Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antenna are great!

Reaction score
Received my FPVLR antennas yesterday and had a chance to fly with them all day today.

I am a very happy camper with this setup.

I was getting about 1600 feet with the stock antenna.

I took it out 3100 feet at 80 feet in altitude and not even a flicker in the video.
I didn't even have good LOS most of the trip due to trees.

I probably won't see how far it can go because I have large mountains all around me
and 3500 is about all I can do.

Not a world record but I'm happy with the solid signal for what I do.

Received my FPVLR antennas yesterday and had a chance to fly with them all day today.

I took it out 3100 feet at 80 feet in altitude and not even a flicker in the video.

I probably won't see how far it can go because I have large mountains all around me

Great antennas for sure. Really adds a new dimension to the H. Here's how far they can go:

Hope Yuneec will use FPVLR antennas as the default one for H.

Was this comment necessary? We all know you use DBS, but like Momma always said, if you have nothing nice to say...
Absolutely necessary ! so others do not buy a faulty, poorly designed product that can bend and break easily. The BIG difference is I own both FPVLR and DBS and tried and tested both, So I am in a position to make a educated, non biased assessment of both ! Can you? Doubt it ! Your are just on Tony's bandwagon. If you had Tony screw up you DJI controller for your P3P a years ago and mutilate it doing the mod and sending it back to you broken and screwed up, and blast you and blame it on shipping, when it was clearly damaged by tools and tearing it apart. And then you have to replace it for $465. You might learn to "Bite your Tongue" before blowing open your mouth at me !

Reactions: Chris McMillan

All feedback is appreciated. My dealer only carries this one but I want to try the standard first once my ST16 has been repaired. Both types sound awesome.

Absolutely necessary ! so others do not buy a faulty, poorly designed product that can bend and break easily. The BIG difference is I own both FPVLR and DBS and tried and tested both, So I am in a position to make a educated, non biased assessment of both ! Can you? Doubt it ! Your are just on Tony's bandwagon. If you had Tony screw up you DJI controller for your P3P a years ago and mutilate it doing the mod and sending it back to you broken and screwed up, and blast you and blame it on shipping, when it was clearly damaged by tools and tearing it apart. And then you have to replace it for $465. You might learn to "Bite your Tongue" before blowing open your mouth at me !
Whoa... hostility in the air? lol. So we should all base our opinions on a bad experience You had? Gotcha.
Peter on this forum shows a antenna hack to make the antennas stronger and less "flimsy". I get that you have had better experiences with the DBS but to bash a product only because of your own personal experience that noone else on this forum has had to deal with is ludicrous. Plus, i WOULD NEVER send my controller out to get anything installed on it. The simple screw on design wont mess anything up on my controller. I have nothing against all the other antennas and like to see/hear stories of people being happy with what they have. I know you are an old timer so ill end it with that and will respect my elders here. Have a good day and happy flying sir.

Whoa... hostility in the air? lol. So we should all base our opinions on a bad experience You had? Gotcha.
Peter on this forum shows a antenna hack to make the antennas stronger and less "flimsy". I get that you have had better experiences with the DBS but to bash a product only because of your own personal experience that noone else on this forum has had to deal with is ludicrous. Plus, i WOULD NEVER send my controller out to get anything installed on it. The simple screw on design wont mess anything up on my controller. I have nothing against all the other antennas and like to see/hear stories of people being happy with what they have. I know you are an old timer so ill end it with that and will respect my elders here. Have a good day and happy flying sir.
No hostility my friend, but if you have read the posts from others and even the Moderator on here, you would have seen I was one of many! On the DJI's , you cannot just screw them on to your controller, you have to open up the DJI controller, replace cables and drill holes to remount. I chose to have him do that, And paid the price for that, in more ways than one ! So am I hostile, No !, against his products, Yes!.
I have stated a few times on hear that I get about the same results with both products, but I will not endorse him in anyways on hear or anywhere and will do everything possible to prevent his shady business from growing my friend !. If the tables were turned, I bet you would too! But like you said, We will leave it at that! I truly do hope you Fly Well Too !

So, joka, you're saying it's OK to buy a product, discover the flimsiness issue and have to do running repairs on it just to make sure it doesn't break?
Sounds to me like a touch of 'Not fit for purpose' my friend.
Why don't you just buy a better product?

I have the FPVLR and have noticed it to be flimsy but will be doing this today. I like the idea this guy Peter has. It should make it stronger.

You will fair well with either, and it is just a personal choice and I like the design and looks and sturdiness on my choice better, Just a matter of choice as results will vary with either one dependent on location and surroundings !;)

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Itelite Dbs is tops
To cheaply made and flimsy, would never pass their QC
in my book,got them for my st10s and one for my st16, the polarized linear aspect is cool,even able to bounce a signal in order to fly behind solid objects is a neat feature. Very well constructed,no worries of anything getting snapped off,just my opinion.

To cheaply made and flimsy, would never pass their QC

I think the FPVLR are made pretty good, they seem solid yet will flex if you hit them.
The fact that they rotate around makes them feel loose. That mod might help that.

Almost all antenna are subject to breakage, the stock ones will fair no better.

So DC I may have missed it in a previous thread but I am sure you did a comparison
of the two antenna under the same conditions.

Truthfully which performed better?

I think the FPVLR are made pretty good, they seem solid yet will flex if you hit them.
The fact that they rotate around makes them feel loose. That mod might help that.

Almost all antenna are subject to breakage, the stock ones will fair no better.

So DC I may have missed it in a previous thread but I am sure you did a comparison
of the two antenna under the same conditions.

Truthfully which performed better?
DBS, for sturdiness and looks, better directionally around things that can block it, Both about the same on averages in same spot for distance. It's your call ! Since the both work basically the same, I want something that doesn't look like my sisters hair curlers back in the 60's ! LOL !;)

Reactions: m20b_pilot
DBS, for sturdiness and looks, better directionally around things that can block it, Both about the same on averages in same spot for distance. It's your call ! Since the both work basically the same, I want something that doesn't look like my sisters hair curlers back in the 60's ! LOL !;)

Ooohh but that hair curler looks more alien and high tech. o_O;):)

FPVLR antennas Rock! Easy to take on and off, well made and look cool. Best of all I can fly 1.5 miles without losing video or control. Great service as well. Mine are very sturdy.

Attachments

• FPVLR antenna.JPG
    FPVLR antenna.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
FPVLR antennas Rock! Easy to take on and off, well made and look cool. Best of all I can fly 1.5 miles without losing video or control. Great service as well. Mine are very sturdy.
My DBS are sturdy attractive and go off and on in a minute and a half. It came with a handy cardboard carrying case. If I could figure out how to post on here you could see todays flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval