Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nacogdoches, the Oldest Town in Texas

R

Rayray

Several pics from high over the corner of East Main and University Blvd in Nacogdoches, said to be the oldest town in Texas. Resolution 5472X3648, Natural Setting, Auto WB. F2.8, Exp 1/3800, ISO 180. No filters.
Click on any spot to go there.

This is looking west up the red brick East Main street (Hwys 21/7) (upper left quadrant). The old Oak Grove Cemetery where several heroes of the Texas Revolution are buried is in the lower right. The remodeled and newly opened Fredonia Hotel is in the center. North Street (US 59/259) is hidden in the upper quadrant.
Nacogdoches-West View-1.png

Looking north up University Drive. SFA University is in the top left quadrant. You can see the Twin Towers (student housing). Notice the Kingdom Water Park in the middle right.
Nacogdoches-looking North-1.png

Looking SW, orient by noticing the red brick E Main street to the right. The Texas Farm Products Feed and Fertilizer Mill is in the upper left. Farther right is South Street (US 59/259).
Nacogdoches-SW View-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one more thing.
I had almost finished taking pictures when a lady drove up and asked what I was looking at. "My drone taking pictures." She asked if she could watch, then parked beside my car and came over. "Where is it? Oh, there it is, straight up" (she had good vision).

As it came down she was completely fascinated, told me she and hubby had just bought a grandson a drone.
My drone came down to the exact spot it took off from (20 feet from us), landed itself and shut the motors off. She asked me where they could get one.

She thanked me profusely for letting her watch (it was a public place) and left. Well, that's Nacogdoches. Friendly down-home folks.

That's got to be a converted DNG capture right?.. 30mb png files!!!

Just one more thing.
I had almost finished taking pictures when a lady drove up and asked what I was looking at. "My drone taking pictures." She asked if she could watch, then parked beside my car and came over. "Where is it? Oh, there it is, straight up" (she had good vision).

As it came down she was completely fascinated, told me she and hubby had just bought a grandson a drone.
My drone came down to the exact spot it took off from (20 feet from us), landed itself and shut the motors off. She asked me where they could get one.

She thanked me profusely for letting her watch (it was a public place) and left. Well, that's Nacogdoches. Friendly down-home folks.
I had a similar experience this morning. I was flying a P2V+ (recreationally) in a park about 3 miles away from where I live. I was concentrating on the aircraft when an elderly woman appeared next to me. She wanted to know where the aircraft was. She'd earlier seen something glinting in the sky and wondered what it was. I pointed to it (it was hovering over a small lake about 400' away) and she finally clapped eyes on it. She was mesmerized and stayed with me asking questions until I explained that I needed to land it. She dutifully stepped away to a safe distance and when I'd powered down she came over and said that there'd been some vandalism in the park and would I watch out for it in the future.

I've had a couple of negative encounters in the past but today all I got was positives. Not just from this woman but others I encountered too. Even the park workers were laid back about it. I came away thinking: 'What a good day'.

I currently have no plans too fly in that park again, but today's experience may make me think again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin