Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My video after refocusing my CGO3...

Video looks good to me even playing back full screen frame by frame I don't see any ghosting of the roof or over sharpening.

DerStig,

Give it a rest. I watched the video simultaneously on a 4k 15" laptop screen and a 40" 1080 screen and it looked pretty damned good. It's probably not healthy always looking at everything through a microscope or soda straw.

I'm not looking at it with a microscope and yes it's VERY over sharpened and yes there are sharpening artifacts in the image.

Since you're the world's singular authority on what looks good I guess not, but that's why people stopped giving much credence to your ramblings.

Since you're the world's singular authority on what looks good I guess not, but that's why people stopped giving much credence to your ramblings.

I'm not the worlds singular authority. But I do know more about image quality than others here. Learn what over sharpening does to an image especially if you plan on trying to sell your stuff...

I do know what ove sharpening looks like. As mentioned before, i watched the video on two screens, both in full screen, and don't see your problem. I'm not selling anything, I don't have a commercial license.

The problem here is that you make it a point to tear anything H down, and pick people apart in every post. When everyone else likes the look of the video except you, the problem is you, not the video.

Folks, kindly take it easy on my fiend, uh, friend, Der Stig. Not to be redundant, but you know he is an expert in the video field. You need to pay attention to his helpful comments, after all, he's a Hollywood mongrel, mogul I mean. Help me, Google spell.

Folks, kindly take it easy on my fiend, uh, friend, Der Stig. Not to be redundant, but you know he is an expert in the video field. You need to pay attention to his helpful comments, after all, he's a Hollywood mongrel, mogul I mean. Help me, Google spell.
and there I was thinking it was this DerStig Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 02.00.17.png

32 years in the Motion Picture and Television industry doing shows you have seen. You?

and there I was thinking it was this DerStig View attachment 2378

That's not a post by me.

I do know what ove sharpening looks like. As mentioned before, i watched the video on two screens, both in full screen, and don't see your problem. I'm not selling anything, I don't have a commercial license.

The problem here is that you make it a point to tear anything H down, and pick people apart in every post. When everyone else likes the look of the video except you, the problem is you, not the video.

Maybe just maybe you could research on what something looks like when over sharpened and understand what sharpening is you might actually learn something and end up making better stills and video. Real life doesnt "Shimmer" and have an artificial halo.

Guide to Image Sharpening

http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/blog/7747/7-sharpening-artifacts-to-avoid/

Sharpening Artifacts - Digital Photo Pro

Sharpening 101

That's nice, who, what, where, when, how? Credits please.

Thanks for the links. I can always appreciate useful information from an expert without portfolio.

Last edited:
Do you know what over sharpening looks like? I'm guessing no.

As a matter of fact I do know what over sharpening does, but I think most people on this forum don't expect perfection to the level your very critical eyes see things.

You can't expect that sort of perfection you are referring to from this level of equipment, we're not talking about broadcast quality drones or cameras here, Yuneec offerings just cant be judged that way at such low prices, these are basically for hobby use and should be judged as such.

Whilst with the right settings and expertise the Typhoon H is more than capable of earning its keep, but it still can't be judge for professional broadcast quality acquisition.

Reactions: charliehorse
As a matter of fact I do know what over sharpening does, but I think most people on this forum don't expect perfection to the level your very critical eyes see things.

You can't expect that sort of perfection you are referring to from this level of equipment, we're not talking about broadcast quality drones or cameras here, Yuneec offerings just cant be judged that way at such low prices, these are basically for hobby use and should be judged as such.

Whilst with the right settings and expertise the Typhoon H is more than capable of earning its keep, but it still can't be judge for professional broadcast quality acquisition.

The CGO3+ is easily bested by a GoPro, so no it's not capable of earning it's keep

That's nice, who, what, where, when, how? Credits please.

Thanks for the links. I can always appreciate useful information from an expert without portfolio.

Over 100 movies and TV series, multiple emmys, yeah I don't have a portfolio (its actually called a reel and resume)

The CGO3+ is easily bested by a GoPro, so no it's not capable of earning it's keep

Are sorry I did not know it was a competition of which is the best camera, I do also own a gopro hero 3 black and hero 4 which both exhibit some degree of sharpening just saying !

Are sorry I did not know it was a competition of which is the best camera, I do also own a gopro hero 3 black and hero 4 which both exhibit some degree of sharpening just saying !

Now run them in ProTune and they won't be sharpened. No matter they don't exhibit the level of sharpening in the video that started this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430