Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Breeze: motors won't start

Reaction score
A bargain ain't a bargain unless the danged thing works!
Bought a Breeze at Flagstaff Walmart for $142 last Thursday. Friday it snowed, Saturday headed back to Albuquerque. The next day I tried to fly the Breeze indoors with GPS disabled (using iPhone 6 and Breeze Cam App), but the MOTORS WOULDN'T START.
Next day, I went to an open space five miles from the nearest town, to try again. Found that the GPS module wouldn't pick up any satellites even after 10 minutes. I WAS able to do a compass calibration but once again, the motors wouldn't start in the slightest.
Next day, I tried an indoor flight with the included controller, which paired nicely with my phone. After the 3-second countdown, STILL NO MOTOR RESPONSE!
I carefully opened the bottom of the drone body, and found all the motor leads firmly connected to the board.
While I have a Yuneec case number opened, I thought that somebody on this forum might know what issue there is that can be solved beforehand.
In summary:
Breeze Cam App reinstalled three times
Tried both the phone and controller to attempt flight
Compass calibration successful the first attempt
Camera DOES work and WILL adjust angle (only with the phone, not with the controller, which apparently has no provision for that)
Wifi connections always established
GPS module will NOT detect satellites--Pilot and Controller modes only are available
Yuneec was contacted and a case number is established.
Don't even ask me how much fun I had trying to get the Albuquerque Walmart to give me a refund for something bought in Flagstaff, AZ! LOL
Thanks for reading this, and for any insights. Not my first drone, either.

1. When you turn the Breeze on, does it make a la-di-dah sound and flash red-green-blue at the power LED, or do you get a raspberry sound with a flashing red power LED?
  2. Once you connect to the Breeze and press Tasks, are any of the sensor indicators on the upper right red?
  3. If you use the burger in the upper left corner then go to the info page, list the versions for the Client, Flying Control, ESC, and Camera.

"Camera DOES work and WILL adjust angle (only with the phone, not with the controller, which apparently has no provision for that)"

Need firmware update for controller.Breeze controller.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval