Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

Thanks for the verification on the antenna guys I went ahead and ordered the Itelite antenna
ITE-DBS04.6B directly from the manufacture like Hal did. Like he mentioned it was not under Yuneec not even under Products but if you scroll all the way down to "Order" that's where I found it. Not really worried about having to remove it from the transmitter as I think almost any and on antenna will have to be removed.

Those ordering aftermarket antennas, do you already have your H's? Is the LOS reception that bad where we need third party antennas?

Hi everyone ordered the Itelite dbs antenna thanks to my friends over the pond.... does this antenna only help with only video, or control distance also? thanks

I've read this thread twice and am still confused. From what I've gathered...
1. Tim at Yuneec said that polarity was right hand but photo from FPVLR on the Facebook group shows it is left hand.
2. FPVLR says that some dealers contend the H is right hand to discredit FPVLR
3. The FPVLR unboosted is $124
4. Some folks are buying the ITELITE ITE-DBS04.6B panel antena. Is that antenal right hand or left hand? Is that boosted?

I had clear video feed out to something over 700' but would like to go to about 4-5,000 feet to far corner of my fields. Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion with this discussion.

So here is Ming what is on the right? stock antenna is on the left correct? This is when he flys to get the hdmi cable...

Attachments

• ming.jpg
    ming.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 51
From Frank at carolinadronz.com
http://carolinadronz.com/products/it...t16-st24-radio

"Ok so the antenna is a direction antenna that works with left or right clover leaves"

this was in response to the question regarding LHCP or RHCP in the DBS antenna... he received back a response from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarveyC
So which one? FPVLR or CD?

Oh wait, I've got a couple IBCrazy Air Blades. I wonder how they'd work.

Last edited:
Did the manufacturer tell him he would get back to them in two weeks with the correct answer
Frank said that he was waiting for a response from the maker. ... This was their response.
That it doesn't matter if a LHCP or RHCP. Both will work with this panel.

The helical certainly is. The 2.4 appears to be an omni. As for being better than stock, I don't have my H until Wednesday so can't say for certain. I suspect they would be though. Figure Yuneec has designed the H in a manner that will satisfy some level of boundaries established by the FAA and FCC. The pre-set geo fence limits make the FAA happy, along with NFZ's, and a lower signal output level would make the FCC happy by keeping power levels down to legal maximums. Yuneec has allowed the users to easily make changes to both the geo fences and antennas. That didn't happen by accident. If the users want more than they are initially given they have to ability to make it so with little effort.

Last edited:
The helical certainly is. The 2.4 appears to be an omni.
So the 2.4 is for the control? 5.8GHz is for the video right? I don't really care about the range, more so solid video feed with an improved response time for the video feed.

Reactions: Typhooned
I posted links to the FPVLR a couple of times already and ordered them a couple of days ago. The link I posted also mentioned a discount code so they were a little under $120 shipped. I thought about getting the Itelite DBS but that seems bulkier and I had heard good things about the FPVLR but maybe they are a little bit more of a directional antenna than the DBS. I'm almost tempted to get the DBS to do my own comparison. I don't think I'll ever need the additional range available with boosters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio