Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My video after refocusing my CGO3...

No, but has publically said that he wants to do what I do. He's a fine collaborator
I'm really not sure why you are even here. You never post any thing of value, you only post to see what you can knock down about the H. Also a little while ago someone posted a video from a P4 and said it was from an H and you tore that one apart too. So why are you here? If you have such a big "Reel and Resume" why don't you share and why would you be wasting your time with a P4 or a Gopro?

Reactions: Rayray and Badala
the center is sharp but mid to to left is soft. I wonder if you could get raw footage that came out of the sd card. doesnt look all that on my monitor...... btw before you guys telling me i have a cheap setup i have a LG31MU9712698573_953290324747868_3812708616541093926_o.jpg

the center is sharp but mid to to left is soft. I wonder if you could get raw footage that came out of the sd card. doesnt look all that on my monitor...... btw before you guys telling me i have a cheap setup i have a LG31MU97View attachment 2401
That may be a nice setup but if derstig didn't calibrate it for you it's crap and soft and over sharpened and has too many b frames interpolated on conflicting subframes :)

That may be a nice setup but if derstig didn't calibrate it for you it's crap and soft and over sharpened and has too many b frames interpolated on conflicting subframes :)

ya i know derstig was busy the week i got the monitor so i had to get my good friend Philip Bloom to calibrate the monitor LOL

Reactions: Markinter
I sent mine in for refocusing. I would be ecstatic to have my camera look like that. FANTASTIC!

Reactions: Badala

Funny I was going to ask Derstig about climbing frames (for changing altitude shots), spectacle frames (for really big WOW wide shots) amongst others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markinter
Hi friend here a short video after refocusing the stock lens which was a bit blurry.

Now I am really satisfied :)
Also the RS works very well, maybe it is a bit slow to react...

Looks great to me! Don't listen to the "oversharpening" comments. Items in the distance will naturally look less detailed because their features are smaller than the pixel size. I'm glad you were able to fix yours. I was one of the lucky ones who got a sharp CGO3+ camera right out of the box. Do you feel the RS module is worth the extra $$? I've found the OA system to be pretty useless. Range is too short and slows the drone down.

Looks great to me! Don't listen to the "oversharpening" comments. Items in the distance will naturally look less detailed because their features are smaller than the pixel size.

He should because its very over sharpened

It is over sharpened if you have highly trained and calibrated eyes. To the rest of us it looks fine.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

He should because its very over sharpened

Ok. OK. I put the video up on my 65" 4K Samsung and I could see a bit of "oversharpening" around the edges of features. As others have said, this is not a professional camera, just a very good flying camera. Consider the price point. GoPro cameras are not as sell suited for drone use with their very wide angle lenses that require post processing to eliminate distortion. They're great for close-ups. That's how we see them used regularly on action TV programs and movies.

Ok. OK. I put the video up on my 65" 4K Samsung and I could see a bit of "oversharpening" around the edges of features. As others have said, this is not a professional camera, just a very good flying camera. Consider the price point. GoPro cameras are not as sell suited for drone use with their very wide angle lenses that require post processing to eliminate distortion. They're great for close-ups. That's how we see them used regularly on action TV programs and movies.

No gopro's are not used for "Close-ups" and that's not how we regularly see them on "action TV programs and movies"

It is over sharpened if you have highly trained and calibrated eyes. To the rest of us it looks fine.

It's not hard to see the over sharpening, it's the visual noise in the fields and the halo's around large objects

It's not hard to see the over sharpening, it's the visual noise in the fields and the halo's around large objects
In all of your professional knowledge and considering that there are people who "hack" other similar cameras specifically dash cameras, can you not suggest a route to providing a solution

Did some quick checks with one of my CG03+ and it seems the focal point is very close to camera.
Need to check the other one also, they both seem "soft" to my old eyes.
Tim

Did some quick checks with one of my CG03+ and it seems the focal point is very close to camera.
Need to check the other one also, they both seem "soft" to my old eyes.
Tim

Can you give us an approximate distance?

(I'm in the US so
All things being equal (if the censor is truly 1/2.3, lens is truly 14mm and an aperture of 2.8) this camera's lens can be focused no closer than 12.36 meters (hyperfocal distance) in order to keep focus out to infinity. The closest item in focus (using a 12.36 meters hyperfocal distance) would have to be at least 6.18 meters from the censor.

If the lens were to be focused at 3.5 meters, the depth of field would extend from 2.75 meters to apx 4.85 meters from the censor.
If the lens were to be focused at 7 meters, the depth of field would extend from 4.46 meters to apx 16.10 meters from the censor.

data is for simple print images no larger than 8x10. HD video will create an all new limitation.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval