos/videos in 11 days so far between my 7 cameras so I'll be busy for a while before I post them)

The second photo was of our first tornado on our first chase day out here, my guest with me managed to snap a photo of me videoing the tornado - Minneola, KS 5-17-2019 - (Credit - Mike Killian)

View attachment 16753

View attachment 16754
I think you would have really looked if your Drone got sucked up and away, Not so good then !! lol

Cheers Michael

"I think you would have really looked if your Drone got sucked up and away, Not so good then !! lol"

Actually, if you could stream FPV from the drone as it was being sucked up, it would be an incredible video. It would cost a drone, though. Hmmm .... what's the cheapest drone that has really good FPV? Anybody?

The sale in footage if my drone was sucked up would be worth the cost of losing the drone. I could buy several H Pluses after I sold the footage.
Assuming, of course, that you would be able to find your aircraft to retrieve the SD card;)

Reactions: biltno
Next time Jack is out chasing I’m following him with the Live Chasing app!

Jack needs a fan club:cool:

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy