Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Two Cents!

My personal opinion of this court battle is based on FEAR. DJI knows the H will be fantastic so they rushed the P4 sales to keep ahead and in doing so added what DJI hopes will be a court order to stop sales of the H. I have no preference to any one company (owner of 2 x P's myself and love them). The H just suits my needs heaps better. 360 degree rotation is fantastic, retractable legs is a huge bonus too and the fact that the props are out of shot makes for a perfect flying video show. I have 8 months to hold off on my decision. almost bought a P4 last week but changed my mind while in the shop. Not to mention in 8 months there could be a few others with better birds for e.g. gopro is ready for release soon and who knows what it has to offer. Like you, I too want to know what yuneec is doing, keep us informed as some will not wait as long as i can.
My ONLY negative of ANY bird that has retractable legs ( Typhoon H OR Inspire) is a crash. with legs retracted damage will be expensive. Not sure if you will have the ability to drop the legs down if things go wrong, esp if its a battery failure. Maybe if possible, a button on the controller that will drop the legs in an emergency. That could bring them down enough to save extensive damage to the gimble/camera?

That's just my 2 cents worth.

I'm new to this level of drone, what's the approximate percentage of battery fails?
My point is the advantage of the H surely is 6 motors with built in redundancy, so it would only be a total battery meltdown where your scenario would occur.

I hear ya. I wish they'd just publish a realistic release date.
Just my .02 as well...

I think there are a couple things going on. Prior to the release of the Phantom 4 I had heard the H wouldn't be released till late Summer, early Fall 2016 here in the US. I think they had intended to release the H with full capabilities meaning with "realsense". But with the release of the Phantom 4 in March was it, Yuneec wanted to get the H out there and be competitive. So they removed the realsense which also dropped the cost and moved up the release date.

I also think making realsense a separate unit that can be added later may have caused a design change for both the hardware and firmware/software which was actually more problematic than first thought. I think they want to make sure that if they release the basic and people get/buy the realsense module it will work as initially designed.

Here in the US I don't think the lawsuit is going to have any impact. DJI is just "hoping" something will come of it. But these companies like Yuneec, I'm sure had a good team of patent attorneys before ever starting the project. And I'm sure Intel vetted them thoroughly before investing any money. Just like the OP mentioned, its like Apple vs. Samsung. Nothing came of that....

Well, here's the answer from Yuneec to your video !
Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec

So I am thinking as I am in Australia my delivery will be late May too early June
Yup, just spoke this am to the importers for Australia in Adelaide and they advise late May for Oz. Seems Yuneec have to fill orders for USA first!. Don't get me started....
Check out my latest post about approaching Yuneec with a suggestion.
Titled "For the long suffering" etc

Well, here's the answer from Yuneec to your video !
Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec

You have posted this like 1,305,638.6 times on every single dif post title here. You are an Agent of DJI.

1) Cancel your T-H pre-order.
2) Buy the tooth paste body P-4.
3) See our videos when we get the T-H (maybe 2017).
4) Sell your P-4 in ebay at half price.
5) Buy a T-H and live happy ever after.

You have posted this like 1,305,638.6 times on every single dif post title here. You are an Agent of DJI.

lol....I must admit I shouldnt laugh but I think there is some Yuneec hysteria going on at the moment with all this delivery stuff, I dont know why people dont just cancel it and go buy a P4 and leave the obvious stress it is causing them behind and buy one later if they still want one. I wont get my H with realsense until June if im lucky but hey ho there is NOTHING i can do about it other than cancel or accept it being late. I paid for it yonks ago so im not missing the money and will enjoy it when it arrives.

Just watching these people on youtube ranting and bitching is hilarious !! :D

Reactions: Shane P. Robichaux

Low-Soul, is that what I should call you, I have a P4 and a P3P and a DYI Hexacopter and also a Yuneec, so I have plenty to occupy my time while I wait for the "H" to make it's appearance. And no, I am not a secret agent for DJI. People are asking 'WHEN" and when new information comes out I feed the information available to them to make a choice of whether to accept it or trash it !. If you don't like what it says, then don't read it ! simple as that ! If you want to bite on my *** for doing this, then that is your freedom of speech !. But you also have the choice to not read my replies if they drive your anger so deep into your Soul, that you have to name yourself "Lost Soul" oops. I meant Losul !

calm guys calm........this really illustrates what the frustration is causing some people, and you are right you have just as much right to put your frustrations out as we do for accepting the situation, but we can all play nicely and agree to disagree ;)

Reactions: DroneClone
I personally love what the H has to offer but decided to wait until it was released and others has a chance to review and Yuneec worked out any bugs.As I anticipated with anything this advanced their would be changes in release date and once out software/firmware updates as their will be possible issues.I actually didnt want my money tied up or the stress of waiting. So for now I will enjoy my Q500 and Eachine Racer........

I'm new to this level of drone, what's the approximate percentage of battery fails?
My point is the advantage of the H surely is 6 motors with built in redundancy, so it would only be a total battery meltdown where your scenario would occur.
Hey Chris,
If your question was to me then my reply would be this....
Not concerned about battery failure, it happens in all fields. What i was referring to mate was a crash through pilot error.
No time to drop the landing gear in that situation as we (most) are in "panic mode:" and before we know, it's crashed. Still is a beautiful bird though. I for 1 will wait and wait and wait, then wait some more for feedback from those who rushed in. If the feedback is good, it's time to buy.
Lets not forget, by next year there will be heaps of great birds available. Tech is advancing super fast. No different to buying the latest car, it might be the best for a few months but another one much better is on the drawing board. Thats life.
Bring it on Mr Yuneec. :)

And you can say that every year, and thus never by a bird so what's the purpose of the hobby or profession ? It's about the thrill and risk you take you are willing to make on anything adventurous you purchase ! Just my 2 cents

Reactions: raymond captuo
My 2 cent, it’s like the iphone or anything you can’t readily get your hands on, we all want it, some of us will decided to give in to the stress of waiting and go elsewhere and hope that H is not as good as it seems and some of us will wait it out and pray that it is everything that we hope for, but we all know there will always be another Bigger/smaller better one coming around the corner because that’s how technology is.. either way I am looking forward to the H and wish you all safe flying

Reactions: DroneClone
Hey Mr CA,
You just keep sitting on that fence, waiting for the next model that's always around the corner.....
Remember the "Free beer tomorrow" joke....
It'll never get here.... Live for the moment and enjoy instead of playing safe. Seize the day, my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval