Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My video after refocusing my CGO3...

Optical Physics is optical physics it doesnt change because Mr. Magoo and Yuneec built the camera
Sorry, you are just giving bad information here. Bad mouthing Yuneec does not change the fact that your assumption was incorrect as I have clearly demonstrated. This is the same for any camera of this focal length, aperture and sensor size.

Reactions: Rayray
Sorry, you are just giving bad information here. Bad mouthing Yuneec does not change the fact that your assumption was incorrect as I have clearly demonstrated. This is the same for any camera of this focal length, aperture and sensor size.

No I'm not., it's used daily in feature film and television production it's a mathematical equation and its a law of physics. YOU on the other hand are giving bad information

Hyperfocal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No I'm not., it's used daily in feature film and television production it's a mathematical equation and its a law of physics. YOU on the other hand are giving bad information

Hyperfocal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Did you even look at the images? I've shown you mine. Show me yours. Set your Typhoon camera to focus at 9 inches and show us what the images look like for objects at a great distance.

The 9 inch figure would be off if the lens is not really 3.7mm or the aperture is not really 2.8. So I think it is best if you are focusing your lens to start around 9 inches then test at distance and if it is not good move out a 1/2 inch or inch at a time till you get what works for you. It may not always be the same as these do come off a mass production line in China and they could be a little different.

The 9 inch figure would be off if the lens is not really 3.7mm or the aperture is not really 2.8. So I think it is best if you are focusing your lens to start around 9 inches then test at distance and if it is not good move out a 1/2 inch or inch at a time till you get what works for you. It may not always be the same as these do come off a mass production line in China and they could be a little different.
That's not the problem. The problem is that 9" is WAY outside of the subject distance that you want to focus on. A lens is only really sharp at one plane in front of the lens. At every other distance it is out of focus. The farther away from this plane, the more it is out of focus.The correct way to use hyperfocus is to choose a focus distance that is within the range you need to be sharp. For aerial photography this range would probably be 20 feet to infinity. You will never be shooting images 9 inches from the camera. Focus on what is important. It is just that simple.

The correct way to use hyperfocus is to choose a focus distance that is within the range you need to be sharp. For aerial photography this range would probably be 20 feet to infinity.

and if you did the math and understood the math you would understand that you would be sharp out to infinity by using the hyperfocal of 9". There is no such thing as "Hyperfocus"

and if you did the math and understood the math you would understand that you would be sharp out to infinity by using the hyperfocal of 9". There is no such thing as "Hyperfocus"
Show your results. Otherwise it is just talk. I have shown you that it does not work.

Hi friend here a short video after refocusing the stock lens which was a bit blurry.

Now I am really satisfied :)
Also the RS works very well, maybe it is a bit slow to react...
How to refocus. Please advise.

Please show some evidence of your claim. You can say it 1000 times but that does not make it true. We are waiting....

I've spent a lifetime using this only now learning that they don't work... FTW and FML!
schaerfentiefe_01.jpg

Are you measuring from the lens or the sensor's plane? Were any of the attached focused at 20ft, 30ft or infinity?
Technically focus distance is measured from the center of the lens, but these lenses are short so the distance from the lens center to the front or sensor plane is very small. For these tests, I measured from the front of the lens as best I could. The sharp samples were focused about 30 feet from the camera.

I've spent a lifetime using this only now learning that they don't work... FTW and FML!
schaerfentiefe_01.jpg
I have used depth of field guides on my lenses for years with film photography and they were great for getting you in the ballpark. You have to remember that those, as well as many hyperfocal calculators, were based on viewing and 8 x 10 print at 10". Now we are looking at 12 megapixel images on a large monitor and zooming in to see the individual pixels, or looking at 4K video on a 50" screen.
Here is a good depth of field calculator online:
A Flexible Depth of Field Calculator
If you click on the advanced tab, you will see additional options for sharpness criteria. If you choose the default standard of .01 circle of confusion on an 8 x 10 print viewed at 25 cm, you will get a hyperfocal distance of 2.83 feet. If you use 20/20 vision standard instead, you will get 8.5 feet.

glad i found your post, i was convinced i was out of focus and i think your video has tipped the balance i am.

before i do, can you confirm if your vimeo was 60fps and if you changed the sharpness level via the app?

here is a screenshot from a video of trees similar-ish to your own.

Attachments

• screenshot test.jpg
    screenshot test.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis