Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need repairs for my crashed Typhoon H with real sense tech...…………..

Reaction score
Well, it happened !!! After several months of flying with no problems whatsoever, as soon as I took off yesterday the drone messaged that GPS signal was lost and took on a mind of it's own. I tried everything I could to land it or even crash it into a hay field where I hoped damage would be minimal. But no, it took on a mind of it's own and turned sideways and flew into the woods causing bad damage...……. in my opinion. I now have one of my landing gear arms broken off and one of the prop arms broken off. The crash also broke all the props but one. Needless to say, this old man was heartbroken. Now, I need to know where I can send this broken drone in for repairs. And hopefully to a place that won't charge me an ungodly amount. So if anyone knows the best place for me to contact to get the needed repairs, please let me know. Thanks.

Well, it happened !!! After several months of flying with no problems whatsoever, as soon as I took off yesterday the drone messaged that GPS signal was lost and took on a mind of it's own. I tried everything I could to land it or even crash it into a hay field where I hoped damage would be minimal. But no, it took on a mind of it's own and turned sideways and flew into the woods causing bad damage...……. in my opinion. I now have one of my landing gear arms broken off and one of the prop arms broken off. The crash also broke all the props but one. Needless to say, this old man was heartbroken. Now, I need to know where I can send this broken drone in for repairs. And hopefully to a place that won't charge me an ungodly amount. So if anyone knows the best place for me to contact to get the needed repairs, please let me know. Thanks.

Dear Heartbroken,

In the order of steps to take:

1. Contact Yuneec; open a support case. Not sure how long the warranty is on refurbished products, but... Yuneec can analyze your telemetry files to see if there was something wrong to cause the uncontrolled behavior. A warranty claim is secondary to knowing what went wrong.
  2. Yuneec should also be able to estimate a repair cost. If nothing else, their main repair facilities can take a look and give an estimate. KAV in Kansas City is getting a better reputation these days.
  3. One can also check the Yuneec web site for replacement parts and tally up an estimate as to what YOU see in obvious need of replacement.
  4. Other dealers are available and offer repair services.
    • Vertigo Drones
    • Carolina Drones (hmmmm... might be "nearby"?)
    • Terrestrial Imaging
    • Others may exist, but... the above come to mind.
  5. Do a search on "uploading telemetry" via the search tool in this forum. There are several fine individuals who love to look under the hood and may be able to give you some clues as to what went wrong.
This is meant as just a summary. There are plenty of help threads here that can also help. I just don't have the time needed right at this moment to search and list them all.

Good luck!

Jeff

According to the tech person I spoke with at Yuneec, and I'm sure it wasn't right as usual, you have whatever warranty came from the company that did the refurb and an additional warranty of one year from Yuneec USA. On the other hand the average turn around for Yuneec seems to be well in excess of a month, whereas the company that did the refurb, if not under warranty even might arrange a "depot repair" whereas you send them your busted up drone for a flat fee they send you a refurb, speeds things up.

Thanks for all the input folks. I shipped my typhoon h back to Yuneec for repairs. They even sent me a UPS label to place on the box. Sent in this past Wednesday to Yuneec in New York. So it's probably sitting in their repair shop on a shelf as I type this message...……………. I hope. Again, thanks for all the advice. God Bless you all.

i have the typhoon h now for 2 yeays after all the horror stories i havent flow it, i have hubson never had any problems with it it has over 50 flights on it,i had a dji phantom 2 had issues with that too i think for the first flight i am going to tether it to a fishing pole with 100lb test line,200 yards of line and steel leader so it dont cut line

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval