Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 920 Plus Owner

That description is close enough. The product labeling does not reflect the Plus designation so your best tip is they type of controller. ST-24 is an original 920, ST-16 is a 920 Plus.

If that rig is an original, unmodified, new 920 it’s a heck of a deal. It originally listed for >$7,000.00. The “Plus” is derated and lacks many features possessed by the original 920.

All the factory 920 batteries are close to done, if not already done by now. The new ones I bought almost two years ago were going downhill by the third use cycle. The IR’s were double digit per cell when they arrived. Don’t buy factory batteries. Instead read the alternative battery thread in this (920) forum and follow the process enabling use of better, cheaper batteries.

I bought an H920 a few months ago, cycled the 3 batteries, and they seem ok— but I haven’t yet flown this drone.
The last thing I need is to take a very expensive rig up and have it drop out of the sky because a battery craps out.
Will Yuneec cover their batteries, or better yet, a drone if their new batteries cause a crash? I have 3 Yuneec drones, 2 Phantoms; 3DR Solo got stolen last summer, but I’m not planning to replace it. The range was awful, video choppier than a butcher shop.
Batteries for these drones are frightfully pricy. I see recommendations for Zippy. The dealer I bought the drone from wants $100+ for each battery— I would fly with 2 batteries only on a short test flight. I have a 4G dongle capable of unlimited range; for this drone, and also Xcraft drone/plane hybrid.
I’m hoping to get good, strong batteries around $40 a pop.
Setup and calibration of this big drone is going to be quite a job. I bought 6 quick release prop adapters; putting 6 props on and taking them off with those funky little hex screws every time I fly is really too much. Compass calibration is bad enough with the Typhoon H— also getting the CGO4 gimbal and camera on and off with 4 clumsy screws is a flaming pain in the ***. The gimbal doesn’t fit with the drone into the case; if it did, I would leave it mounted all the time. For hand held video, the CGO3 with dedicated grip is quite sufficient.
Ideas and suggestions are welcome. I hope to be as happy with this drone as I’ve been with the Typhoon H.

The batteries you have will prolly be good for a solid 15-18 minutes initially, if you use all three at the same time.

Don’t sweat experiencing a total battery failure as that’s not a common issue with the 920. Most 920 users have a bit more experience and tend to be “ voltage attentive” and the 920 and avoid issues.

Be sure to turn the camera power off, and/or retract the lens before shutting the aircraft and controller down. Failing to power down the camera will leave the lens sticking out and you won’t be able to get it back in the case.

I’m the guy that did the battery testing and showed everyone how to go about it. A pair of 5000mA batteries can provide 20 minutes of flight time when carrying the CGO-4. A lot more time is had when carrying a CGO-3+. As you know, time caries with wx condition and flight style so 20 minutes was used as a reference point only.

I usually get the better flight time from a pair of 5000mA batteries as I get from three 4000mA batteries. Better still, the voltage warnings space themselves out better because of improved battery quality and condition.

Please forgive the fragmented writing style today, Too many meds and a brand new knee.

Last edited:
The batteries you have will prolly be good for a solid 15-18 minutes initially, if you use all three at the same time.

Don’t sweat experiencing a total battery failure as that’s not a common issue with the 920. Most 920 users have a bit more experience and tend to be “ voltage attentive” and the 920 and avoid issues.

Be sure to turn the camera power off, and/or retract the lens before shutting the aircraft and controller down. Failing to power down the camera will leave the lens sticking out and you won’t be able to get it back in the case.

I’m the guy that did the battery testing and showed everyone how to go about it. A pair of 5000mA batteries can provide 20 minutes of flight time when carrying the CGO-4. A lot more time is had when carrying a CGO-3+. As you know, time caries with wx condition and flight style so 20 minutes was used as a reference point only.

I usually get the better flight time from a pair of 5000mA batteries as I get from three 4000mA batteries. Better still, the voltage warnings space themselves out better because of improved battery quality and condition.

Please forgive the fragmented writing style today, Too many meds and a brand new knee.

Good luck with the knee, Full or partial replacement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval